NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

* Unless their attempt to get the league to allow third helmets is permitted.

Fair point, but I would hope that there's a limit to how many times the league will submit to Jeffrey Lurie's peer pressure.

• Like 1

spacer.png

3 hours ago, CDCLT said:

The logo could use some tweaks IMO but I don't think they'll change it. I'm for us switching to blue as our primary jersey color so that we can own that look and set ourselves apart from the NFC South. My ideal set would have blue helmets to truly create a unique look for the team but I'm ok with white/blue/white.

Actually the logo looks great on white. I change my vote to white with blue as a close second. Just not black where the logo completely disappears.

Riddell Carolina Panthers Flat White Alternate Revolution Speed Mini  Football Helmet

• Like 16
  • Love 1

Carolina Panthers (2012 - Pres)Carolina Hurricanes (2000 - Pres)

2 hours ago, BadSeed84 said:

Men's Arizona Cardinals New Era Cardinal 2023 NFL Draft 59FIFTY Fitted Hat

The past draft hats for the Cardinals would usually just be Red, White & Black

I wouldn't put too much stock in the yellow-heavy draft cap. Looking at Fanatics, every team has a "Draft" and "Draft on Stage" hat. The "On Stage" hat has the gray crown with the team's nickname in their primary color (except for the Raiders to avoid black clash) stroked in black. The "Draft" hat has the primary-color shell with the name in whatever the team's non-black-or-white secondary color is. The Dolphins have an aqua hat with orange letters, but they certainly don't feature orange that much, so I don't think using yellow as the secondary color for Arizona is necessarily indicative of anything.

5 hours ago, burgundy said:

Fair point, but I would hope that there's a limit to how many times the league will submit to Jeffrey Lurie's peer pressure.

They’ll keep stuffing the ballot now more than ever, gotta filibuster the rugby sneak from getting banned ha.

On 4/2/2023 at 10:56 AM, the admiral said:

Tank becoming famous.

I must've been sleeping under a rock around that time...still wondering how the heck that happened.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

4 hours ago, throwuascenario said:

Actually the logo looks great on white. I change my vote to white with blue as a close second. Just not black where the logo completely disappears.

Riddell Carolina Panthers Flat White Alternate Revolution Speed Mini  Football Helmet

Have long been waiting for a Matte White helmet in the NFL.  It’s tricky as the matte finish on White, at least when it was done early in the “matte helmet” era, would “yellow” over time, especially when played on a lot of natural grass/dirt.  Curious if this has been remedied.  My guess is it would be more of a Satin White.

When done right, it can be great, but always looks better with (my hill to die on) Black bumpers/hardware.

This was a Matte White Schutt F7 I had Schutt make up for us years ago as a sales sample when I was with BSN SPORTS:

YDH6skp.jpeg

Much less visually appealing when the bumpers & chinstrap are White and interior padding is White and/or Grey.

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, Discrim said:

I must've been sleeping under a rock around that time...still wondering how the heck that happened.

A train out of Secaucus got delayed, Tank missed the Mets game, and he was interviewed on the local news. The camera and Dave Portnoy loved him.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

12 minutes ago, jerrylawless3 said:

Titans have officially teased Oilers throwbacks via this oil-barrel teaser video

That, or they're doing a Johnny Cash "Man in Black" thing like the MLS team did. Or worse yet, an all-black Oilers throwback, which would make no sense at all. 

59 minutes ago, jerrylawless3 said:

Titans have officially teased Oilers throwbacks via this oil-barrel teaser video

I wonder if the supposed throwbacks would include the Tennessee Oilers patch, as a move to make it a “Tennessee Throwback” rather than a Houston one:

spacer.png

• Like 12
  • Love 1

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

^ Both the Bucs and Seahawks should be wearing those as their primary uniforms at home. 

But, I would never miss that all-blue look for Denver (and I am someone who still loves their uniforms for some reason), and there is nothing about that Titans uni that isn't anything other than hard to look at. 

Tennessee still has by far the worst set in the NFL. 

• Like 14
  • Applause 2

1 hour ago, Pigskin12 said:

Unfortunately, we can expect to see the following looks even less frequently with the addition of all these new throwbacks and alternates:

GettyImages-1448401332.jpg

1244772444.0.jpg

I don’t think we can definitively say these two looks will be reduced. 

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

59 minutes ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

^ Both the Bucs and Seahawks should be wearing those as their primary uniforms at home. 

But, I would never miss that all-blue look for Denver (and I am someone who still loves their uniforms for some reason), and there is nothing about that Titans uni that isn't anything other than hard to look at. 

Tennessee still has by far the worst set in the NFL. 

Compared to the all-navy look, that is a way better look for the Titans. And for the Broncos, their navy jerseys in general are better than orange. I just went with an all-navy photo since they have worn that combo more often the past few years.

33 minutes ago, Pigskin12 said:

Compared to the all-navy look, that is a way better look for the Titans. And for the Broncos, their navy jerseys in general are better than orange. I just went with an all-navy photo since they have worn that combo more often the past few years.

But why would you think the Bucs would no longer wear their primary home look?

5 minutes ago, McCall said:

But why would you think the Bucs would no longer wear their primary home look?

They wear white at home primarily and are bringing back the creamsicles, which I assume will replace would-be red jersey games rather than white jersey games.

I expect the home game breakdown to be something like:

3-4 white jersey games

1 pewter alternate

1-2 creamsicles

2-3 red jerseys

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Pigskin12 said:

Unfortunately, we can expect to see the following looks even less frequently with the addition of all these new throwbacks and alternates:

kansas-city-chiefs-v-tennessee-titans.jp

1450238176.jpg

GettyImages-1448401332.jpg

1244772444.0.jpg

Aside from the Bucs, I don't see this as a major loss.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1