2022 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVII

canzman

gold should not be more than simply trim for the Ravens.  The numbers are too much

• Like 6
  • Dislike 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

16 minutes ago, PERRIN said:

I don't think the Ravens need much more gold than they have, a thin gold outline on the edge of the pants stripe would be nice imo. It'd keep the color balance on the pants the same as the numbers.

Here's a super quick sketch of what I'm envisioning
WAa160w.png

EHuM4lk.png

• Like 21
  • Love 1
  • Applause 1

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

3 hours ago, derami said:

I am likely in the minority, but I’d really like to see my Browns adopt the inverted legend orange jerseys, orange pants like they currently have and either the traditional striped socks or the brown socks from their current color rush. If they wrote that against a team with a dark color scheme (for instance the Bengals in their black pants and jersey, or the Bucs in their all pewter, but with white or red socks), that would be decent. 

my 2cents

What are inverted legend orange jerseys?

21 minutes ago, derami said:

Bengals are wearing white over black, right? Thought I saw that posted a while back. Normally I'd dislike having so much orange in one game, but it's Halloween night. Love it when teams do something fun to celebrate holiday games. I'll prefer the Browns' orange pants against almost any opponent regardless, so this one definitely gets a pass. 

• Like 3

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

3 hours ago, BBTV said:

gold should not be more than simply trim for the Ravens.  The numbers are too much

If it were up to me, I’d drop gold pretty much entirely for the Ravens. Purple & black is a fine color scheme on it’s own, and the gold kind of detracts from the whole Gothic/dark theme to me, for whatever reason. If they needed to have another secondary color, I think red would be more interesting.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 3

30 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

If it were up to me, I’d drop gold pretty much entirely for the Ravens. Purple & black is a fine color scheme on it’s own, and the gold kind of detracts from the whole Gothic/dark theme to me, for whatever reason. If they needed to have another secondary color, I think red would be more interesting.

I absolutley loathe everytime red is mentioned as a tertiary color for the Ravens. I have not found a sigle example in sports where red and purple (and black!) work well together. 

Most people's counter arguments are: "It's in the flag!" or "The Raven's eye is red!", and to that I say:

A) Gold is also in the Maryland flag, But Baltimore has just the right amount of flag imagery in their shield logo. They don't need any more than that.

B ) The Steelers have red and blue in thier logo, but you don't see them usign those on the jerseys. The Chiefs have black in thier logo, but they don't use it anywhere. Same goes for the Vikings. Not every logo color belongs on the uniforms.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, PERRIN said:

Here's a super quick sketch of what I'm envisioning
WAa160w.png

EHuM4lk.png

Here's a good example of applications of color theory. I've often thought of this arrangement in my head, so thanks for actually putting it into pixels. That said, the effect of the gold is what I wanna pull attention to: you see how it kinda blends into the white and causes sort of a "comic book" effect on the white pants? Well the exact opposite occurs on the purple pants: it just pops off, but not in the good kind of way. I think part of it deals with the large center white stripe...black and purple are very close on the spectrum: black and white are completely opposite. It may work better to put the gold in between the white and black stripes...it wouldn't be in the same color order as on the white pants, but let this serve as an example of why 1:1 stripe (or whatever other color trim) applications don't always work out for the best.

2 hours ago, derami said:

Okay, so y'all know how I said the Chargers' uniform sets might be the best in the league? I also might've lied...THOSE might be the best in the league. Orange/brown/orange/brown, orange/white/orange/white...if the Browns kept it to those combos, it absolutely WOULD be the best in the league, no question. (And then LA might be right behind it at #2...if they would just 86 the navy alternates. Totally unnecessary.)

2 hours ago, MJD7 said:

I've often thought of this, especially in light of what TCU has been doing, but then I mocked it up several times on my computer and...yeah, the gold works way better, as sort of a "highlight" to the "dark goth" look of black and purple.

1 hour ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

I absolutley loathe everytime red is mentioned as a tertiary color for the Ravens. I have not found a sigle example in sports where red and purple (and black!) work well together. 

Most people's counter arguments are: "It's in the flag!" or "The Raven's eye is red!", and to that I say:

A) Gold is also in the Maryland flag, But Baltimore has just the right amount of flag imagery in their shield logo. They don't need any more than that.

B ) The Steelers have red and blue in thier logo, but you don't see them usign those on the jerseys. The Chiefs have black in thier logo, but they don't use it anywhere. Same goes for the Vikings. Not every logo color belongs on the uniforms.

Well, here's my counterargument...

72519871.jpg

885c39ed98045c90e6645a39f43777d4.jpg

vince_carter_dunk.jpg

vince-carter-noren-trotman.jpg

I always thought those were one of the best NBA sets of its time; they'd also look right at home in the landscape of today's NBA. (Doggone it Toronto...why'd you have to ditch those???)

Also, if we wanna keep it football, I doubt most of you remember or ever knew of the Florida Firecats of the long-since-defunct AF2, but purple/red was their colorway as well...

427_florida-firecats-primary-2001.gif

Photos of their first year or two on the felt are hard to come by, but the more recent ones are out there. Google them at your own risk...and beware of a little Milwaukee Breweresque flashback shock if you do...

• Like 5

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

2 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

To be clear, I’d much prefer the Ravens stick strictly to purple & black over having any secondary colors. I just mentioned red to say that I’d prefer it over gold.

31 minutes ago, tBBP said:

I've often thought of this, especially in light of what TCU has been doing, but then I mocked it up several times on my computer and...yeah, the gold works way better, as sort of a "highlight" to the "dark goth" look of black and purple.

I’ll admit, it is a difficult color scheme to work with. If I did incorporate red more, & that’s a huge if, it would be minimal, as much as gold is used in the current set or possibly even less so. 

I was going to bring up the Raptors, as you did, since I felt they did the color scheme justice and should return to it promptly.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, GoHawks said:

Am I the only one who likes color vs color matchups? I enjoyed it when the cowboys and broncos both wore their color jerseys in preseason and I liked Chicago's alternate orange jersey until they mixed in the orange helmet and socks.

Apparently the Giants plan to wear blue in Dallas for Thanksgiving.  The Cowboys will be wearing their throwbacks, which are also blue.  Methinks this should be rethought if it hasn't been already.

• Like 5

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

3 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

Sacramento Monarchs!

53740841.jpg

55784682.jpg

I swear u keep forgetting Gina Lawson was on that team. 

She, Yolanda Griffith and Tich Penicheiro...man they had the squad back then. Good times in Sacramento basketball history. 

And yes, that was also a good use of red with purple...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||