2022 NFL regular season through Super Bowl LVII

7 minutes ago, DoctorWhom said:

Giants with perhaps the least surprising playoff upset ever. 

I don't think it was an upset. The only reason the Vikings were favored was because they were at home. And even then, weren't they only favored by 2.5? The sharps didn't respect them enough to even give them the obligatory FG at home against a team that isn't exactly known for being a juggernaut on offense.

• Like 3

BB52Big.jpg

2 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Believe it or not, Jalen's health isn't the Eagles biggest concern.  RT Lane Johnson is going to try and play with a tear somewhere in his abdomen that requires surgery.  He hasn't given up a sack in more than 2 seasons and the offense fell off considerably once he went down (albeit it coincided with Hurts' injury).

The Eagles O-line is what makes everything go.  There's two possible HOFers on it (one for sure, one maybe) and other great young players.  Lane Johnson is the only one without a competent backup, so he has to try and gut it out.

Of course the same thing happened in 2017 when Jason Peters was lost for the season, and his previously-terrible backup stepped it up, so we'll see.

I don't know if I agree. I think it totally depends on Jalen. You can cover up/shield a back-up OT, or an injured one in Lane, by sliding the protection to help or with TE's/RB's chipping constantly, but there isn't a whole lot you can do if your QB is struggling to throw. I watched that Eagles-Giants game, and Jalen didn't look good. He looked like a QB playing through a bad injury. He simultaneously had his worst passing performance AND his worst rushing performance of the season. I believe he's more hurt than the Eagles are letting on publicly (and NFL insiders have been saying this since he initially got hurt).

If he can throw like he did pre-injury, I don't think this game is really close and the Eagles win comfortably, though not in a blow out. If he's still in a ton of pain throwing, these Giants won't fear the Eagles at all and are a threat to steal one. Something like 17-16. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

43 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

This is really impressive from the Giants. 

It defintiely is. It also shouldn't shock anyone who's watched the team play this season. No one talked about the Giants all season long, which I think took some pressure off them—but that's a GOOD squad and they have been all season. It completely wouldn't surprise me at all to see them blaze a trail straight to the conference title game—which yes would take them straight through Philly. If this season has shown anything, it's that no team is invulnerable (that includes you, Kansas City). It may also be about time to give Daniel Jones some well-deserved props....dude's been playing like budget Mark Brunell (the Jacksonville version) for a good while now. 

28 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

The Kirk Cousins Experience is now boarding at Gate B.

6Yu.gif

Speaking of Danny Dimes, I know he wont do it, but wouldn't it be something if he mocked Kirk's YOU LIKE THAT...YOU LIKE THAT rant on the way to the locker room?? 😄

• Like 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

3 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

He simultaneously had his worst passing performance AND his worst rushing performance of the season. I believe he's more hurt than the Eagles are letting on publicly (and NFL insiders have been saying this since he initially got hurt).

It's likely true that he's hurt more than what anyone's said publicly.  It's also true that the gameplan was designed for him to do the absolute bare minimum, and it was a very vanilla, preseason-like offense.  It's certainly possible that he's just too limited, and in that case, the Giants have a great chance.

But I'll disagree about the OL.  Having to give a guy help literally changes the offense, since it's based on creating mismatches but now you have to use a TE or RB to help the RT, whereas Lane just did his thing by himself and freed up those resources to do better things.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Eagles are opening as a 8.5 point favorite on FanDuel.  Waaaaaaay too high.  If I bet, I'd take the Giants all day with that spread.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

11 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

I don't think it was an upset. The only reason the Vikings were favored was because they were at home. And even then, weren't they only favored by 2.5? The sharps didn't respect them enough to even give them the obligatory FG at home against a team that isn't exactly known for being a juggernaut on offense.

That's why I called it the "least surprising upset". 

Not even Vikings fans are shocked they lost that game. They were there very definition of a fraud team.

1 minute ago, DoctorWhom said:

That's why I called it the "least surprising upset".

Yes you did. And I said I didn't think it was an upset at all. Not even a "least surprising upset" and therein lies the difference between your post and mine.

• Like 3

BB52Big.jpg

6 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

I get taking a jab at your opponent, but "NY's Favorite Team?" Is there some context that I'm missing, cuz I don't understand where that would come from.

Also: the Vikings didn't win a close game? Wow, I'm shocked. I really believed this was the year they made the long-awaited postseason run with their Elite (shoutout to Flacco) QB, Kirk "Icy" Cousins. Who knew they were frauds? /s

2 minutes ago, BBTV said:

It's likely true that he's hurt more than what anyone's said publicly.  It's also true that the gameplan was designed for him to do the absolute bare minimum, and it was a very vanilla, preseason-like offense.  It's certainly possible that he's just too limited, and in that case, the Giants have a great chance.

The offense was definitely vanilla, which I believe, like you do, was designed to have him do almost nothing, but I was looking more at how he was throwing. The usual zip and power he displayed throughout the year (and his career) was lacking. He just looked like every time he threw it was painful for him. 

But I'll disagree about the OL.  Having to give a guy help literally changes the offense, since it's based on creating mismatches but now you have to use a TE or RB to help the RT, whereas Lane just did his thing by himself and freed up those resources to do better things.

That's a good point. I still think that if Jalen was 100%, the Eagles are talented enough to overcome that, but you're right in that it'll change their offense since they'll probably not be able to leave Lane on an island. Really not ideal to have these injuries occurring simultaneously and at this point in the season. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

30 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Miami damn near pulling off the upset with Skylar Thompson under center makes me think Buffalo really isn’t the team to beat in the AFC.

That was more about the Bills thinking they'd win by 20 by just taking the field than anything else. I'd still take Buffalo over either Cincinnati or KC.

• Like 1

BB52Big.jpg

While I'm still approaching the game tomorrow night with apprehensive trepidation; I think going to San Francisco is going to be slightly easier, because there is the possibility of the NFC Championship game being Dallas and New York. I doubt it, since I don't really see Dallas beating the Niners; but still.

Philadelphia would've been absolute hell. (Not saying San Francisco is going to be a walk in the park if they get there, both are still hellish places regardless.)

It's a perfect opportunity to finally (possibly) rid the league of Brady once and for all. [Hopefully.]

• Like 2

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Today is the first time I'm seeing Zac Collinsworth on my TV.

I think there was a reason you never saw Kenny and Marv Albert working games together.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

25 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Today is the first time I'm seeing Zac Collinsworth on my TV.

He's been doing SNF for a good two years now.

He doesn't bother me. Nor does his father. But of course we know how he got the gig.

6uXNWAo.png