NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

Hawks look fine. It's the old uniform in the new template. Unlike the Vikings, I think Seattle's current set is better so this is effective as an alternate. Nice job.

Regarding the Vikings, when the alternate is so close to the current set but better in every way, it's time to ditch the current set and just revert back.

Regarding the Browns: I don't get it. To each their own, but I don't get it. Feels like one of those bad collegiate-styke changes I worry about for the NFL.

• Like 4
  • Dislike 6

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

3 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Hawks look fine. It's the old uniform in the new template. Unlike the Vikings, I think Seattle's current set is better so this is effective as an alternate. Nice job.

Regarding the Vikings, when the alternate is so close to the current set but better in every way, it's time to ditch the current set and just revert back.

Regarding the Browns: I don't get it. To each their own, but I don't get it. Feels like one of those bad collegiate-styke changes I worry about for the NFL.

Browns is a throwback to 1946, not some random alternate they came up with on the fly-

spacer.png

• Like 9
  • Love 2

11 minutes ago, NH4 said:

Okay, these might not be perfect, but I feel like a kid again! These look great and I really like the old logo on a modern helmet. I don't say this often but...

Good job, Nike!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bowld said:

Browns is a throwback to 1946, not some random alternate they came up with on the fly-

Thanks for that; I didn't know.

Even still, I don't know... it's like when Philadelphia wore blue and yellow or the Steelers wear yellow helmets. I get it, but it's just so far removed from what the team is known for looking like.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

17 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I think Seattle's current set is better so this is effective as an alternate.

This is an interesting take. Just curious, what makes you think that?

• LOL 1

This might be the best looking year we have had since the 75th anniversary throwback season.

I'm sure I am missing one or two but so far we know we are getting the following throwbacks-

* Bucs

* Vikings

* Patriots

* Eagles

* Seahawks

* 49ers

* Giants

* Saints

* Dolphins

* Falcons

* Browns

* Oilers/Titans

• Like 5
  • Applause 1

34 minutes ago, bowld said:

This might be the best looking year we have had since the 75th anniversary throwback season.

I'm sure I am missing one or two but so far we know we are getting the following throwbacks-

* Bucs

* Vikings

* Patriots

* Eagles

* Seahawks

* 49ers

* Giants

* Saints

* Dolphins

* Falcons

* Oilers/Titans

Steelers, Browns, Bills, Raiders, Lions, Bears Packers, and Cowboys throwbacks as well.

• Like 1

I guess I don’t see what many of you are seeing with the Vikings throwbacks. They’re fine, but they feel like a Halloween costume, a team playing 1970s dress-up. 

I’m generally the type to prefer throwbacks over the modern look. Seattle, for example, should absolutely ditch the drab navy for the much more vibrant throwbacks. 

But the Vikings are one of the few franchises that succeeded in blending classic with modern, which should be the goal in any new uniform design. This should be celebrated.

My suspicion is that any suggestion to replace the current look is more about wanting change for change’s sake than actually preferring an inferior (though still very nice) set to what they have now.

• Like 14
  • Love 1

Just now, gosioux76 said:

But the Vikings are one of the few franchises that succeeded in blending classic with modern, which should be the goal in any new uniform design. This should be celebrated.

I can see where you're coming from, but the classic block letters are just so much better than the Vikings current number font. The Vikings just need to replace their number font with something less gimmicky and their uniforms are exponentially better.

• Like 7

So, who ISN'T going with any alternate or throwback jersey this season?

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

54 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I agree with this.  It's cool but wouldn't want it every game.  Love the old school website they did though!

• Like 1

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

55 minutes ago, ruttep said:

This is an interesting take. Just curious, what makes you think that?

I think of all of the modernized team looks from the 2000s and 2010s, the Seahawks pulled it off the best (including the 2002 redesign as well).

The Nike set is a nice iteration of the Reebok set, that goes all-in on navy monochrome in a way that looks intentional, the number font is unique in a way that has aged well, the wide helmet stripe fits the look, and overall, it's a cohesive aesthetic across multiple color combinations (though I personally hate blue over white and white over white).

The color looks especially drab compared to their new alternates, and I could definitely see a call to lighten the Hawks up a little bit.

But for a franchise that went all-in on modernity, I feel like Seattle did it the best since Denver way back in 1996.

• Like 9