NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

19 hours ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

Come on Steelers, give us the goods. 

Just b/c a regular uniform was used to take the shadow photo does not mean it isn't a teaser for something new. And, as someone has pointed out previously, the new template is soooo conducive to bringing back the "batman" jerseys that it's almost a no-brainer, or at least very likely someone in Pittsburgh realized it and made the recommendation. 

Then again, since the Lions Pepsi troll job, I trust nothing

I don’t think this template would work as well as some think. While the front of the new Nike Template is great for that “Batman” jersey just given current uniform design and requirements the back would be difficult to pull off well. When those uniforms were used in the 60s player names wear not on the back of the jersey in the NFL and the chevron like yoke came to a point on the back as well. That design would be difficult on any modern template especially now with names needed to be accounted for as well.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

The Steelers have tweeted basically that same thing before and it was not a tease for a uniform then, so I don't know why it would be a tease for a uniform now. 

The new jersey template would be perfect for a 1966 throwback. 

bSLCtu2.png

Looks like the Broncos are sticking with the Vapor Untouchable template this year per their media day posts. Either the side panels aren't easy to replicate in the new template, or the Broncos are simply waiting for new uniforms next year. From what the signs are pointing to, maybe the latter? 

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

On 6/28/2023 at 3:11 PM, jdthrillinger said:

The only teams yet to release a retail F.U.S.E. template jersey are the Packers, Bucs, & Broncos (color rush only)

Looks like Packers are sticking with their old reebok template, and the Broncos & Bucs are sticking with the Vapor Untouchable template.  The Broncos color rush being an exception seeing as that is in the F.U.S.E. 

The Packers never change so that makes sense, the Broncos side stripe might make it difficult to replicate with the F.U.S.E cut, but the Bucs are puzzling since it seems like their jersey would transfer just fine on the F.U.S.E

The two teams effected most negatively from the F.U.S.E template are the Bills (white and blue jerseys) & Cowboys (navy blue jersey)  

The collars are just awful looking for those 3 jerseys, they weren't great with the Vapor Untouchable but the F.U.S.E is even more of an eye sore.  It's possible Tampa is sticking with the Vapor template due to the slight line at the top of the collar on all 3 of their jerseys?  Removing the line seems like an easy fix.  Buffalo definitely needs to remove the striping on the collar with the new template, they accomplished a clean look on their red jersey by doing this.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, SSmith48 said:

Looks like the Broncos are sticking with the Vapor Untouchable template this year per their media day posts. Either the side panels aren't easy to replicate in the new template, or the Broncos are simply waiting for new uniforms next year. From what the signs are pointing to, maybe the latter? 

Let’s hope it’s the latter.  These are really dated and are entering Cardinals Reebok territory.

• Like 7
  • Hurl 1
  • Dislike 1

Denver switched to orange when Nike took over in 2012, the same year Manning arrived. At the time, this was cool, but since their 2015 Super Bowl, it's been one mediocre QB after another and the team hasn't sniffed the playoffs once.

No one looks at this uniform anymore and associates it with winning, or any positive feelings for that matter. It's severely outdated and the orange jersey has never looked good under Nike. The only Broncos uniform matchups I enjoy anymore are those involving the navy jersey or Color Rush orange. Even if it's an underwhelming redesign, I can't imagine it being anything less appealing than what they have now.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Pigskin12 said:

Denver switched to orange when Nike took over in 2012, the same year Manning arrived. At the time, this was cool, but since their 2015 Super Bowl, it's been one mediocre QB after another and the team hasn't sniffed the playoffs once.

No one looks at this uniform anymore and associates it with winning, or any positive feelings for that matter. It's severely outdated and the orange jersey has never looked good under Nike. The only Broncos uniform matchups I enjoy anymore are those involving the navy jersey or Color Rush orange. Even if it's an underwhelming redesign, I can't imagine it being anything less appealing than what they have now.

Denver’s uniform is so old and tired i actually hear creaking noises when i look at a picture of it.  When something that was once the very definition of cutting edge gets old, it gets startlingly old.  

