NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

On 10/18/2023 at 11:35 AM, DCarp1231 said:

Man, white socks with the same striping as the jersey and pants would elevate this look exponentially

spacer.png

spacer.png

can someone Photoshop this please?

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

12 hours ago, BadSeed84 said:

I felt the opposite, the white one's look like Arena Football League uniforms even more so.

See, I think the reason I hated the white jerseys less is that they made more use of the superior royal blue color. The navy set was so drab. 

16 hours ago, tBBP said:

The current number/NOB set looks like Walmart knock-off versions of the former set in comparison

It really does.

I know there's a 2-year process in play so they weren't timed because of Brady leaving, but certainly they knew he'd play no longer than one year in these (if any... which ended up the case).  I'm surprised they didn't want more of a clean break from that era, and I assume that's the reasoning for the blue-on-blue primary look.  Not the way I'd've gone about it, but I think that's their thought process.

Elvis is here to stay, as is navy / red / silver.  There's a lot that you can do with that to break from the Brady-era while still looking both classic and contemporary.  They simply chose not to, and made the wrong choice.

• Like 3

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Cool.  Maybe he does well and makes 80s cool again for WRs, instead of it being a contest to get the lowest numbers and rob QBs from them.

Did I see that kickers are now in the 40s?  I vaguely recall seeing the Rams kicker in 42.  That's awful.  

• Like 1
  • Yawn 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 minute ago, BBTV said:

Cool.  Maybe he does well and makes 80s cool again for WRs, instead of it being a contest to get the lowest numbers and rob QBs from them.

Did I see that kickers are now in the 40s?  I vaguely recall seeing the Rams kicker in 42.  That's awful.  

I feel like we can trace back and attribute the number shuffling to QB/WR/RB/TE Taysom Hill

Everything in me says I should hate these Colts uniforms, but I actually find myself liking them quite a bit. I like the royal blue and black combo, and the stripes on the shoulders and pants look good together. If these had black socks instead to make them symmetrical at the waist, I'd like them a lot. 

I feel like this is a good job of creating an alternate look that still fits with the main brand while doing something different. It's much better than taking the regular uniforms and giving them a black base, which is what I expected. If you're going to do BFBS, this is how you do it. 

• Like 5
  • Dislike 1

The Patriots wearing a cohesive good-looking uniform during this decade? Who woulda thought!

Now if only the Bills wore Blue Socks, or better yet, didn't kill off their Striped Socks for leggings. Worst trend in the league.

• Like 8

da0Lbhs.png

28 minutes ago, Cujo said:

The throwback Meadowlands end zones are such a great touch

Apparently, for the second consecutive week, Washington has decided to match a beautiful throwback theme with... all white.

10 minutes ago, ruttep said:

Apparently, for the second consecutive week, Washington has decided to match a beautiful throwback theme with... all white.

Falcons throwback weekends are pretty meh. They don't their best throwback uniform and their endzones use a very incorrect font.

But I agree. Washington is a complete mess.

6uXNWAo.png

3 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Falcons throwback weekends are pretty meh. They don't their best throwback uniform and their endzones use a very incorrect font.

But I agree. Washington is a complete mess.

It's just frustrating because last year they actually committed to wearing burgundy pants with their white jerseys. They refuse to even do that this year and it's made a bad uniform even worse.