22-23 NBA Season Thread

DG_ThenNowForever

23 hours ago, Shumway said:

front.jpg

My last name is almost the same as his*! I probably put his old Hoops/Skybox card in a plastic sleeve, along with every Dan Majerle card.

*Mine's with a "y" at the end instead of the "i"

Stanford legend

It's only 3-1. But going down 28-13, 9 minutes into Game 5... gotta imagine Miami is sweating already. Not a great start. They'd head back to Miami with Boston on fire with two straight, the pressure Miami would be under in Game 6 would be worse than Game 7 of the Finals. There's no way they'd win Game 7 in Boston. They'd have to win Game 6.

• Like 2

I know talk of the 3-0 comeback is inevitable, but the main difference is the "spam threes" strategy coin flip has been coming up heads the last two nights (yeah Tatum's attacking and they're actually getting after it on defense, but when the threes aren't falling, that stuff tends to go too). What happens if/when it comes up tails again? Are they going to say screw it, we can't win and check out? Probably, that's what they've been doing all year.

Grind out a win when the threes aren't going your way, then I'll start giving credit. Miami did that in game 2.

1 hour ago, who do you think said:

I know talk of the 3-0 comeback is inevitable, but the main difference is the "spam threes" strategy coin flip has been coming up heads the last two nights (yeah Tatum's attacking and they're actually getting after it on defense, but when the threes aren't falling, that stuff tends to go too). What happens if/when it comes up tails again? Are they going to say screw it, we can't win and check out? Probably, that's what they've been doing all year.

Grind out a win when the threes aren't going your way, then I'll start giving credit. Miami did that in game 2.

Welcome to Celtics basketball. When the threes fall, they play a complete 2 way game. When the threes don't fall they crap themselves.

On 5/22/2023 at 8:13 AM, Germanshepherd said:

I can’t believe we broke them. I didn’t expect us to even win, but to literally watch the Celtics unravel in real time is a dream come true. 

All hats off to them, they fixed it all

• Like 1

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

On 2023-05-26 at 9:24 AM, who do you think said:

WELL.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

god this team is gonna give me heart problems i swear

Helluva win by the Celtics. Still one more game to go, but I don't see the C's squandering all this momentum in a game 7 in Boston. They'll be giving it their all on both sides for the chance to make history. It'd be hilarious if Tatum dropped a 52-point game just to break his own 2-week-old record, but that's wishful thinking.

The Celtics have now won 5 straight elimination games, dating back to game 6 against the Sixers last round.

This year's playoffs have been utterly insane.

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

12 hours ago, who do you think said:

I'm emotionally invested now and I don't like it.

Same.

It feels a little like the '04 Red Sox sans the 86-year drought.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

The only bad thing is that this city will still act like the Celtics are going to be a dynasty.

Yup. Any year now…

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?