2022-23 NHL Season

BrySmalls

5 minutes ago, Cujo said:

We're comparing the Leafs getting past the first round to the 2016 Chicago Cubs?

Season 11 What GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

I don't see the issue; both are memetic loser franchises that were mocked for being unable to get over the hump for decades and owning the longest droughts in their respective leagues before finally doing so.

2 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

I don't see the issue; both are memetic loser franchises that were mocked for being unable to get over the hump for decades and owning the longest droughts in their respective leagues before finally doing so.

This is more like the Mariners finally reaching the playoffs

• Like 3

6uXNWAo.png

1 hour ago, chcarlson23 said:

And on TOP of that, the Wild basically didn’t play hockey since the end of game 4. They looked fairly distraught in game 5 and completely lifeless in game 6. For a team that’s supposed to be built on being tough, they really didn’t get going when things got tough for them. (But don’t get me wrong, Dallas played great pretty much every night and totally deserved to win that series.) 

I feel like the Wild are going to take an even bigger step back next year, considering the cap penalty increases for the next season. I guess it’ll be the wrong season for that, since they’ll be missing out on Bedard…

Last year was MIN's best shot to make a run. This year's team didn't have the firepower

Feels nice for Toronto fans to get the 20 ton King Kong sized gorilla off of their backs. The only way this gets better for them is if Florida does the unthinkable tomorrow night and beats Boston in Game 7.

Ending the drought AND avoiding Boston? Yeah, I think there are a few Leaf fans here that might end up like the end result of a sugar high if that happens.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

39 minutes ago, Seadragon76 said:

Feels nice for Toronto fans to get the 20 ton King Kong sized gorilla off of their backs. The only way this gets better for them is if Florida does the unthinkable tomorrow night and beats Boston in Game 7.

Ending the drought AND avoiding Boston? Yeah, I think there are a few Leaf fans here that might end up like the end result of a sugar high if that happens.

Ullmark hasn't been all that great in these playoffs. If Florida gets an early goal or two, Boston might implode.

Congrats to the Leafs.  Be pulling for them from here on out. Thought the Lightning played really well this series and got sloppy/lazy a few too many times (late in games 3 & 4 especially).  The Lightning saved me a lot of money on pizza this year by winning games the night before my daughter's birthday parties so all-in-all, it was a good season. 

• Like 1

IUe6Hvh.png