NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

14 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Nike does such a terrible job with UCLA style shoulder stripes, just absolutely abysmal.

spacer.png

Reebok: "Hold my beer"

sdut-indianapolis-colts-running-back-20160901-004

• Like 2
  • LOL 6
  • Hurl 2
  • Huh? 1

6uXNWAo.png

5 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Reebok: "Hold my beer"

sdut-indianapolis-colts-running-back-20160901-004

Any time someone says Reebok jerseys were better constructed than Nike's I can only think of these and the Jaguars awful jerseys.

Aug. 28, 2010 - Tampa, Florida, United States of America - Jacksonville  Jaguars quarterback David Garrard (9) looks to pass with some blocking help  from teammate Jacksonville Jaguars guard Uche Nwaneri (77).

It's one thing to make a template that can't handle traditional stripes, or a template that can't handle modern designs, but to have a template that can't handle ANY designs is a whole other thing.

• Like 7
  • LOL 4

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

8 hours ago, Huntr said:

Speaking of new vapor fusion template for mostly NFL teams, will the Broncos be one of them? It would be interesting how new template coordinate with stripe side panels? 

They would probably modify the template the same way they did the Elite51 for teams that had side panels

8 hours ago, throwuascenario said:

If all they're doing is adjusting the color, I wonder why they even announced it. They put those jerseys on sale for nothing, most fans wouldn't have even noticed.

They likely weren't planning on a big unveiling, but I think they were mostly responding to the reports of significant changes happening.

15 hours ago, HOOVER said:

No contrasting collar for the Panthers would be another step down.  Really not a fan of this template.  Sad to hear.

When I saw that photo that the Panthers posted on their website today, the perspective makes it look like the TV number was awfully close to the neck; certainly they wouldn't allow for those numbers to impede on the collar, right?

Right?

To be honest, I like the idea of dropping the contrasting collar for Carolina. It's been more obvious that the collar doesn't quite match the shoulder loops. The old collar was much more subtle and it was easier for it to be more of an accent.

Panthers_Bears_Trade_Football_2306982741

9102030-nfl-super-bowl-50-carolina-panth

• Like 6

Not sure if anyone else is seeing this, or if it's just my imagination, but does that number on the jersey appear to be rounded and not the normal block font? It almost looks like the Vikings' numbers (the ones without serifs). Like they're trying to bring the numbers inline with their word mark. Maybe I'm just looking too much into it and it's purely the angle combined with being out of focus.

spacer.png

• Like 1

I don't think that image confirms anything like that.  Could very likely be just camera focus, jersey folding, or other things.  Not saying you're wrong, but that's not enough evidence to even suggest that they've changed fonts.

• Like 7

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

To be honest, I like the idea of dropping the contrasting collar for Carolina. It's been more obvious that the collar doesn't quite match the shoulder loops. The old collar was much more subtle and it was easier for it to be more of an accent.

Panthers_Bears_Trade_Football_2306982741

9102030-nfl-super-bowl-50-carolina-panth

I did a quick Photoshop of this for myself (it's bad, I didn't want to post it and didn't even save it, someone else can do a better job than me) and the jersey ends up looking super generic without the contrasting collar.  Nice thought to work through.   I don't think it would make a difference on the size of the TV numbers either way, unless you want the TV numbers sewn up on the collar.  The sleeve stripes are the issue with the TV numbers.

25 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

I wonder how the Panthers helmet would look if the stripes had reversed colors. Meaning blue stripes with black outlines, matching the stripes on the silver pants.

I'm actually surprised I never noticed this.  Now it's going to bother me.

44 minutes ago, HOOVER said:

I did a quick Photoshop of this for myself (it's bad, I didn't want to post it and didn't even save it, someone else can do a better job than me) and the jersey ends up looking super generic without the contrasting collar. 

I imagine it doesn't look much different than USC's home jersey. A good NFL equivalent for the thought process behind dropping the contrasting collar and numbers would be the Bengals, as well, at least in terms of space dedicated to the shoulder/sleeve design and overall emptiness of the shoulder.

57 minutes ago, HOOVER said:

I'm actually surprised I never noticed this.  Now it's going to bother me.

D1RTGM2.png

I made a fast and dirty version. I think this looks pretty good personally. All the inner most stripes are blue and the outer stripes are either black or silver depending on the backdrop.

I also add a thin black outline on the helmet logo. You can see one on the sleeve patch for the blue jersey and I never noticed it before but I kinda like it.

Trying something similar to the white uniform works but maybe not as well:

RMyJ2W6.jpg

15 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

D1RTGM2.png

I made a fast and dirty version. I think this looks pretty good personally. All the inner most stripes are blue and the outer stripes are either black or silver depending on the backdrop.

I also add a thin black outline on the helmet logo. You can see one on the sleeve patch for the blue jersey and I never noticed it before but I kinda like it.

Trying something similar to the white uniform works but maybe not as well:

RMyJ2W6.jpg

Blue with black outline would look good on both white and silver backgrounds, while the blue with silver outlines should just be used on black backgrounds.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

Not sure if anyone else is seeing this, or if it's just my imagination, but does that number on the jersey appear to be rounded and not the normal block font? It almost looks like the Vikings' numbers (the ones without serifs). Like they're trying to bring the numbers inline with their word mark. Maybe I'm just looking too much into it and it's purely the angle combined with being out of focus.

spacer.png

Has it been mentioned that the Panther is facing backwards here? It's not like that on the current jersey.

• Huh? 2

6 minutes ago, GoGreenGoWhite said:

Has it been mentioned that the Panther is facing backwards here? It's not like that on the current jersey.

What do you mean? The Nike swoosh always faces towards the front of the jersey and so is the Panthers logo. That’s the same as the current jersey.