NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

45 minutes ago, PittsburghSucks said:

Unless they decide to wear their regular brown jersey with their regular brown pants. 

Yikes that might be even worse than the brown-out color rush uniforms. The two stripe brown pants only really work when paired with the white jerseys, but even then they feel unnecessary. They could wear solid brown pants like from 2008-2014. I always felt that something about that never felt right either though. 

Never thought I'd see the day when the Browns wore something other than an orange helmet. Yet somehow it still feels like the Browns and feels like it fits with their traditional identity. I might feel differently when I see it on the field, but right now I'm pretty happy with the move.

The fact that the Browns are actually getting positive reviews for something is a nice touch too. Not sure this has happened since they brought back the classic uniforms and orange pants. 

• Like 6

One note. This is the 1965-1969 version of the Vikings Home uniform. Not the 1961-1964 version. The only difference is the lack of sock stripes. That’s unfortunate, but I’m still stoked to finally see Vikings throwbacks return, especially the 60’s version with the numbers outlined in gold.

• Like 4

da0Lbhs.png

Love that Vikings jersey.  Perfect color balance. 

I want that to become the full-time uniform with a UCLA-striped white jersey for the road (with purple pants. I said what I said).

• Like 6

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

What a day of surprises. First we saw  Arizona, then the 1975 Houston Oilers/Tennessee Titan look, them the 1985-1995 Eagles look. The return of the 1980-1999 Giants from last years alts, Cleveland Browns gorgeous 1946-1950 white helmets with the nice brown/orange/brown stripe down the middle! Then the 1969-1995 Vikings home uniforms return. The Texans bring back the red helmets. Seattle Seahawks 1983-2001 era uniforms. Tampa Bay Bucs 1976-1996 orange uniforms. Man, the madness never ends!

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, simtek34 said:

One note. This is the 1965-1969 version of the Vikings Home uniform. Not the 1961-1964. The only difference is the lack of sick stripes. That’s unfortunate, but I’m still stoked to finally see Vikings throwbacks return, especially the 60’s version with the numbers outlined in gold.

I'm embarrassed to say how long it took me to figure out what this typo was.  

Now that I have, I don't really get that into socks (comparted to others here), but I think I prefer this without the striped socks.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

POTD (Shared)

Jersey: Absolute perfection.

Pants: The right move.

Socks: Whatever. Thumbs up.

Older-style logo: The right move for a throwback*

Gray facemask: Also the right move for a throwback**

Overall grade: A. 

*Unpopular opinion (I suspect)  but I like the updated horn better because it visualizes the horns going up better. And if it were up to me, they'd keep this jersey permanently but with updated helmet logo.

**Polarizing opinion but I don't like gray facemasks and I while it's the right move for a one-game throwback, I want them to have purple facemasks for standard uniforms.

That all said, I had no idea this was coming. What I great surprise.

• Like 4

POTD (Shared)