College Football 2022

Kevin W.

Aside from being bfbs, the Miami nights have slowly gotten worse. The OG ones were just their normal uniforms blacked out. I think they used them two years. The 2.0 featured the orange chrome mask and neon tube stripes on the lid, and these 3.0 are kinda lame using actual neon colors and a blacked out logo. That being said, any of the three are miles above adidas first go around with silver and the tire tread template (and a corresponding white version). Where it gets totally ridiculous is when they wear black, green, some recycled ocean garbage uniform and end up wearing orange like 4 times max.

KISSwall09.jpg

6 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

I was hoping UCF would change to Citronauts when they changed conferences next year, but now I guess that ain't happening. 😕

You must be reading Reddit way too much.  Outside of some kind of alternate identity, I doubt UCF would revert back to Citronauts.

• Like 5

I cannot believe I actually like the new Miami BFBS.

Did they get permission from the heat to use that Miami script, or…?

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

4 hours ago, TenaciousG said:

I cannot believe I actually like the new Miami BFBS.

Did they get permission from the heat to use that Miami script, or…?

Technically it's not really a Heat proprietary script.  It dates back to the original Miami Arena.  Not sure who owns it but it could be public domain to an extent.

f31d549cbad34cacfdee0bbaeba21fdf.jpg

• Like 10

On 8/11/2022 at 11:10 AM, DCarp1231 said:

Anyone else remember the Louisville uniforms with the awkward forward facing shoulder numbers?

spacer.png

I recall FAMU doing this in either the late 90s or early 2000s.  No idea why they did it like that.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

15 hours ago, Discrim said:

I recall FAMU doing this in either the late 90s or early 2000s.  No idea why they did it like that.

Ah, neat. I didn't realize that either FAMU or Louisville had done this. The first (and to my knowledge up to now, only) instance I noticed it was the Ottawa Rough Riders back in the 60s. (I was bored once while working out and picked a random Grey Cup on YouTube to watch (1966). Ottawa was one of the teams, and that was the first time I'd ever seen forward-facing numbers like that.

spacer.png

Another adidas release. This time for UW. 

These aren't my favorite but at least it's only purple and gold school colors.  Just a recolor of their normal road jersey. 

• Like 3
  • Yawn 2
  • Dislike 1

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

Any chance we ever see Nike make another iteration of the "Nike pro combat uniforms"? I just wish that Nike would come out with a elite set of uniforms for all the major schools. Update the templates, keep it the same across the board, deep research in what to have on the uniform etc.  Would help to create that hype again and show off their new technology every year. 

• Like 2

No way that UW uniform is gonna be readable. 

Also, I agree with the one-time Nike Pro Combat being the best way to show off alternates. Give them one game a year to go crazy, and it’s fun. Doing it basically every week is just a damn mess. 

• Like 2

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

12 hours ago, QbDuck said:

Any chance we ever see Nike make another iteration of the "Nike pro combat uniforms"? I just wish that Nike would come out with a elite set of uniforms for all the major schools. Update the templates, keep it the same across the board, deep research in what to have on the uniform etc.  Would help to create that hype again and show off their new technology every year. 

The Pro Combat line was a bunch of uniforms that not only were designed poorly but were super gaudy and had strange details like the fat, truncated pant inserts, nonsensical armpit inserts, and the flywire. They were anything but "elite." I don't need Nike doing another batch of this, I need the Nike schools to make uniform decisions that make sense. 

When I think of where most are at in general, the trend is traditional: UGA & LSU have gone from custom font to block, Tennessee switched from the checkered-stripes back to traditional, Clemson's uniforms should not be touched in their current state, USC's only tweak has been the really nice pewter facemask. I could go on and on, but just like with the NFL (Browns, Bucs, Jaguars, etc), there's been a trend of teams basically telling the Nike creatives to sit down and taking back the autonomy over their identity. 

I don't want to see that change. I'm all for new stuff, I love it, but time and time again Nike has proven it can't be handed off a project without spewing out something that's overdesigned and clearly more of a canvas for them to highlight their own "technology" as opposed to designing something that looks good

• Like 5

13 hours ago, lilgump said:

Another adidas release. This time for UW. 

These aren't my favorite but at least it's only purple and gold school colors.  Just a recolor of their normal road jersey. 

So adidas has gone back to tinfoil numbers and stripes again. Blech! 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 minutes ago, Germanshepherd said:

New Husker throwbacks, presumably for Oklahoma game. Always had a soft spot for the Sleeve N. 

Adidas would be amazing if they just stuck to throwbacks, these are really good. One very little thing I'm interested in seeing is if the rubber conference patch will come off like the Dodgers rubber helmet logo did

FaNoaO2XkAAz6l1?format=jpg&name=large

CqOGqg1XYAAAfM1?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Like 2
  • LOL 2