2022-23 NHL Season

BrySmalls

2 hours ago, maz said:

In fact, wasn't the first round in the 2020 bubble technically not considered playoffs?

That was always my understanding as well, but if it hadn't been for COVID, the Penguins were comfortably qualifying for the playoffs that year, so in this case I don't really think it would've been in the same spirit, saying their playoff streak was snapped because of some once-in-a-century nonsense.

spacer.png

I was hoping the Isles would lose so the Pens would have something to play for tonight against the Blue Jackets. Our last two games are against Pittsburgh and Buffalo and it'd be such a CBJ move to win both of them and drop from 32nd to out of the bottom 3. On the other hand, the worst people alive missing the playoffs for the first time since forever is very cool. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

On 4/13/2023 at 8:51 AM, Sport said:

On the other hand, the worst people alive missing the playoffs for the first time since forever is very cool. 

Remind me again where all of this outspoken vitriol against Pittsburgh came from? I just have never been able to understand it.

Edited by maz
Wanted to word it in a less confrontational way

oBIgzrL.png

Just now, maz said:

Remind me again where your personal vendetta against Pittsburgh came from? Seriously, who hurt you?

My personal vendetta comes from having met a large sample size of Penguins fans and witnessed boorish behavior inside of Nationwide Arena that I've not seen out of any of the other visiting fanbases.

If it makes you feel better the meaningless win last night elevated us out of the 32nd spot so the Penguins got one over on us. Again. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

13 hours ago, maz said:

Remind me again where all of this outspoken vitriol against Pittsburgh came from? I just have never been able to understand it.

Im sure @Sport would agree with me, but as someone from Cincinnati, most people in Ohio hate Pittsburgh when it comes to just about everything.

Signature intentionally left blank

Playoff picks?

Boston over Florida

Tampa Bay over Toronto

NY Rangers over New Jersey

NY Islanders over Carolina

Boston over Tampa Bay

NY Rangers over NY Islanders

Boston over NYR

Vegas over Winnipeg

Edmonton over Los Angeles

Dallas over Minnesota

Colorado over Seattle

Edmonton over Vegas

Dallas over Colorado

Edmonton over Dallas

SCF- Boston over Edmonton

sig.png

3 hours ago, Unocal said:

So instead of one last Penguin run or the up and coming Sabres, we get........... the offensively challenged Islanders.

as proven in the past, Playoff Islanders might as well be a completely different team. plus, Barzal's back, so we'll see how much of a difference that makes. definitely think they can give Carolina a run for their money.

53Ocz8U.png

Man, ESPN's hockey coverage is just awful - I'm desperate for a 'commentary free' broadcast option. Just gimme the sounds of the arena and ice!

Anyway, happy cup playoffs to us all. 

• Like 1

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

29, 30, 31, 36, 39, 44, 61, 62, 65, 66, 67, 96, 10

I don't know how many of y'all are watching this Tampa/Toronto [intrasquad scrimmage-looking] game, but Tampa is straight SERVING Toronto on their home ice right now...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Vegas fans filing out of the arena with down 3-1 with over 3 minutes left in a home playoff game. Contract this mistake of a franchise.

• Yawn 1

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

29, 30, 31, 36, 39, 44, 61, 62, 65, 66, 67, 96, 10