2022 MLB Postseason

Kooky01

12 minutes ago, DoctorWhom said:

Phillies come back from 5-0  to win game 1 in extras. 

Maybe this team does have the magic BS on their side..

The Astros lost their last World Series when they got put up against a team of destiny from the AL East, as well...🤞

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

The Astros lost their last World Series when they got put up against a team of destiny from the AL East, as well...🤞

You the NL east... and it's also the last two WS they lost to NL East teams... 

(Maybe the Marlins are next)

I saw, I came, I left.

It's supposed to rain all night in Phila, though whether it's "light showers" or "you're going to die" is up for debate.   But it's been in the forecast all day, without variance.  Yet, MLB is waiting until 6:30PM to make a decision on the game.  Meanwhile, everyone's already paid for parking and gone through whatever they had to go through to get down there.  I'm about to hit the subway myself - just trying to give myself as much time as possible for the inevitable cancellation announcement.

I get that it's a really big deal to postpone a WS game.  The implications, both from a competitive standpoint as well as a TV standpoint are huge - but this should be a no brainer, and it's really the fans that get hosed.

From a competitive standpoint, I think a cancellation benefits the Phillies.  But, then game 5 will be up against the Eagles/Texans game, and everyone that went there for the football/baseball combo is screwed.  And if it goes to game 7, that's now on Sunday, up against the NFL.

I completely hate stadiums like Marlins park, Minute Made Park, etc, where it doesn't feel like an outside stadium even with the roof open, but every new stadium should have some kind of covering, whether like Safeco's or maybe even just some shoddy tarp.  I don't know - there's engineers that are smarter than me that can figure this out.

• Like 3

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

It's supposed to rain all night in Phila, though whether it's "light showers" or "you're going to die" is up for debate.   But it's been in the forecast all day, without variance.  Yet, MLB is waiting until 6:30PM to make a decision on the game.  Meanwhile, everyone's already paid for parking and gone through whatever they had to go through to get down there.  I'm about to hit the subway myself - just trying to give myself as much time as possible for the inevitable cancellation announcement.

I get that it's a really big deal to postpone a WS game.  The implications, both from a competitive standpoint as well as a TV standpoint are huge - but this should be a no brainer, and it's really the fans that get hosed.

$$$

If you call a regular season game earlier in the day, no big deal. If the weather is bad, people will just not go. But with a World Series game, if you wait, people come to the stadium, because the tickets are at such a premium and spend money, like you said, on parking, food, team store, etc. It's essentially like a free play in football. You get this opportunity to make some money in addition to the eventual make-up game. Happened twice back in 2006 in St. Louis, once each in the NLCS and the World Series. I was up working at Busch Stadium for it and honestly we were hoping they'd call it earlier in the day, but they waited and waited.  It later occurred to me why.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, McCall said:

$$$

If you call a regular season game earlier in the day, no big deal. If the weather is bad, people will just not go. But with a World Series game, if you wait, people come to the stadium, because the tickets are at such a premium and spend money, like you said, on parking, food, team store, etc. It's essentially like a free play in football. You get this opportunity to make some money in addition to the eventual make-up game. Happened twice back in 2006 in St. Louis, once each in the NLCS and the World Series. I was up working at Busch Stadium for it and honestly we were hoping they'd call it earlier in the day, but they waited and waited.  It later occurred to me why.

I think they're going to have to honor people's parking money for tomorrow, but they don't do receipts anymore and everything's cashless so I'm not sure how that works.

Of course, it got called 30 seconds after I tapped my subway card - but I'm only out $2.25.  Lots of folks are out a lot more.

The funny thing is that game 5 of the world series between Houston and Philadelphia will be competing directly against TNF between... Houston and Philadelphia.  That's a ratings disaster for both leagues.  

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

23 hours ago, BBTV said:

The funny thing is that game 5 of the world series between Houston and Philadelphia will be competing directly against TNF between... Houston and Philadelphia.  That's a ratings disaster for both leagues.  

I know the NFL (and the Eagles in Philadelphia, for that matter) is king and all of that nonsense, but unless the Phillies are down 3-1 in the series, more will be watching a World Series Game than a TNF game not even halfway through the season. Wouldn't you think? I do agree that the two leagues probably both lose out in this situation.