2022 NFL regular season through Super Bowl LVII

What's so scary is how it wasn't like some horrible hit or injury like you would expect. 

At this point I think they're going to wait for an update that hopefully he is ok. No way they can continue not knowing his condition. 

Whether the game continues or not, I the important thing is that he's ok. 

🙏

• Like 2

I think it's impossible to continue playing. They should all try again tomorrow and ESPN should put up some bowling or something with a live crawl.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Just now, Dilbert said:

Im not sure how this game would continue tonight, nor how it could be rescheduled.

The league is as scummy as scummy gets, but I have to believe that even they would understand the severity of what's going on and the mental state of everyone involved and would suspend the game and just "figure it out".  No network or team is going to put up a stink about it, or they'd look like complete monsters.

I didn't see it live but flipped over after the ambulance carried him out.  Now just sitting here hoping that they break in and announce that his vitals are stable and he's going to make it.  If this game continues it's the worst decision since Owen Hart died in the ring.

• Like 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 minute ago, BBTV said:

The league is as scummy as scummy gets, but I have to believe that even they would understand the severity of what's going on and the mental state of everyone involved and would suspend the game and just "figure it out".  No network or team is going to put up a stink about it, or they'd look like complete monsters.

I didn't see it live but flipped over after the ambulance carried him out.  Now just sitting here hoping that they break in and announce that his vitals are stable and he's going to make it.  If this game continues it's the worst decision since Owen Hart died in the ring.

Yeah, about that understanding the severity bit...

• Like 1
  • WOAH 1
  • Hurl 1

Cannot imagine what this is like for his family - getting updates and hearing potentially crushing news from social media and TV rather than first hand from a medical professional.  This must be absolute torture for them.  I hope there's some way that they're able to be more connected first hand to the team that's treating him.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

10 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

This is bad, fellas.

The longer it takes before getting an update, the scarier it becomes.

3 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Approaching 1 hour on this delay. At this point, pretty sure this one gets postponed regardless. Which I agree with. Players can't go back out there after this kinda trauma.

I agree.

• Like 2

I don't think it's safe for the players to come back out in the cold after not moving for an hour. At that point, you're just asking for more injuries.

They need to reschedule for Tuesday or Wednesday and move Pats/Bills and Bengals/Ravens to next Monday.

• Like 5

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 minute ago, Ridleylash said:

Yeah, about that understanding the severity bit...

WTF - five minutes?  Someone seriously said that they'd resume in five minutes?

There was a scary moment in yesterday's Saints/Eagles game where an Eagles DL was carted off without movement in his extremities and they just picked up the game.  Turns out he was alright and doing the thumbs-up thing, but even that seemed a little rough.  This is on a different and unprecedented level.

Over the past couple of years, sports (well, everyone in life) has gained tremendous experience in just making things up on the fly.  There's some way they can finish this game another time.  I don't know what that someway is, but it exists and maybe they should just call this one off, wait for an update, and then get to work figuring that out.

• Like 5

According to some reports on Twitter, (take these with a generous helping of salt) the ambulance was stopped in the parking lot outside the stadium so Hamlin's Mom could get there to ride to the hospital with him. If true, and the accompanying video suggests it could be, that could mean they had revived and stabilized him or it could mean the worst.

• Like 2

BB52Big.jpg

4 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I don't think it's safe for the players to come back out in the cold after not moving for an hour. At that point, you're just asking for more injuries.

They need to reschedule for Tuesday or Wednesday and move Pats/Bills and Bengals/Ravens to next Monday.

I realized the NCAA CG is next Monday, so the rescheduling becomes incredibly challenging.

It's the NFL. They're the juggernaut and they can move anything else on TV. Maybe everyone gets a week off. I don't know.

I just hope they're prioritizing how the hell everyone is supposed to be able to continue playing in the worst case scenario rather than force a terrible scenario of a football game tonight.

1 minute ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I realized the NCAA CG is next Monday, so the rescheduling becomes incredibly challenging.

They have to set all that bull-:censored: aside and do what's right and whatever works. If that means playing on the same day as the NCG then that's what happens. Play the game Wednesday and move both team's last game to next Monday if that's what it takes.

• Like 4

BB52Big.jpg

Yikes. This is absolutely terrible. It’s been a very long time without any updates, which is scary. 
My mother always says that the human body was not made for football.

Side note: do they call this game at 7-3, or will the two teams finish playing at a later point? If it is the latter, do they restart from 0-0 or 7-3?

1 minute ago, infrared41 said:

They have to set all that bull-:censored: aside and do what's right and whatever works. If that means playing on the same day as the NCG then that's what happens. Play the game Wednesday and move both team's last game to next Monday if that's what it takes.

Maybe Tuesday? Didn't the league move a game to Tuesday during the covid year due to a team outbreak?

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Just now, infrared41 said:

Like I said earlier, during the two Covid seasons, they proved that it's possible to just "figure it out" and that nothing is too rigid to be changed.  They'll figure this one out, even if it means unprecedented mid-week games, possibly a neutral site, and maybe possibly a funky playoff schedule to accommodate these teams.

Or, since they're the NFL, they'll botch it and forever lose the trust of anyone who ever gave them the benefit of the doubt.

• Like 3

Just curious - what happens if they simply end the game right here and keep the final score as is?  Forgive me but I don't know all the playoff implications.

And... can they even do that?