2022-23 NBA Logo & Jersey Changes

kolob

1 hour ago, Ben in LA said:

True but not just the bone jersey was being trashed. The whole look (broken horn, odd numbers, the colors) was criticized and a couple of folks on this forum did say they wouldn’t win with this look.

Yes that true but Bone (by most of community) was and still is trashed to the max compare to rest of the set. To be fair Rams look is easier to fix than Jazz because Rams needs few tweaks here and there and Jazz need a new full re-brand.

• Like 1

4r2eer.png

42 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

Yes that true but Bone (by most of community) was and still is trashed to the max compare to rest of the set. To be fair Rams look is easier to fix than Jazz because Rams needs few tweaks here and there and Jazz need a new full re-brand.

I don't think there's a good argument about a full Jazz rebrand since the new uniforms are broadly just a recolored version of the previous uniforms. They still have the angled stripes under the arm and on the shorts. The font is very similar (changing serifs but little else) and note logo is unchanged.

15 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

I don't think there's a good argument about a full Jazz rebrand since the new uniforms are broadly just a recolored version of the previous uniforms. They still have the angled stripes under the arm and on the shorts. The font is very similar (changing serifs but little else) and note logo is unchanged.

Playing Devil's Advocate here, but if the underlying brand was strong enough to begin with, there wouldn't have been a need to continually tweak the team's look. 

As much as I disagree with the direction of this re-brand, I don't think the intent was misguided. You ask five people on this board which look works best for the Jazz, you'll probably get five different opinions. The new owners were taking a swing at addressing they. They just missed — badly. 

• Like 7

Just now, gosioux76 said:

Playing Devil's Advocate here, but if the underlying brand was strong enough to begin with, there wouldn't have been a need to continually tweak the team's look. 

As much as I disagree with the direction of this re-brand, I don't think the intent was misguided. You ask five people on this board which look works best for the Jazz, you'll probably get five different opinions. The new owners were taking a swing at addressing they. They just missed — badly. 

This is an interesting insight. 

You might be right though I would add that the Jazz suffered at the time for an embarrassment of riches. They had several themes in their brand that were all, on their own, really very nice: the basic set, red rock, 90's, classic 80's.

• Like 5

Just now, Carolingian Steamroller said:

This is an interesting insight. 

You might be right though I would add that the Jazz suffered at the time for an embarrassment of riches. They had several themes in their brand that were all, on their own, really very nice: the basic set, red rock, 90's, classic 80's.

You're absolutely right on this point. But it's also worth noting that, for the most part, all of those looks are substantially different from one another. There's no continual thread between them. With maybe one exception, they could be looks for completely different teams. 

The Hawks have had some really appealing themes over the years, too. But most of them appear built off the same foundation. That's where the Jazz differ. 

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

You hit the nail right on the head. The intent was definitely good and I’m one of those Jazz fans that felt something needed to change, so I was completely on board with the general idea of a rebrand. Problem is, ownership’s idea of what said rebrand should be was a horrific idea. They not only swung hard and missed on a fastball down the middle, but they fell right in the dirt and flung the bat into the second row.

• Like 5

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

16 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

I don't think there's a good argument about a full Jazz rebrand

I think you misunderstood me or I didn't precise. I mean Jazz black-yellow rebrand needs another rebrand to fix it. :)

4r2eer.png

43 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

You're absolutely right on this point. But it's also worth noting that, for the most part, all of those looks are substantially different from one another. There's no continual thread between them. With maybe one exception, they could be looks for completely different teams. 

The Hawks have had some really appealing themes over the years, too. But most of them appear built off the same foundation. That's where the Jazz differ. 

Right, and therein lay the rub.

In particular, the red rock design, though sharing fonts with the base design, was dramatically different in color tone and ornamentation from the base design. It did feel to me like at some point, they needed to pick a lane (see e.g. pre-2020 Brewers).

• Like 4

On 2022-07-01 at 11:14 AM, gosioux76 said:

standards.png 

• Like 9
  • LOL 1

47 minutes ago, EddieJ1984 said:

I just read that whole story - it's wild!  I can't believe that's what happened to that floor.

• WOAH 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

14 hours ago, Conrad. said:

Suns are sticking with current Association and Icon uniforms. Only changing Statement and City (and adding the Classic) for next season.

Are Nike/Jordan Brand logos going back to non-diamond-like varieties?

22 hours ago, Conrad. said:

Suns are sticking with current Association and Icon uniforms. Only changing Statement and City (and adding the Classic) for next season.

So this was fake???

spacer.png