2022-23 NHL Season

BrySmalls

19 hours ago, Cujo said:

So this triggered a few hockey fans.

I wonder why a host of the most watched show of one of the NHL's TV networks openly burying the sport would "trigger" (🙄) its fans? 

• Like 1

NHL: wHy cAn'T wE gRoW tHe gAmE?

Also NHL: *allows ESPN to put two marquee games starring the best player in the league on a streaming service most people probably don't have*

• Like 2
On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

• 2 weeks later...

Watched my first hockey game in a couple weeks last night. When did Bally start doing the puck tracker and player labels on power plays? And why only on power plays? I was surprised by how much I didn't hate the puck tail, but the player labels that pop up the instant a player touches the puck were very annoying and unnecessary. I remember the FoxTrax and glow puck being too much 90's, but the little black tail on the puck wasn't bad. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

1 hour ago, Sport said:

Watched my first hockey game in a couple weeks last night. When did Bally start doing the puck tracker and player labels on power plays? And why only on power plays? I was surprised by how much I didn't hate the puck tail, but the player labels that pop up the instant a player touches the puck were very annoying and unnecessary. I remember the FoxTrax and glow puck being too much 90's, but the little black tail on the puck wasn't bad. 

Interesting.  I watch most of the Lightning games on Bally Sports Sun and I haven't seen a puck tracker.  Occasionally they'll add the player labels, but its very infrequent.  Maybe every Bally network can adapt and incorporate these features to their discretion?

On 3/18/2023 at 6:18 AM, Sport said:

For Kings games they started it on Thursday night and hopefully it dies like their parent company. In replays it's fine, during live play, it's distracting. They're treating us like idiots with the puck tracker.

• 2 weeks later...

Saturdays, there's often a hockey game on in the break room...and I thought "man, seems like these games always involve either the Bruins or Penguins."

Cue skating penguin at center ice...and when I was close enough to get a good look...the spoked B on the top portion of the scorebug.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

THE REAL NEW YORK ISLANDERS EXPERIENCE

>do almost nothing in free agency

>predicted to finish near bottom of the metro by media

>rattle off a huge win/point streak early in the season

>have one of the best records in hockey in november/december

>falter somewhat in second half [YOU ARE HERE]

>finish 3rd in the metro at best

>win one or two playoff series as an underdog

>lose to sun belt team with annoying fanbase

• Like 1

53Ocz8U.png

Yay. It'll be nice to see the Kraken in the playoffs.

Meanwhile, Boston now has 62 wins on the season, tying the record for most wins. They're also three points away from tying the 76-77 Canadians for the most points earned in a season.

If they go at least 1-0-2, they'll break the record for points AND wins.

On 4/9/2023 at 10:37 PM, Pharos04 said:

So based on how things went for Detroit & Tampa I guess we can expect a disappointing loss for the Bruins in this year's playoffs, followed by them winning the next 2 Cups.

And facing them is exactly why I'm not all that disappointed in the Pens likely missing the playoffs. It's almost better than what could very well be a repeat of the 2013 Eastern Conference Final. I mean, if you can't even beat the Chicago Blackhawks...

And while it does feel weird to likely miss the playoffs for the first time since I was in the 7th grade, the past few years' first round exits haven't felt all that different, especially the sweep by the Islanders a few years ago, or losing a best of five to a 12th-seed Canadiens. In fact, wasn't the first round in the 2020 bubble technically not considered playoffs? If so, the loss to Montreal in that tournament already ended the playoff streak three years ago.

Ehh, whatever, it's been a good run. Can't be mad at all. Just feels weird to be a kid when a run starts and about to turn 30 when it enda. I don't wanna be part of the "Fire the GM!!1!!1" mob, but maybe...

oBIgzrL.png