College Football 2022

Kevin W.

42 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Wonder if the helmet stripes will be solid orange (like the current helmets) or if they'll bring back the stripe that is part checkerboard. 

The article says that the checkerboard stripe will be used.

I’m not a fan of introducing new variations of this same uniform every year. They already have a decent alternate. Now just stick with it.

I like these uniforms better than their black set, which never really seemed to match their aesthetic. Maybe they’d have been better if they had a black helmet.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, JTernup said:

I like all the space uniforms but it is getting a bit oversaturated. As far as I'm concerned, Purdue, UCF, AF, and Houston are the only programs with any claim to a space uniform. As long as we don't exceed that list I like it. 

I kind of feel that way too. I think because UCF does it every year it seems like there are more space uniforms than there really are. A orange and green Citronaut throwback one year would be good for UCF to keep the space uniforms from getting boring.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, NH4 said:

News on Tennessee’s Smokey Gray uniforms

I have always thought that these uniforms were one of college football's best/most underrated looks. Don't know if it's the better than usual utilization of gray, or if the Vols orange just goes well with a darker shade, but it really works, especially the two-tone design between the torso and sleeves. Interested to see what other designs they will come up with. Hopefully they don't start overdoing it.

• Like 2

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

Yeah, the black set for Tennessee last year reeked of BFBS, even with trying to find some type of balance by adding black strokes to the helmet decals/stripe. 

The smokey grey just makes too much sense, and even though they wore some pretty bad "grey" options over the years, the most recent version was an amazing alternate. 

• Like 3

The Ducks have some special new cleats for the season-opener against the reigning champs:

First of all, this seems to signify that they’ll be in the vastly superior apple green jerseys instead of wearing their new nightmare green jerseys. Second of all, I loved Nike’s Vapor Carbon 1.0 & 2.0 cleat models, so I’m thrilled to see a remake of the VC 2.0 cleats here (they have the same sole plate as the current Vapor Edge 360 model). Also, as with the other special edition cleats that the Ducks have received in the past few seasons, these were designed by Oregon alum Mattrell McGraw (who also designs cleats for OBJ, Kyler Murray, Russell Wilson, and other big-name Nike stars). 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

34 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

The Ducks have some special new cleats for the season-opener against the reigning champs:

First of all, this seems to signify that they’ll be in the vastly superior apple green jerseys instead of wearing their new nightmare green jerseys. Second of all, I loved Nike’s Vapor Carbon 1.0 & 2.0 cleat models, so I’m thrilled to see a remake of the VC 2.0 cleats here (they have the same sole plate as the current Vapor Edge 360 model). Also, as with the other special edition cleats that the Ducks have received in the past few seasons, these were designed by Oregon alum Mattrell McGraw (who also designs cleats for OBJ, Kyler Murray, Russell Wilson, and other big-name Nike stars). 

I heard rumors it would be red vs green. Color on color seems to be a favorite of the Peach Bowl and the Kickoff Game. Fully expecting Georgia in the usual home uniform vs whatever combo Oregon decides to use, but at least with the green tops. Hoping for yellow lids and pants. Not sure if my color blind eyes can take solid green against mostly red.

13 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

I heard rumors it would be red vs green. Color on color seems to be a favorite of the Peach Bowl and the Kickoff Game. Fully expecting Georgia in the usual home uniform vs whatever combo Oregon decides to use, but at least with the green tops. Hoping for yellow lids and pants. Not sure if my color blind eyes can take solid green against mostly red.

Yeah, I’ve heard the same rumors. As much as I like color vs. color, it would be a curious choice in this instance given the color blind issue. Yellow lids and pants would help, and I do think there’s a good chance we’ll see one or both of those with the green jerseys.

• Like 3

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

21 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Yeah, I’ve heard the same rumors. As much as I like color vs. color, it would be a curious choice in this instance given the color blind issue. Yellow lids and pants would help, and I do think there’s a good chance we’ll see one or both of those with the green jerseys.

Chances it’s a brand new set/template? I’m really hoping for a new template with wings or something to bring that swagger back. It’s been too bland the past few years.

57 minutes ago, QbDuck said:

Chances it’s a brand new set/template? I’m really hoping for a new template with wings or something to bring that swagger back. It’s been too bland the past few years.

The base set is the same as last year and as far as I know the new stuff this year will follow the same template and design.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

2 minutes ago, QbDuck said:

Anything about next year? Revamp ?

No clue. It used to be that uniform sets were used for three seasons by the Ducks, but since ~ 2014 it’s been anyone’s guess when there’ll be new stuff and when/if there’ll be a completely new set. With the coaching change, too, it remains to be seen whether or not Lanning has influence on the uniform front.

• Like 1

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

9 hours ago, SSmith48 said:

Gradients are making their way into D1 FCS football, courtesy of the North Carolina A&T Aggies. Woof. Could look a lot worse, but I'm not going to give this thing any credit for looking good, because it doesn't.

I wonder if the NCAA considers this fine because it's two light colors touching and the numbers are still legible?

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

12 hours ago, SSmith48 said:

Gradients are making their way into D1 FCS football, courtesy of the North Carolina A&T Aggies. Woof. Could look a lot worse, but I'm not going to give this thing any credit for looking good, because it doesn't.

Don’t be surprised if we start seeing a lot of FCS schools and even high schools using this design, as it’s one of the newer Nike Team catalog options.

• Like 4

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

14 hours ago, SSmith48 said:

It looks like the player is wearing a crop top pinnie in the first picture. Man, those are awful.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

Minnesota has devolved into looking like trash the last 5-10 years.

Ever since PJ Fleck took over. Their uniforms in the mid 2010's were really good imo

usa_today_9655978.0.jpg

usa-today-8134593.0.jpg

but once Fleck took over, it's very little gold but a lot of chrome, white, and black (or anthracite)

Dr6aBB4U8AAKM4r.jpg

New_Gopher_Football_Uniforms.jpeg

usa_today_16777155.0.jpg

• Like 5
  • Applause 2