College Football 2022

Kevin W.

On 8/24/2022 at 9:59 AM, JTernup said:

Hadn't seen this before, but what's the deal with that blatant Padres rip-off script that FIU is using? Oof, it wasn't a great word mark for a baseball team but seems really off for a football team..

You'd be surprised how popular scripts resembling the mid 2000s Padres (and colored jerseys reminiscent of the late 90s Padres) are among college baseball teams.  I am somewhat surprised that script migrated to the football helmet bumper, but only because things unique to the baseball teams (Arizona State's interlocking AS, Miami's English M, Oklahoma State's use of just an O) rarely ever get used by the other sports, Rice's English R being a notable exception.

• Like 2

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I know it's been talked about 1 million times but I'm going to beat a dead horse. Number 5 with his white t shirt hanging out of the bottom looks ridiculously stupid. White helmet, white jersey, white pants, white socks, white shoes, white wrinkly tshirt hanging out. 

"Hey everyone, I'm ready for the photoshoot to show off the new unis! Not only is my undershirt hanging out, but I was able to wad it up in a ball overnight to make sure it looked nice and jarring!"

• Like 1
  • Yawn 4

38 minutes ago, WBeltz said:

Did Oregon leak a different set of green uniforms? I can’t tell if it’s lighting or if it’s a different uniform set.

Just lighting, it’s the same apple green uni as last year. They do have a new nightmare green uni for this year, but that’s not it in that second pic.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

43 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Illinois’ helmet, with the white trim and face mask, doesn’t work with the rest of the uniform, which has no white anywhere. 

They should really update the pants and jerseys to be more in line with the helmets. Would really improve their look.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Both Northwestern and Nebraska would look better with pants stripes, but still a great looking game.

Right now on ESPN Stephen F. Austin is wearing the pants Northwestern should have made part of their new set.

• Like 1

Hotter Than July > Thriller

2 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

They should really update the pants and jerseys to be more in line with the helmets. Would really improve their look.

IIRC they acknowledged that was their plan in the long term, but that they couldn’t get an updated set so quickly. It was quicker and easier to update the helmet for now.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

IIRC they acknowledged that was their plan in the long term, but that they couldn’t get an updated set so quickly. It was quicker and easier to update the helmet for now.

I know they updated the helmet last year, so I assumed they would have gotten it sorted this year. Oh well.