2022 NFL regular season through Super Bowl LVII

24 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Today is the first time I'm seeing Zac Collinsworth on my TV.

One thing about him is that other than his Dad working for NBC, nepotism had nothing to do with him getting the gig. Take it from someone who worked in the industry, everyone graduates from college and immediately gets a job covering Notre Dame football and the Olympics for NBC. He did slum it at ESPN for a few years on NFL Sunday Countdown and NFL Live before returning to NBC to work on SNF. It's a very common career trajectory in broadcasting. 🙃

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

BB52Big.jpg

Divisional game; it should be somewhat expected.

I know it's always talked about with Tomlin-led teams, but don't ever count out a Harbaugh-led one either. They've been AFC staples for over a decade (and it's annoying).

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Is there a reason why the Bengals aren't blowing Baltimore out of the water tonight?

Mike & Cris likened it to playing one of the service academies in college football in that their offense is hard to prepare for. As a Cincinnati fan whose team struggled against Navy every year, that's exactly what this feels like.

1. I hope this dispels the notion (along with Geno Smith, Brock Purdy and others this season) that the moment a starting QB goes down, the team's season is over. 

2. Tyler Huntley was so fun to watch in college. Even as a Bengals fan, I'm glad he's doing well.

17 minutes ago, floydnimrod said:

I hope this dispels the notion (along with Geno Smith, Brock Purdy and others this season) that the moment a starting QB goes down, the team's season is over. 

5a78628124d5056d1b8b4c2c?width=700

• Like 5

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Ravens really lost their heads at the end there and still almost had a chance to tie.

Could have been a wild finish! Instead it was just weird.

Bills/Bengals is the right match for the second round, and as a fan, I'm feeling optimistic.

Three great games today!

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Way too early thoughts on next week.

AFC

The Bills are going to make quick work of the Bengals next week. They won't be sleeping on the Bengals like they were on the Dolphins. In fact, the close game today may be the best thing to happen to the Bills in the playoffs.

Going into the AFC title game last year, I said that Cincinnati is one of those weird match ups for the Chiefs and I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see them win the game. This year, I'm saying the same thing about the Jaguars playing the Chiefs. The Jags are the kind of team that can give KC fits. I'm not dumb enough to straight up predict a Jags win, but it wouldn't surprise me even a little if they do.

A Jags - Bills title game isn't the stretch we think it is. I really like the Jags chances.

NFC

The Giants are playing on house money. Their season has wildly exceeded expectations already. They have nothing to lose, we don't know how healthy Hurts is going to be, and the Eagles faded a little in the last month of the season. I think the Giants give Philly all they can handle.

Dallas and Tampa are playing for the right to get their asses handed to them by the Niners.

• Like 3

BB52Big.jpg

4 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

Way too early thoughts on next week.

AFC

The Bills are going to make quick work of the Bengals next week. They won't be sleeping on the Bengals like they were on the Dolphins. In fact, the close game today may be the best thing to happen to the Bills in the playoffs.

Going into the AFC title game last year, I said that Cincinnati is one of those weird match ups for the Chiefs and I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see them win the game. This year, I'm saying the same thing about the Jaguars playing the Chiefs. The Jags are the kind of team that can give KC fits. I'm not dumb enough to straight up predict a Jags win, but it wouldn't surprise me even a little if they do.

A Jags - Bills title game isn't the stretch we think it is. I really like the Jags chances.

NFC

The Giants are playing on house money. Their season has wildly exceeded expectations already. They have nothing to lose, we don't know how healthy Hurts is going to be, and the Eagles faded a little in the last month of the season. I think the Giants give Philly all they can handle.

Dallas and Tampa are playing for the right to get their asses handed to them by the Niners.

I am picking the Bucs against Dallas because I have learned to never pick against Tom Brady ever again.  

TV Times have been announced for the Divisional Round.

Saturday

Jacksonville at Kansas City (4:30 PM EST - NBC)

New York at Philadelphia (8:15 PM EST - FOX)

Sunday

Cincinnati at Buffalo (3:00 PM EST - CBS)

Dallas OR Tampa Bay at San Francisco (6:30 PM EST - FOX)

I had the feeling that Hubbard fumble TD was going to be the decider. With both defenses were playing, I think if the Ravens got it in, they would have won this game. 

Glad we'll finally get that Bengals - Bills  game we Unforenetly didn't get 2 weeks ago.   

Overall pretty surprised by the games this week. People expected a lot of blowouts, and Seahawks - 49ers was really the only one (but even that was close at least in the 1st half) 

Jaguars with the all-time comeback to the Chargers all-time Chargering

Even With Skylar Thompson Dolphins still gave the Bills a run for their money. 

Giants - Vikings was also a back & forth game, 

And Ravens - Bengals came right down to the end as well. 

If Dolphins & Ravens weren't playing their backup QBs, I honestly they they would have won their games. 

Cowboys - Bucs is a true Wildcard. If the Cowboys come out flat(which they have in quite a few against against inferior teams), Buc have a great of pulling out a win. But if they actually coming out strong, they could end up burying the Bucs and dropping like 40 on them. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

If the Bucs win tomorrow night, I'm going to spend the next week holding my head on the idea that it was against the Bucs where The Legend of Brock Purdy was born, and that it would only be appropriate for the Bucs to be the ones to bring that story to a close.

spacer.png

Considering I've always had a hatred for the Chiefs (even before Mahomes), I'd love to see the Jaguars pull off another upset and beat them. 

But my gut tells me  it will be another boring Chiefs blowout  win. 

Out of the teams left; Chiefs, Eagles & Giants are the only teams I don't want to see win the Super Bowl. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Kramerica Industries said:

If the Bucs win tomorrow night, I'm going to spend the next week holding my head on the idea that it was against the Bucs where The Legend of Brock Purdy was born, and that it would only be appropriate for the Bucs to be the ones to bring that story to a close.

It's entirely possible that the Brock Purdy story is just getting started. He wouldn't be the first QB to come out of nowhere and put together a successful NFL career. In fact, I think your Bucs have a guy at QB who wasn't considered to be much of anything when he got drafted in the 6th round. Things ending up working out pretty well for him. He managed to become the second best QB of all time.

And no, I'm not saying Purdy is the next Montana or Brady. (but you never know) All I'm saying is the kid might go on to a successful NFL career. I miss the days when everyone would root for a story like Purdy's. These days, people just fixate on waiting for the other shoe to drop. My way is more fun.

Anyway, a playoff loss isn't necessarily the end of the Brock Purdy story. I think it's safe to say that if nothing else, he's earned himself a roster spot with the Niners for another season.

• Like 4

BB52Big.jpg