College Football 2022

Kevin W.

12 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

I know they updated the helmet last year, so I assumed they would have gotten it sorted this year. Oh well.

They would have had more white in the uniform, but Bret Bielema ate it.

It's where I sit.

Vandy is in all white, and every piece has matching B/G/B striping. Hawai'i is in all black. It's a solid looking matchup.

In regards to ULM's Warhawk helmet decals, I like them. I wonder how interested would they be in the idea of leaning towards catering their athletic identity into a"Warhawk Plane Fighter" look. It'd stand to be unique if done in the right way.

Howard University sporting silver helmets again. This is after many alums complained when Howard went that route with their first set of Under Armour uniforms, because their archrival Hampton University has always worn silver helmets (Howard colors are officially navy blue, white and red). Howard and Hampton are no longer in the same conference, but how does this happen twice in a relatively short time period?

Somebody within the football program must really want it to be a silver/gray team in spite of historic tradition and rivalries. Even after switching back to white helmets, their second set of UA uniforms kept gray accents. None of Howard's other teams have worn silver/gray, with perhaps the exception of softball.

Football - Howard University Athletics

2022 Football Archives - HBCU Gameday

• Like 1

Hotter Than July > Thriller

1 hour ago, 4_tattoos said:

Howard University sporting silver helmets again. This is after many alums complained when Howard went that route with their first set of Under Armour uniforms, because their archrival Hampton University has always worn silver helmets (Howard colors are officially navy blue, white and red). Howard and Hampton are no longer in the same conference, but how does this happen twice in a relatively short time period?

Somebody within the football program must really want it to be a silver/gray team in spite of historic tradition and rivalries. Even after switching back to white helmets, their second set of UA uniforms kept gray accents. None of Howard's other teams have worn silver/gray, with perhaps the exception of softball.

Football - Howard University Athletics

2022 Football Archives - HBCU Gameday

That helmet in the first picture may be the worst logo placement I’ve ever seen in my life.

• Like 2

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

I still HATE the asymmetric helmet design and wished it died off. I saw at least four teams (Austin Peay, Idaho State, Stephen F. Austin and New Mexico State) doing that and it annoys me to no end.

Either have logos or numbers, not both!

• Like 5

3 hours ago, nuordr said:

My favorite uniform matchups of week 0 and of course 1 fail. 

Vanderbilt at Hawaii 

spacer.png

I actually like the "V" on the helmet. I think I'd prefer in it black w/gold outline on the white helmet. But it isn't terrible. They *do* have a star logo with the new "V" that was on their branding so they could always slap that on there. Otherwise it's a solid upgrade from what they last had.

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, WBeltz said:

I actually like the "V" on the helmet. I think I'd prefer in it black w/gold outline on the white helmet. But it isn't terrible. They *do* have a star logo with the new "V" that was on their branding so they could always slap that on there. Otherwise it's a solid upgrade from what they last had.

I hope they use it more

spacer.png

Just the V reminds me of  Villanova

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

This Duquesne player is making the rounds on social media for his undershirt. It's the same color as the pants, making it look like he has mid-chest breezers on. Admittedly, its worse looking on TV than it is here, but it's a problem that doesn't look like its going to be slowing down anytime soon.

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

18 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

Players got by tucking their undershirts in for decades up until about 4-5 years ago. Can we fix this problem already? It looks horrible.

Not only does it look horrible, it literally puts the player at a disadvantage. 

Dobbs.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

Seems like just yesterday Nike and Adidas would brag about their uniforms being .00005% lighter and tighter. Now some players look like they are wearing skirts. It's even made its way into madden. 

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, HopewellJones said:

I hardly ever really notice the players' undershirts. Doesn't really bother me in most cases. 

It's definitely one of the more niche things people on here complain about. Only time it would possibly bother me is if it's a non-team colored shirt, like somebody on the Browns wearing neon green

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

It totally depends on what the undershirt color is. If it matches the jersey or pants, usually it blends in and it’s not a big deal. But then you have situations like this with a contrasting color that matches neither the jersey nor the pants and looks like a fat belt. Sorry these aren’t college, but they’re two examples I could think of off the top of my head. In the Rams shot, there’s at least 4 players with the look.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 3

Does anyone know or has anyone heard or read from the players themselves why they do that? I'm sure some do it because it's trendy, but whoever started it probably had a legit reason to... 🤷🏿‍♂️

• Like 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

6 minutes ago, tBBP said:

Does anyone know or has anyone heard or read from the players themselves why they do that? I'm sure some do it because it's trendy, but whoever started it probably had a legit reason to... 🤷🏿‍♂️

Player's reasonings are not factored into discussions here, it's all about the aesthetics 😂

When is that one dude who insults players for wearing their undershirts loose going to weigh in?