MLB 2023 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

I'm not even from Pittsburgh and I knew about the significance of PGH.

The City Connects look fine, but that patch is rather lame (their logo in a black circle...?). They could've came up with something new with an element tied to the city area, even if they already did that subliminally in the rest of the uniform.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, LMU said:

Now taking the field… the FIGHTIN’ FLORENCE PuGHS!

Their rotation is kinda flat up front but surprisingly sturdy on the back end

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • LOL 3
  • Dislike 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Man, Nike just keeps mailing it in. PGH in huge letters, wow, you really put thought into that design. How about the hat/jersey sublimation? Looks like some knockoff Louis Vuitton or some hat of the month from lids 🔥 collection. From afar, I like the colors, but this is just a generic throw/fauxback like the Atlanta “the A” uniforms. Don’t even get me going on the font. I guess it’s better than being modeled our yellow/blue license plates and at least in team colors.

• Like 5
KISSwall09.jpg

10 hours ago, Shumway said:

Not a fan of the "PGH" abbreviation, but these are actually pretty solid.

me either, if this is the best nike can come up with, just have a chris creamer concept contest winner 

• Like 3

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

Overall, I like it. I could do with or without the pattern, and I actively do not like the "PGH," or the name on the belt loops, which is one of the goofiest ideas I've seen that thankfully isn't very noticeable. But beyond that, I like that the Pirates have a gold jersey again, and the lack of white throughout works in its favor. This is definitely the best use of black pants out of all of the teams so far.

Also, I'm not sure if anybody noticed, but the patch is almost definitely Photoshopped on when you look closer. It must've not been ready in time for the photoshoot.

1 hour ago, DCarp1231 said:

It’s only the sleeve cuffs. It’s not a big deal. Love the alteration.

It could be a big deal to someone who bought what they thought was an on-field jersey or replica, and all of a sudden it’s not. It’s certainly not unprecedented (2000 Rams jumps out at me) but I could see why some may find it annoying. 

• Like 4

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

8 hours ago, BBTV said:

It could be a big deal to someone who bought what they thought was an on-field jersey or replica, and all of a sudden it’s not. It’s certainly not unprecedented (2000 Rams jumps out at me) but I could see why some may find it annoying. 

Can a collector verify if it would be more rare/valuable?  While I have you jersey guys attention…if you buy an authentic and the team has a rotating patch cause of an ad, does the sleeve patch come standard or on the sleeve of the player you bought the jersey for? 

KISSwall09.jpg

3 hours ago, McCall said:

Cardinals were the home team for both games. Plus for the second game, the Cubs wore gray.

Chicago wanted to showcase both of their uniforms to the fans who never get to see them in person. Wasn't a big deal b/c St Louis was in off-white.

It's hard to recognise trends during an era, and exactly when and how they start, but if the Simplification of Brands is one, then the Twins rebrand has to be near the top in terms of that trend style. It's so clean and feels like it is going to have a long shelf life.

There are some things that I would change (bringing back the red button on the home cap, adding a red billed alternate cap, making the cream and navy Twin Cities alt just cream and navy), but all in all, it's a really great set.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

I thought the whole point of it being two games was because each is sacrificing one home game.  Why would you do it with one team home both?

I coulda sworn the Yankees and Red Sox switched, but I may be misremembering.

Yankees wore pinstripes for both, Sox went white game one, red with white pabnts game 2. Sox were the home team for both. Initially it was home-and-home but the Yankees have a weird clause in their lease that forbids them playing home games outside of NYC. 

Anubis.png

35 minutes ago, VampyrRabbit said:

It's hard to recognise trends during an era, and exactly when and how they start, but if the Simplification of Brands is one, then the Twins rebrand has to be near the top in terms of that trend style. It's so clean and feels like it is going to have a long shelf life.

There are some things that I would change (bringing back the red button on the home cap, adding a red billed alternate cap, making the cream and navy Twin Cities alt just cream and navy), but all in all, it's a really great set.

I would say the final Cleveland Indians look before the change to Guardians (Which added life back to their look) would be at the bottom for me in terms of simplifications of brand for MLB.

• Like 2