College Football 2022

Kevin W.

58 minutes ago, NH4 said:

Adidas would be amazing if they just stuck to throwbacks, these are really good. One very little thing I'm interested in seeing is if the rubber conference patch will come off like the Dodgers rubber helmet logo did

FaNoaO2XkAAz6l1?format=jpg&name=large

CqOGqg1XYAAAfM1?format=jpg&name=900x900

Well the rubber logos used for super bowl patches don’t come off so I think they won’t 

1 hour ago, NH4 said:

Adidas would be amazing if they just stuck to throwbacks, these are really good. One very little thing I'm interested in seeing is if the rubber conference patch will come off like the Dodgers rubber helmet logo did

Doubtful. One is done in house by an equipment manager. The other is a heat sealed patch which is then stitched to the garment. I’m sure it’ll be fine.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Germanshepherd said:

New Husker throwbacks, presumably for Oklahoma game. Always had a soft spot for the Sleeve N. 

After the last few years with crazy alternates, this is a nice change of pace for the Huskers. We need to bring the striped pants back full time, it's a much better look.

• Like 2

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

55 minutes ago, SSmith48 said:

After the last few years with crazy alternates, this is a nice change of pace for the Huskers. We need to bring the striped pants back full time, it's a much better look.

I do prefer the striped pants, but as long as Frost is the head coach (which might not be much longer), I think the stripeless ‘97 pants should stay, plus it’s a big differentiator with Wisconsin. 

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

3 hours ago, NH4 said:

The Dodger logos that broke off and fell off were made of hard plastic (?) which is why they broke and fell off all the time. The current helmet logo is rubber and seems to have no issues

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

20 hours ago, lilgump said:

Another adidas release. This time for UW. 

These aren't my favorite but at least it's only purple and gold school colors.  Just a recolor of their normal road jersey. 

How is it that the shiny gold on here looks good, but the one that Georgia Tech used is completely awful?

• LOL 1

1 hour ago, WBeltz said:

How is it that the shiny gold on here looks good, but the one that Georgia Tech used is completely awful?

There's no flat gold fabric elsewhere on the set, just the shiny stuff. If they mixed and matched the two sheens like Georgia Tech, it'd look atrocious, but sticking with just one works. I like the set as an alternate, wouldn't be opposed to Washington using the shiny gold on their set full time. I love their purple and gold color scheme, but the gold has always felt too plain and cream-like for my taste. I'd prefer a truer mustardy gold or something shiny like this, tradition be damned.

• Like 2

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

On 8/14/2022 at 5:43 PM, lilgump said:

These aren't my favorite but at least it's only purple and gold school colors.  Just a recolor of their normal road jersey. 

This is probably the only time the Adidas tin foil numbers actually make sense and look good. Very solid alt for UW and way better than anything black.

• Like 1

On 8/14/2022 at 8:43 PM, lilgump said:

Wish they would have gone with non-metallic helmet stripes/facemask. There's just too much shine going on in that helmet. The purple on the rest of the uniform looks to have more of a matte non-glossy finish. It would have created a nice contrast in textures. 

3 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

Wish they would have gone with non-metallic helmet stripes/facemask. There's just too much shine going on in that helmet. The purple on the rest of the uniform looks to have more of a matte non-glossy finish. It would have created a nice contrast in textures. 

The whole thing is tacky and there's no reason for the uniform to exist. I get the impression that adidas has a huge surplus of metallic gold heat applied material and is looking for any excuse to put it on a uniform.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Germanshepherd said:

The uniforms themselves are great. The fact that Tennessee wears them like 4 times a year and always for the biggest home games is not. 

Wouldn't be surprised if they bring them out for Florida. They're 1-16 since 2005 against the Gators and that 1 was in the smokey grays.

ExJworW.png

2 hours ago, NH4 said:

News on Tennessee’s Smokey Gray uniforms

Wonder if the helmet stripes will be solid orange (like the current helmets) or if they'll bring back the stripe that is part checkerboard. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I like all the space uniforms but it is getting a bit oversaturated. As far as I'm concerned, Purdue, UCF, AF, and Houston are the only programs with any claim to a space uniform. As long as we don't exceed that list I like it. 

• Like 4

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators