College Football 2022

Kevin W.

1 minute ago, MNtwins3 said:

Does this mean Tennessee might break out the orange helmets again?

As much as I would usually hate this idea, screw it, do it for the memories. Orange here, orange there, orange everywhere. It is the Orange Bowl after all.

• Like 12
  • Applause 1

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

Georgia confirms red in the Peach Bowl and also gives us our first look at the CFP swooshes.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cl6ztqVvRDv/?igshid=YWJhMjlhZTc=

spacer.png

This also answers my question about the Vince Dooley tribute patches. The patches had been worn at both home and on the road since the Tennessee game so I assumed they’d be worn the rest of the season, given his impact on the athletic department. I assumed they’d put bowl patches on the opposite side. Looks like they’ll drop the Dooley patches for the postseason.

spacer.png

• Love 1

19 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

Georgia confirms red in the Peach Bowl and also gives us our first look at the CFP swooshes.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cl6ztqVvRDv/?igshid=YWJhMjlhZTc=

spacer.png

This also answers my question about the Vince Dooley tribute patches. The patches had been worn at both home and on the road since the Tennessee game so I assumed they’d be worn the rest of the season, given his impact on the athletic department. I assumed they’d put bowl patches on the opposite side. Looks like they’ll drop the Dooley patches for the postseason.

spacer.png

They could also swap them to the right shoulder, there's a lot of space to work with there. 

• Like 4

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

San Jose State going with Gold helmets for the bowl game. Interesting note, it appears to be something similar to Gameday Skinz temporary helmet covering. The slot for the speed flex part of the helmet is solid, and it looks like there is something wrapping around the ear portion of the helmet. If this is the case, this would be the first usage of the Gameday Skinz in a major game. 

And just as I posted this, San Jose State equipment confirmed that it is Gameday Skinz

5 minutes ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

If I am understanding the concept right, helmet skins let you create alternates without having to order alternate helmets? 

That's a dope business model. 

If the cost per helmet is under $150 I could say it works, since you're looking at helmets that are $700-$1,000 now. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I remember when Paul covered them and there was some concern over the safety aspect or how long they would last if they helmets hit eachother and chip. But it is a cool model and I could see more schools doing it. I'd be interested to see how the decals stay on since the Gameday Skinz is essentially a vinyl material?

• Like 2

That San Jose State helmet would look much better without the area code on one side. Don't see the purpose and their logo would be better there anyway. Nice color though, and I agree that Gameday Skinz could be great for schools looking to create alternate looks without ordering new shells.

• Like 4

the user formerly known as cdclt

49 minutes ago, alxy8s said:
Now THAT is how the NY6 patches should look. Good on the sponsor for letting it go. 

The Rose Bowl doesn’t have a presenting sponsor for the game this year, which is why this change was made. The rose looks great isolated like that, though. Better savor it this year in the event that they add a new presenting sponsor in time for the 2024 (‘23 season) game.

• Like 4

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

16 hours ago, upperV03 said:

The Rose Bowl doesn’t have a presenting sponsor for the game this year, which is why this change was made. The rose looks great isolated like that, though. Better savor it this year in the event that they add a new presenting sponsor in time for the 2024 (‘23 season) game.

17 hours ago, alxy8s said:

Now THAT is how the NY6 patches should look. Good on the sponsor for letting it go. 

Yeah, someone will come in and buy that because we can't have nice things. 

• Like 4

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 12/14/2022 at 10:57 AM, Brave-Bird 08 said:

If I am understanding the concept right, helmet skins let you create alternates without having to order alternate helmets? 

That's a dope business model. 

One reason it hasn’t taken off, and likely won’t, is because Riddell and Schutt void their warranty if you use that product or anything similar.  

• Like 1

Ohio State has revealed their CFP Peach Bowl uni. Throwback stripes as expected. New, however, is the template, which I believe Oregon has been using. One immediate downgrade I can see is that the swoosh and B1G logos are not level.  That will bother my OCD a bit.

I will be curious if other playoff teams update to this model as well. I remember a few years back, Nike often used the CFP as their big stage to reveal new templates. I don’t think the image Georgia posted with the current template means anything because it looked like the chrome swoosh and Peach Bowl patch were just sitting on top of the jersey and weren’t sewn on yet (you can see a shadow below them).

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

Ohio State has revealed their CFP Peach Bowl uni. Throwback stripes as expected. New, however, is the template, which I believe Oregon has been using. One immediate downgrade I can see is that the swoosh and B1G logos are not level.  That will bother my OCD a bit.

I will be curious if other playoff teams update to this model as well. I remember a few years back, Nike often used the CFP as their big stage to reveal new templates. I don’t think the image Georgia posted with the current template means anything because it looked like the chrome swoosh and Peach Bowl patch were just sitting on top of the jersey and weren’t sewn on yet (you can see a shadow below them).

I think Ohio State was supposed to be switching over to those three years ago. So I'm guessing we may see a few more teams wearing it next season. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png