2022 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVII

canzman

10 minutes ago, gothedistance said:

Will we be seeing this?

NFL: SEP 24 Giants at Eagles

I guarantee you don't see that...

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 hours ago, GoGreenGoWhite said:

Man there's something about the lighting in the Vikings stadium that is just off. Even during these day games the colors just don't look right.

So it wasn't just me then...the lighting seemed a bit dim in the 3rd quarter.

• Like 2

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

A couple things-

• Jacksonville desperately need to comprehend wearing contrasting socks

• Buffalo-Miami, while not the greatest uniform choices, felt like a good mix of colors

• Playing devil’s advocate, but Justin Jefferson wearing black socks to break up the all purple look for Minnesota actually works well, IMO

• The Nemo pants and orange socks for Cincinnati only work with the orange jersey. Completely out of place with the black jersey

• Good grief Baltimore, drop the black pants already.

• Like 4
  • Meh 1

Maybe this is an unpopular opinion but I actually quite like this Bengals’ uniform set up with the orange socks. When they go orange/black/white with black socks, it misses that “pop”, for lack of a better word, that the orange socks provide. The orange/black/black uniform is great in it’s own right, but I do quite like how the white pants seem to match with the white font on the black uniform, whereas the o/b/b kind of relies on players wearing white shoes/undershirts/other accent pieces to balance the look. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

• Playing devil’s advocate, but Justin Jefferson wearing black socks to break up the all purple look for Minnesota actually works well, IMO

Pink socks would break it up, also.

Also, they too would suck.

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Facepalm 1

It's where I sit.

Justin Jefferson wore what the whole team should be wearing when they go mono-Purple.  

The Black socks/cleats/accessories compliments the face guard and little bit of Black in the logo and is just a solid look.  

Vikings unis are strong when they wear them right.  

• Like 2
  • Huh? 2
  • Dislike 1
  • Hate 1

As someone who normally dislikes division matchups in the playoffs, I am glad we get Giants at Eagles next weekend since Philly will presumably have no choice but to wear green, which they rarely do against the Giants.

We also had three such matchups this weekend and each gave us a new uniform matchup than what the teams wore in the regular season.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Pink socks would break it up, also.

Also, they too would suck.

Missing the point, but whatever floats your boat.

What @Volt said-

14 minutes ago, Volt said:

Justin Jefferson wore what the whole team should be wearing when they go mono-Purple.  

The Black socks/cleats/accessories compliments the face guard and little bit of Black in the logo and is just a solid look.  

Vikings unis are strong when they wear them right.  

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, DCarp1231 said:

Missing the point, but whatever floats your boat.

What @Volt said-

No. I didn't miss your point. I disagree with it. You say that the black socks break up the monochrome (and state that it works well, in the post I originally quoted). I contend that neither black nor pink socks makes this any better.

We won't agree on this, nor do we have to. If they REALLY wanted to break it up, they could just wear the white pants and look better in total. In that case, the sock color matters less.

• Like 4

It's where I sit.

1 hour ago, Old School Fool said:

Out of place? No, It's exactly the way it should be.

https-3A-2F-2Fstripehype-com-2Fwp-conten

I meant it as in, the pants need more black in the stripe. The decision to have two different white pants is pointless when they could’ve just merged the two together and called it a day.

• Like 10

20 hours ago, FiddySicks said:

This is somehow an “unpopular opinion”, but the Chargers yellow pants are awful and should die in a fire. They look really off with the white jerseys, and the home set with the yellow pants is the worst look in the entire league. It’s probably my least favorite NFL uniform of all time. I’ll never understand why people like that. White helmet, powder jersey, and yellow pants is an absolutely dreadful look. It was terrible when the Chargers first used it years ago, and it still looks awful today. 

The entire chargers look really messes with my head. Like many others, I clamored for it for YEARS, and was very excited when they first brought it back. But there’s something about it that just doesn’t work. The shade of powder blue just feels off, and paired with a pretty washed out shade of yellow/gold the whole thing just looks drab, washed out, and stale. I can’t say for sure because I’ve never checked the pantones, but I feel like they changed the shades of powder blue and gold just enough that it just threw the entire thing out of whack. Like, I REALLY want to like the Chargers current look, but I just don’t. It’s boring and IMO, kind of hard to make out any of the detail on TV. It feels like the ultimate case of be careful what you wish for, I guess. I never thought I’d say this, but them using navy as an accent really helped, and I kind of wish it would return. 

Calling it the worst uniform of all is hyperbole, but I definitely agree that the yellow pants aren't great. Similar to the Colts, the Chargers are one of the rare teams that should be wearing white pants for every game. When you add in the fact that they happen to share a building with a team who's classic look is blue/white jerseys paired with yellow pants, it makes the Chargers yellow pants even more unnecessary.

17 hours ago, Cujo said:

Bills-Fins looked 1000x better in the '90 postseason

football-nfl-playoffs-miami-dolphins-mar

I do miss these Bills uniforms.

I hate when Miami wears Aqua pants, period.  As someone else said, pants should never be darker than the helmet, it just looks bottom-heavy.  

• Like 2
  • Meh 1
  • Huh? 2