College Football 2022

Kevin W.

3 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

Minnesota has devolved into looking like trash the last 5-10 years.

Minnesota Golden Gophers P.J. Flecks. Same thing happened at Western Michigan while he was there. Just a total lack of consistency and an overreliance on "cool" aesthetics that don't blend with the college's branding.

Before:

xbroncofootball450.jpg,qitok=wzcR1t9S.pagespeed.ic.jfwA4wfzlm.webp

TheRoundUp 9/18: UConn has limited options on d-line - The UConn Blog

After:

Western Michigan Unveils New Uniforms for 2013 - AthlonSports.com | Expert  Predictions, Picks, and Previews

niu-wmu-unis2.jpg

jgnouyskrdh7aongbnlb.jpg

• Like 4

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

1 hour ago, jerrylawless3 said:

What I find so strange about the "Fleck"ing of his program's uniforms is that PJ Fleck has said before that his favorite college football uniforms are Penn State's. I guess this is a case of catering branding toward his coaching philosophy and not actually making good looking uniforms.

Time to de-fleck the gophers.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jerrylawless3 said:

What I find so strange about the "Fleck"ing of his program's uniforms is that PJ Fleck has said before that his favorite college football uniforms are Penn State's. I guess this is a case of catering branding toward his coaching philosophy and not actually making good looking uniforms.

I take it that is a good quote, but not what he ACTUALLY believes 🙂

• Like 1

It's where I sit.

I'm so confused. For one, Iowa State -- a school a stone's throw from Minneapolis -- already set the table for non-sensical alternates by wearing black-and-white uniforms for almost an entire season. 

Now, Minnesota, who has the same colors (generally) as Iowa State, chooses to make the same exact mistake, almost as if Fleck saw Iowa State highlights all year last year and thought "Let's do that too." 

I just don't understand. These uniforms don't look good. They did an entire unveil and hype video for it. The players even seem more fake-cheering than actually digging it. We've definitely lost it if coaches feel like they need a "black and white" alternate just to keep up with the Joneses. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

I'm so confused. For one, Iowa State -- a school a stone's throw from Minneapolis -- already set the table for non-sensical alternates by wearing black-and-white uniforms for almost an entire season. 

Now, Minnesota, who has the same colors (generally) as Iowa State, chooses to make the same exact mistake, almost as if Fleck saw Iowa State highlights all year last year and thought "Let's do that too." 

I just don't understand. These uniforms don't look good. They did an entire unveil and hype video for it. The players even seem more fake-cheering than actually digging it. We've definitely lost it if coaches feel like they need a "black and white" alternate just to keep up with the Joneses. 

It's all about PJ Fleck, not the school. Once he rows his boat out of there, all of the oar imagery will be gone. Hopefully uniforms that are oddly colored will be as well 

It's where I sit.

2 hours ago, Clintau24 said:

Here it is - the most comprehensive overview of every new uniform, helmet, logo, and even field design. From Power 5 schools to Division III. Enjoy!

2022-CFB-Uniforms.png

Don't forget the changes to Virginia's white helmets, which keep the stripes and add the navy mask. 

Ohio State will wear a 2002 home red throwback. (h/t Andrew Lind)

I didn't know about BYU's helmet paint change...but the decals will kind of ruin it. The decals are white/regular gloss blue/white, and so is the Y...if these glossy blue areas were clear, the metallic paint would shine through and make it look way better. 

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, Clintau24 said:

Here it is - the most comprehensive overview of every new uniform, helmet, logo, and even field design. From Power 5 schools to Division III. Enjoy!

Hadn't seen this before, but what's the deal with that blatant Padres rip-off script that FIU is using? Oof, it wasn't a great word mark for a baseball team but seems really off for a football team..

I like the gold flake though, hopefully it shows up under the lights.

spacer.png

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

Yeah apparently an OSU AD/Assistant said it was not happening - I'll update my post.

In other news, a couple of retail sites have this helmet happening for East Carolina (available for pre-order), though nothing announced from ECU yet. IMO, they should have just brought back the classic 90s purple helmet. 

East Carolina Pirates ECU 2022 White Revolution SPEED Mini Football Helmet

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

3 hours ago, Clintau24 said:

2022-CFB-Uniforms.png

Did not know about the Central Michigan and Utah State changes before this and now I’m angry two of my favorite G5 looks are gone. 

• LOL 1

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

8 hours ago, JTernup said:

Hadn't seen this before, but what's the deal with that blatant Padres rip-off script that FIU is using? Oof, it wasn't a great word mark for a baseball team but seems really off for a football team..

I like the gold flake though, hopefully it shows up under the lights.

spacer.png

Their baseball team has used that for a while. 

• Like 3

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience