2022-23 NBA Logo & Jersey Changes

kolob

2 hours ago, kimball said:

Nah. I could see MAYBE a City Edition, but even then nobody knows (or cares) what the SLC flag looks like here in Utah. If you're going to build a sports brand or alternate jersey around a city or state flag it should be somewhat iconic or recognizable outside the state. That's why it works for Colorado, Chicago and Arizona (to name a few).

I mean, OKC's identity is built around the flag there and who could tell me what that looks like?

14 minutes ago, TaylorMade said:

I mean, OKC's identity is built around the flag there and who could tell me what that looks like?

Yes. State flags are more common than city flags, save for the occasional well-known instance: Chicago, St. Louis... I'm sure there are others. When people from Salt Lake City says the flag is not well-known enough, they usually know what they're talking about.

8 hours ago, Ben in LA said:

People said that about the Rams, yet…

Yes but they won in alternate uniform not bone one and it look like this gonna be their primary road shirt and bone will be slowly push into trash can.

• Like 2

4r2eer.png

18 hours ago, TaylorMade said:

Could have built a pretty decent brand around SLC's flag

FinalSLCFlag-1024x730.jpg

Those are beautiful colors. The NOLA Hornets used to have an identity using that kind of colors indeed, and it was an outstanding uniform package along with the graphics.

• Like 2

On 6/28/2022 at 6:19 PM, truepg said:

But timeless and classy, and unprofessionally lackluster are different things, though.

The Cavs still hold that title by a margin. What they switched from in favor of this makes it way more egregious than the Jazz.

LeBron-James-1.jpg

One of the most underestimated jerseys in recent years (especially the white one)

Edited by GermanSixer

In what's the weirdest thing I've seen in a long time, we were super close two have three black/white/gray teams in the NBA, but yet we have a grand total of 1 navy and red team (Washington) (Denver and New Orleans doesn't count, since they use yellow/gold too)

SqZ68qe.png

tL45BrE.png

57 minutes ago, Bruhammydude said:

In what's the weirdest thing I've seen in a long time, we were super close two have three black/white/gray teams in the NBA, but yet we have a grand total of 0 navy and red teams (Denver and New Orleans doesn't count, since they use yellow/gold too)

What the NBA lacks in navy and red it makes up for with purple.  Barely any of that in other major leagues.

• Like 3

spacer.png

Last updated 5/23

1 hour ago, Bruhammydude said:

In what's the weirdest thing I've seen in a long time, we were super close two have three black/white/gray teams in the NBA, but yet we have a grand total of 1 navy and red team (Washington) (Denver and New Orleans doesn't count, since they use yellow/gold too)

Somehow forgot about Washington, but there's not much going on in the nation's capital anyway tbf

SqZ68qe.png

tL45BrE.png

On 6/28/2022 at 8:38 PM, TaylorMade said:

Could have built a pretty decent brand around SLC's flag

FinalSLCFlag-1024x730.jpg

Primary color: Finals-era purple 

Secondary color:  Flag blue 

Tertiary color: Flag yellow 

Do that, and they’d have a unique color scheme that’s tied to their history and city. Instead, we got black and highlighter yellow. 

• Like 7

4 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

Primary color: Finals-era purple 

Secondary color:  Flag blue 

Tertiary color: Flag yellow 

Do that, and they’d have a unique color scheme that’s tied to their history and city. Instead, we got black and highlighter yellow. 

Even though to me the Utah Jazz is all Stockton-Malone purple mountains, I'll be all for it if they went straight up to this color scheme with the same color distribution. That good it was:

chris-paul-of-the-new-orleans-hornets-mo

EDIT: Now that I think of it, Pelicans should've just stayed with it. The colors they switched to are very drab.

As a side note, there really are too many purple teams indeed.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Bruhammydude said:

But do we really need another red-white-navy team? That color scheme with whatever variant of blue happens to be the most common in American sports. There were several teams with that color scheme in the NBA in the '00-'10s, and at one point during that period literally about half the league was red.

• Like 3

The NBA has a lot of red teams (4 red-black teams), and a lot of blue teams, but only 3 red/white/blue teams. One more purple team along with the Lakers, Suns and Kings (maybe Toronto down the line) isn't going to hurt anyone.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

The NBA has a lot of red teams (4 red-black teams), and a lot of blue teams, but only 3 red/white/blue teams. One more purple team along with the Lakers, Suns and Kings (maybe Toronto down the line) isn't going to hurt anyone.

Potentially five purple teams is too many to me for such an eccentric color, as with any other color scheme, really.

• Dislike 1

4 hours ago, truepg said:

Even though to me the Utah Jazz is all Stockton-Malone purple mountains, I'll be all for it if they went straight up to this color scheme with the same color distribution. That good it was:

chris-paul-of-the-new-orleans-hornets-mo

EDIT: Now that I think of it, Pelicans should've just stayed with it. The colors they switched to are very drab.

As a side note, there really are too many purple teams indeed.

Very underrated set by the Hornets during their time in New Orleans. 

• Like 5

XM4KeeA.png

3 hours ago, truepg said:

Potentially five purple teams is too many to me for such an eccentric color, as with any other color scheme, really.

But when they all use different secondary colors I don’t see the issue. Heck the lakers primary color is gold not purple, and charlottes primary is teal.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, dont care said:

But when they all use different secondary colors I don’t see the issue. Heck the lakers primary color is gold not purple, and charlottes primary is teal.

But when they play in their away unis that are mainly purple, they are mainly purple teams. Lakers are as much purple as they are yellow to me.  Charlotte wasn't the first on the list, though.

1 hour ago, insert name said:

Very underrated set by the Hornets during their time in New Orleans. 

I agree that those were very nice, but I don't know if I'd describe them as underrated, because I feel as if most people thought they looked great at the time. The problem was that the look just belonged in a different city. 

On 6/29/2022 at 12:34 PM, pepis21 said:

Yes but they won in alternate uniform not bone one and it look like this gonna be their primary road shirt and bone will be slowly push into trash can.

True but not just the bone jersey was being trashed. The whole look (broken horn, odd numbers, the colors) was criticized and a couple of folks on this forum did say they wouldn’t win with this look.

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png