2022 NFL regular season through Super Bowl LVII

Trying out three QB's makes no sense for two reasons: 

1. The Cowboys have no plans on putting Dak Prescott on IR.  The plan is to put him as an inactive on gameday for a few more weeks as they hope to get him back for Game 5 against the Rams.
  2. They have Cooper Rush on the active roster and Will Grier on the Practice Squad.  They called Grier up to backup Rush against the Bengals.  He can be active two more times without having been signed to the actual 53 man roster.  

8 hours ago, GDAWG said:

Trying out three QB's makes no sense for two reasons: 

1. The Cowboys have no plans on putting Dak Prescott on IR.  The plan is to put him as an inactive on gameday for a few more weeks as they hope to get him back for Game 5 against the Rams.
  2. They have Cooper Rush on the active roster and Will Grier on the Practice Squad.  They called Grier up to backup Rush against the Bengals.  He can be active two more times without having been signed to the actual 53 man roster.  

Working them out doesn’t mean they signed them. And what do you do in 2 weeks when Dak isn’t back and need backup qb?

Reid Sinnett is possibly the worst QB that's ever been on any team's roster.  I really hope they sign him!

EDIT: and he should just go for it and change his last name to Stinnett, because that's what everyone calls him and it's never going to change.  Just sounds so much more natural than "Sinnett."

EDIT2: Isn't Josh McCown coaching high school somewhere in Texas?  Surely they could get him to go to Arlington a couple of times a week.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

EDIT2: Isn't Josh McCown coaching high school somewhere in Texas?  Surely they could get him to go to Arlington a couple of times a week.

Josh Rosen is still on a practice squad too, but McCown apparently has a better arm than him now. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

5 hours ago, dont care said:

Working them out doesn’t mean they signed them. And what do you do in 2 weeks when Dak isn’t back and need backup qb?

Jerry (and Stephen too) will say that they are still going with the plan to have Cooper Rush starting and Will Grier up from the practice squad.  Per NFL rules, Grier can be called up 2 more times before the Cowboys have to decide whether or not to sign him to the 53 man roster, so they probably won't do anything until then.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GDAWG said:

Jerry (and Stephen too) will say that they are still going with the plan to have Cooper Rush starting and Will Grier up from the practice squad.  Per NFL rules, Grier can be called up 2 more times before the Cowboys have to decide whether or not to sign him to the 53 man roster, so they probably won't do anything until then.  

As I said what do they do after this 2 weeks when they need a backup yet don’t want to sign one to the active roster

1 hour ago, dont care said:

As I said what do they do after this 2 weeks when they need a backup yet don’t want to sign one to the active roster

They make a desicion (like most GMs do). Either sign the 3-string to the 53-man roster to be a backup, or just have one QB on the roster. 

8 hours ago, DoctorWhom said:

Brissett deserves more respect. He's probably one of the best backup QB's no one talks about. 

Who talks about backup QBs at all until they have to play (and at that point, are they still backups)?  Nick Foles was the talk of the sports world a few years ago, but nobody's going to be posting daily Gardner Minshew updates.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Who talks about backup QBs at all until they have to play (and at that point, are they still backups)?  Nick Foles was the talk of the sports world a few years ago, but nobody's going to be posting daily Gardner Minshew updates.

Didn't we all see that when Minshew was with Jacksonville? I just wish they'd stop tip toeing around the topic of why Watson isn't out there. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 minute ago, MJWalker45 said:

Didn't we all see that when Minshew was with Jacksonville? I just wish they'd stop tip toeing around the topic of why Watson isn't out there. 

I don't know much about when Minshew was in Jacksonville, but the Watson stuff still makes it impossible for me to root for the Browns, even though I love their uniforms* (especially with the orange pants), love the elf at midfield, and just generally want their fans to experience the fun of good football for once.  But then they had to ruin it all by bringing in Watson, and while I understand that it's not easy for a fan to simply abandon their team (though I witnessed a lot of that first hand), I can't get on board with any situation that results in 60k people cheering a guy like him.

*brown facemask still sucks.

• Like 10

spacer.png

1 PM EST/12 PM CST CBS Games

Red: Kansas City at Indianapolis 

Blue: Cincinnati at New York Jets

Green: Buffalo at Miami

Orange: Houston at Chicago

4 PM EST/3 PM EST CBS Games

Yellow: Jacksonville at Los Angeles Chargers

spacer.png

1 PM EST/12 PM CST FOX Games

Red: Baltimore at New England

Blue: Philadelphia at Washington

Green: Las Vegas at Tennessee 

Yellow: Detroit at Minnesota

Orange: New Orleans at Carolina

spacer.png

4 PM EST FOX Games/3 PM EST FOX Games

Red: Green Bay at Tampa Bay

Blue: Los Angeles Rams at Arizona

Green: Atlanta at Seattle

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Red Comet said:

spacer.png

1 PM EST/12 PM CST CBS Games

Red: Kansas City at Indianapolis 

Blue: Cincinnati at New York Jets

Green: Buffalo at Miami

Orange: Houston at Chicago

4 PM EST/3 PM EST CBS Games

Yellow: Jacksonville at Los Angeles Chargers

spacer.png

1 PM EST/12 PM CST FOX Games

Red: Baltimore at New England

Blue: Philadelphia at Washington

Green: Las Vegas at Tennessee 

Yellow: Detroit at Minnesota

Orange: New Orleans at Carolina

spacer.png

4 PM EST FOX Games/3 PM EST FOX Games

Red: Green Bay at Tampa Bay

Blue: Los Angeles Rams at Arizona

Green: Atlanta at Seattle

In NY media market:

Bengals vs Jets of course 

Eagles vs Commanders

Packers vs Buccaneers

On 9/23/2022 at 7:56 AM, Sport said:

The Steelers constantly drafting stud wideouts in the second round is really annoying. 

I know, right?  Save some for the Texans 😅

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Eagles have more than twice the number of sacks on Carson Wentz as he has completions.  5-2 sack to completion ratio so far.

51 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Eagles have more than twice the number of sacks on Carson Wentz as he has completions.  5-2 sack to completion ratio so far.

At halftime: Eagles 6 sacks, Wentz 3 completions.

Wentz isn't literally the worst QB in the league, but he really looks like it today.  Holding it too long, fumbling it, throwing long/short/high/low/wide/etc. 

The 32s seem to have a decent defense, and if Wentz was even average today, it'd be a much tighter game since other than a few fantastic drives, the Eagles are scoring more by default since their offense is always on the field.

EDIT:

• LOL 1