2022-23 NHL Season

BrySmalls

5 minutes ago, JerseyJimmy said:

wow guys, the heckin sunbelterino underdogs beat the big bad blue stat-- uh, blue blood! so freakin epic!!!

hey Panthers, I hope Toronto go full New Jack on your ass. how did both 1-seeds lose to Miami teams?

Uh, I don't think anyone gives af about the political angles of this, man. I think people just find Boston insufferable even if they agree with their politics. 

• Applause 8

I don't hate the Bruins as many do. Maaaaaan, that one stings. That's two historic chokejobs in the Bergeron era. Wow. You really get the highs and the lows with that team, huh.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Nobody except like three of you freaks is thinking about how they’re a sunbelt team. The team with the most wins ever choked in the first round -I’m sorry, but that’s notable. Let me remind you the last time a team had an historic season they were a sunbelt team and they didn’t win a single playoff game. Stop making this non-thing into a thing.

• Like 6
  • Applause 5

PvO6ZWJ.png

I really thought Boston was going to make a deep run this year; they looked the part. Hats of to Florida, just goes to show how unpredictable the Stanley Cup playoffs are. Honestly the most entertaining playoff in sports. 

It's cool to see Toronto in the 2nd round too. Between either Florida or Toronto, we'll have a team in the ECF that hasn't been there in a long, long time, which is always fun to see. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, the admiral said:

I don't hate the Bruins as many do. Maaaaaan, that one stings. That's two historic chokejobs in the Bergeron era. Wow. You really get the highs and the lows with that team, huh.

I wonder if the Bruins deserve to be more in the same tier with teams such as the Maple Leafs (this year not withstanding) and Wild and other poor playoff performers. They do have the one Cup in 2011 but it was their first since 1972 and they haven't done much playoff wise any other time.

• Like 1

IbjBaeE.png

7 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Meanwhile I'm here like 

Ray Liotta Lol GIF

Just now, monkeypower said:

I wonder if the Bruins deserve to be more in the same tier with teams such as the Maple Leafs (this year not withstanding) and Wild and other poor playoff performers. They do have the one Cup in 2011 but it was their first since 1972 and they haven't done much playoff wise any other time.

The Rangers have that one Cup from 1994, long enough ago that I was less than year old when they won it, and you still never hear the end of it, so they're absolutely in this equation as well, btw.

I wrote elsewhere the other night that when the Wild got eliminated that them being eliminated in 6 games is the perfect embodiment of that entire franchise. They define the concept of being aggressively average in the regular season already; they make the playoffs more often than not, but they also never win their division, so they're never one of the top teams. Then they go into the playoffs, win a couple of games to show that they aren't bad enough to get humiliated, but also never good enough to be in position to win their series, either. Every Minnesota Wild season unfolds the same way. It's honestly impressive and a perfect reflection of Minnesota sports.

• Like 6

spacer.png

10 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

Uh, I don't think anyone gives af about the political angles of this, man. I think people just find Boston insufferable even if they agree with their politics. 

This is kinda his schtick. There was a similar tantrum after Carolina beat the Islanders. It has run its course, but at least he is sticking with it. 

• Like 1

T1oYViW.png

1 minute ago, Glover said:

This is kinda his schtick. There was a similar tantrum after Carolina beat the Islanders. It has run its course, but at least he is sticking with it. 

I think @JerseyJimmy is wrong to make this political (not everything is ffs) but he is a pretty dedicated Isles fan so you can't blame him for being upset his team lost. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Sport said:

Let me remind you the last time a team had an historic season they were a sunbelt team and they didn’t win a single playoff game.

yeah man, I'm sure they spend every night crying about it into the two cups they won immediately after.

53Ocz8U.png

Just now, JerseyJimmy said:

yeah man, I'm sure they spend every night crying about it into the two cups they won immediately after.

Look man I'm a left leaning guy but that's got zero to do with it. I hate the Bruins and they got eliminated by a team I always assumed was a money laundering operation. It ain't that deep. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Kramerica Industries said:

I wrote elsewhere the other night that when the Wild got eliminated that them being eliminated in 6 games is the perfect embodiment of that entire franchise. They define the concept of being aggressively average in the regular season already; they make the playoffs more often than not, but they also never win their division, so they're never one of the top teams. Then they go into the playoffs, win a couple of games to show that they aren't bad enough to get humiliated, but also never good enough to be in position to win their series, either. Every Minnesota Wild season unfolds the same way. It's honestly impressive and a perfect reflection of Minnesota sports.

This is so true, at least of the post-lockout Wild. I still remember 2003 when they scored one goal in four games and got swept. Man, hockey sucked then. It sucks now, too, but it sucked worse then.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