• Like 6
  • Dislike 2

12 hours ago, jdthrillinger said:

The two teams effected most negatively from the F.U.S.E template are the Bills (white and blue jerseys) & Cowboys (navy blue jersey)  

The collars are just awful looking for those 3 jerseys, they weren't great with the Vapor Untouchable but the F.U.S.E is even more of an eye sore.  It's possible Tampa is sticking with the Vapor template due to the slight line at the top of the collar on all 3 of their jerseys?  Removing the line seems like an easy fix.  Buffalo definitely needs to remove the striping on the collar with the new template, they accomplished a clean look on their red jersey by doing this.

I mean it could be worse right?

12-21-2012-buffalo-bills-16_9.jpg?width=

What I don't get is why can't they just use the new uniform template and just switch out the collar to something that works better with the uniform design. Teams have been able to adapt every template so far to account for different designs. Yet for some reason the collars are always untouchable. 

• Like 5

12 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Denver’s uniform is so old and tired i actually hear creaking noises when i look at a picture of it.  When something that was once the very definition of cutting edge gets old, it gets startlingly old.  

The Nike version of the Broncos orange doesn't have the same charm like it did in Reebok.

Detroit Lions v Denver Broncos

What Tebow is doing in the pic is my expression towards many teams' uniforms with Nike.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, gothedistance said:

The Nike version of the Broncos orange doesn't have the same charm like it did in Reebok.

What Tebow is doing in the pic is my expression towards many teams' uniforms with Nike.

What exactly is charming about this? The only difference is the collar and its dazzle. Nike did improve the consistency of the design though across players where the side panel is wider in front and no longer cut off by arm holes on lineman and such

• Like 3

7 hours ago, gothedistance said:

I can’t take anyone seriously who thinks Reebok did a better job with NFL uniforms than Nike, in any capacity.

• Like 10
  • Yawn 2

8 hours ago, gothedistance said:

Maybe it's my eyes but the orange used to pop out more. They look muted with Nike. 

• Like 5

XM4KeeA.png

6 hours ago, AstroCree said:

Maybe it's my eyes but the orange used to pop out more. They look muted with Nike. 

Reebok jerseys looked shinier in general.  The flat orange Nike jerseys look okay in the sunlight, but by the end of the game when it’s darker out, they look super dull.

• Like 1

On 6/29/2023 at 3:40 PM, Old School Fool said:

The new jersey template would be perfect for a 1966 throwback. 

Nothing is perfect for the 66 jersey. It was a horrible uniform that no one liked. The players hated it and it went away quickly. It's the only uniform they haven't thrown back to for a reason. Apparently the team said they'd never wear them in a game again but I can't find the actual quote. It's mentioned and cited on wiki but the citation link is dead. It will be unfortunate but I'm sure at some point they'll do it for the money since it's pretty much the only one they haven't done.

I think the better choice for something interesting from that era would be the 1962 all white with yellow helmet. I always thought the 1963 white jerseys with athletic gold diamonds on the sleeves was interesting but as well all know, sleeves aren't really a thing anymore. 

1 hour ago, SoxSteeler said:

Nothing is perfect for the 66 jersey. It was a horrible uniform that no one liked. The players hated it and it went away quickly. It's the only uniform they haven't thrown back to for a reason. Apparently the team said they'd never wear them in a game again but I can't find the actual quote. It's mentioned and cited on wiki but the citation link is dead. It will be unfortunate but I'm sure at some point they'll do it for the money since it's pretty much the only one they haven't done.

I think the better choice for something interesting from that era would be the 1962 all white with yellow helmet. I always thought the 1963 white jerseys with athletic gold diamonds on the sleeves was interesting but as well all know, sleeves aren't really a thing anymore. 

The great point you're making is that just because an older uniform design exists in a team's history, doesn't mean it was good design, or that it should be worn today as a throwback.

8 hours ago, HOOVER said:

I can’t take anyone seriously who thinks Reebok did a better job with NFL uniforms than Nike, in any capacity.

I would say Nike does most things better than Reebok, but I can't take anyone seriously who drinks the Nike kool-aid this completely.

And as for the handful of things that were better pre-Nike, I would submit...

This...

spacer.png

Over this...

spacer.png

• Like 14
  • Love 1
  • Applause 3
  • Yawn 1