2022-23 NHL Season

BrySmalls

4 minutes ago, TBGKon said:

I would seem to think that maybe they had to work around the Seahawks dates for what would be the 2023 NFL season.  The dates probably arent public, but I know setup and deconstruction for a Winter Classic would take 10-14 days total, which could overlap two possible Sundays.

This thread is the first I'm learning of Seattle hosting a Winter Classic next year.

I'd assume another reason T-Mobile is the better choice because it has a roof, especially since January is really frequent rain weather here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Guess we didn’t need to worry about the Winter Classic being booted to a Monday afternoon on cable. 

The Bruins’ 2-1 win over the Penguins on Monday in the Winter Classic was the most-watched NHL regular-season game ever on cable, averaging 1.8 million viewers on TNT. That was up 31 percent over last year’s Blues-Wild matchup, which drew 1.4 million viewers. 

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

On 1/3/2023 at 6:12 PM, RyanMcD29 said:

I would've gone with Lumen Field for a Seattle Winter Classic venue, but T-Mobile Park would be more intimate which is probably the decision the NHL went with. Either way that should be a fun change of pace.

They said that the retractable roof was a big reason they went with T-Mobile Park. Even if they get lucky with weather the day of the game, there will most likely be some rain during the construction of the rink in the weeks leading up to the game. They will be able to partially close the roof so the ice surface is covered, but still allow for some open-air. 

No one wants to see a repeat of the indoor "outdoor" game that happened at BC Place.

On 1/7/2023 at 10:22 AM, Digby said:

Guess we didn’t need to worry about the Winter Classic being booted to a Monday afternoon on cable. 

Booted???  They followed the precedent they've always done.  The WC is always New Years Day, unless that falls on a Sunday (every 6 years).  Then it goes to the 2nd.

Was reading some scouting reports on various players who are entering the NHL Draft this offseason. Always funny to me to see things like “size” as part of a particulars players positive traits, or “lack of size” as a weakness. What’s funny is this - I feel like far more “undersized players” have panned out more than “big guys.”

• Like 1
On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, DTConcepts said:
Big move for both the Isles and Canucks today. While Bo is a great pickup for the Isles, giving up a prospect as good as Raty stings. Rumor has it the Isles already have an extension in place, something in the ballpark of $8.5x7.

Raty projects out as a 3d liner over the long haul and while he was the Isles best prospect that says more about how bad the farm system is than anything else.  Losing the 1st round pick is the bigger thing because the team hasn't had one in the last 4 years and this is supposedly a deep draft.  With all that, the Isles need someone who can score goals and Horvat fits.  Put Barzal on the wing, and hope he and Horvat have chemistry.  I've also herd there haven't been any negotiations on an extension but Lou...

On 1/30/2023 at 6:29 PM, DTConcepts said:

Big move for both the Isles and Canucks today. While Bo is a great pickup for the Isles, giving up a prospect as good as Raty stings. Rumor has it the Isles already have an extension in place, something in the ballpark of $8.5x7.

This is a rare case of a trade that I don't think is great for either side. The Canucks didn't get an extra shot at Bedard, got an intriguing prospect that seems like a major project, and got a serviceable winger who can maybe be flipped before he becomes a UFA next summer. Considering how much time is left before the deadline I'm surprised they wouldn't wait to see if any better offers came up.

The Islanders might not even make the playoffs with Horvat, and with most of their core near or past 30 they seem to be putting off the inevitable rebuild. The Canucks got Horvat's prime years at $5.5 mil, and if he does re-sign the Islanders are going to be paying him a higher salary for his declining years. 

Kevin Weekes reports this.  I know an outdoor game in Florida has been investigated for feasibility, so it will be interesting to see how it pans out.  Not surprising it may involve the Panthers.  That TB-FLA rivalry is definitely on the upswing.

On 2/1/2023 at 7:09 PM, spartacat_12 said:

This is a rare case of a trade that I don't think is great for either side. The Canucks didn't get an extra shot at Bedard, got an intriguing prospect that seems like a major project, and got a serviceable winger who can maybe be flipped before he becomes a UFA next summer. Considering how much time is left before the deadline I'm surprised they wouldn't wait to see if any better offers came up.

The Islanders might not even make the playoffs with Horvat, and with most of their core near or past 30 they seem to be putting off the inevitable rebuild. The Canucks got Horvat's prime years at $5.5 mil, and if he does re-sign the Islanders are going to be paying him a higher salary for his declining years. 

I actually think it's a good trade for the Islanders.  One of the biggest complaints is that they need to get someone who can mesh with Barzal.  The call was more for a winger but they need someone who can score goals.  I think Barzal shifting to the wing will end up better for him as he's not a very good face-off guy.  Even though Horvat was going to be a UFA had he not signed the extension. At the same time, he said the Islanders were in his "top 5" teams to consider, and given the Islanders' track record of signing UFA's (struck out on Gaudreau, Kadri, etc.,) it was far from a foregone conclusion Horvat would have landed on the Island over the summer.  This is essentially singing Horvat as a UFA.

I'm fine giving up Raty based on both the projections for him and what I've seen of him this season.  The 1st is where I have some concerns, but as it's at least lottery protected this year, if they don't make the playoffs it is what it is.  The other huge problem with the Islanders is the constant complaining among our fanbase that the player development aspect frankly is awful.  With the same people still running Bridgeport, I frankly don't have much faith in their ability to build through the draft until that changes.

Stars fan with a bizarre bowl cut mullet gets clocked for using the n-word at a game.  Posting link vs video due to profanities.  Kinda fun to watch the dude get what was coming to him.

Between Cowboys fans (mostly female!) beating themselves up so much over the past few years and now this, I think Dallas has taken the title from Phila for most fan-on-fan violence (though bay area may actually be #1 since people literally get stabbed and beaten to death at games.)

https://www.crossingbroad.com/2023/02/bowl-cut-mullet-an-early-nominee-for-sports-fight-of-the-year.html

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, BBTV said:

Stars fan with a bizarre bowl cut mullet gets clocked for using the n-word at a game.  Posting link vs video due to profanities.  Kinda fun to watch the dude get what was coming to him.

Between Cowboys fans (mostly female!) beating themselves up so much over the past few years and now this, I think Dallas has taken the title from Phila for most fan-on-fan violence (though bay area may actually be #1 since people literally get stabbed and beaten to death at games.)

https://www.crossingbroad.com/2023/02/bowl-cut-mullet-an-early-nominee-for-sports-fight-of-the-year.html

I like the "yall saw it. He hit me first!" thing. No, dude, you threatened him with violence first, then called him a "dumbass n*****" and got your scrawny ass rightfully popped. In my day there was this expression that went like "talk :censored: get hit". 

• Like 3

PvO6ZWJ.png

It's very telling that the only person that came to his defense was his (I presume) significant other.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

So much I could say about that that I ain't gonna say in here except a/ some folk shouldn't try so hard to act hard and b/ dude who swung barely even put his full weight into it and mullet boy still flew back. Imagine if he had caught the full force...mullet boy would've teleported two rows down. 

And I don't know what ol' girl thought she was trying to do...but I bet if she would've caught a hand she'd have been crying lawsuit like a mug. Thankfully all that got caught on video...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

11 hours ago, Sport said:

I like the "yall saw it. He hit me first!" thing. No, dude, you threatened him with violence first, then called him a "dumbass n*****" and got your scrawny ass rightfully popped. In my day there was this expression that went like "talk :censored: get hit". 

I think people say F*** Around and Find Out (FAFO) nowadays 😎