2023 NFL Offseason thread

Cujo

On 1/12/2023 at 11:51 AM, heavybass said:

The Big 10 commish is now Chicago's new CEO and president

I hope he takes the "wait no I you know what I okay never mind" approach to raising my property taxes that he took for running Big Ten football in the spring.

• LOL 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Jim Harbaugh talked with a numbers of teams. Likely gave them a list of wild demands ($20M/per salary, GM duties, who knows what else) and teams weren't willing bending.

Fmoh_jzaYAEptvV?format=png&name=large

I'm 100% confident he'll eventually return to the NFL, but only when a team craters to his requests.

• Like 2

6uXNWAo.png

3 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Harbaugh seems desperate to get back to the NFL but he’s notoriously difficult to work with , will be 60 soon, and is, by multiple accounts, a complete f’n weirdo.  

Hard to picture too many NFL teams signing up for that. 

Absolutely. This is the era of 35-year-old weirdos.

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

So the front runner to buy the Commanders is Sixers owner Josh Harris, who also owns the NJ Devils. If it happens, he’ll own teams in three rival sports cities. That’s got to be a first. 

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

So Jacksonville's 2023 slate of opponents is out and...

wgteesbcjkvf52qpmf0x.jpg

hoadubkjegflsdcktfcl.jpg

...Based off the way teams finished the season, next season is gonna be a good one to see how they hold over from this—they definitely drew a winner's slate. Thankfully for them, they play four of their toughest non-division opponents at the Bank (home field)—San Francisco, KC (finally—feels like KC aint played an actual road game in like three years!), Cincinnati, and Baltimore. That game up in Buffalo should be interesting, and they usually play Pittsburgh tough, and have had their number pretty often over the years too, especially at Heinz (or whatever it's now called). That said, the NFC South will be a straight crapshpot next season (as it has been the past two or three seasons anyway).

• Like 2

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

3 hours ago, tBBP said:

So Jacksonville's 2023 slate of opponents is out and...

wgteesbcjkvf52qpmf0x.jpg

hoadubkjegflsdcktfcl.jpg

KC (finally—feels like KC aint played an actual road game in like three years!)

From what I’ve seen in Jacksonville, it doesn’t look like much of a road game to me. Maybe next year is different if it’s early in the year but if they meet late in the season and the Jags pull an Amber Heard like they did in 2018, it’ll look like Arrowhead Southeast again. 

As long as we're sharing 2023 schedules:

zxmbjzoggry22qxi96xw.jpg

Bills catch a break with their bonus game being a bad Buccaneers team. They got the worst of their first place schedule home/road split, with road games at Cincinnati and Kansas City (again!), plus at Philadelphia too.

And I was curious, so I looked up the Chiefs 2023 schedule. No cute graphic, but here's their slate:

Home:

• Denver Broncos
  • Las Vegas Raiders
  • Los Angeles Chargers
  • Buffalo Bills
  • Chicago Bears
  • Cincinnati Bengals
  • Detroit Lions
  • Miami Dolphins
  • Philadelphia Eagles

Away:

• Denver Broncos
  • Las Vegas Raiders
  • Los Angeles Chargers
  • Green Bay Packers
  • Jacksonville Jaguars
  • Minnesota Vikings
  • New England Patriots
  • New York Jets

I don't know how they do it, but all of their hardest games are again at Arrowhead next season -- Bengals, Bills, Eagles and Lions. Plus the Dolphins too. Yes, the Vikings and Jags were 2022 playoff teams, but they have an asterisk at this point.

Incredible luck for that franchise.

And while I'm looking for reasons to be upset, this is the 2023 Bengals:

HOME

• Baltimore Ravens
  • Cleveland Browns
  • Pittsburgh Steelers
  • Houston Texans
  • Indianapolis Colts
  • Los Angeles Rams
  • Seattle Seahawks
  • Minnesota Vikings
  • Buffalo Bills

AWAY

• Baltimore Ravens
  • Cleveland Browns
  • Pittsburgh Steelers
  • Arizona Cardinals
  • Jacksonville Jaguars
  • San Francisco 49ers
  • Tennessee Titans
  • Kansas City Chiefs

•  

That's actually a pretty even split for Cincinnati, and kind of almost looks incomplete. The AFC North has the NFC West, and the Bengals have to play the Niners on the road. Otherwise, they get the AFC South and their bonus home game with the Vikings. Could be worse.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

On 1/17/2023 at 11:54 AM, BBTV said:

So the front runner to buy the Commanders is Sixers owner Josh Harris, who also owns the NJ Devils. If it happens, he’ll own teams in three rival sports cities. That’s got to be a first. 

So that means the Texas Rangers are next.  

It will be interesting to see how the QBs taken in the first round of the draft and beyond end up.  CJ Stroud, Bryce Young, Will Levis and Anthony Richardson are all projected first rounders.  I did watch a few more games from Levis and Richardson since I saw them initially on National TV and I think Levis could have a longer career and he was great in 2021 (I liked Levis more in 2021 than I did in 2022).  I read somewhere that the best scenario for Richardson is to "Jordan Love" him for a year or two.  TBH, two teams that could be the right fit for  Richardson reside in the NFC North with the Lions and Vikings.  Now with the way Jared Goff has been playing for the Lions, I can see them drafting a later round QB like Max Duggan or Stetson Bennett in the hopes that they "Brock Purdy" their way to playing in the NFL.  But I think the Vikings need to look at life after Kirk Cousins.  

• Like 2

NFL has announced the 5 international game “home” teams for 2023:

• Wembley Stadium - Jaguars

• Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Bills

• Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Titans

• Germany - Chiefs

• Germany - Patriots

No word on opponents. Looks like Mexico City has been replaced by a second Germany game.

7 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

As long as we're sharing 2023 schedules:

zxmbjzoggry22qxi96xw.jpg

Bills catch a break with their bonus game being a bad Buccaneers team. They got the worst of their first place schedule home/road split, with road games at Cincinnati and Kansas City (again!), plus at Philadelphia too.

And I was curious, so I looked up the Chiefs 2023 schedule. No cute graphic, but here's their slate:

I don't know how they do it, but all of their hardest games are again at Arrowhead next season -- Bengals, Bills, Eagles and Lions. Plus the Dolphins too. Yes, the Vikings and Jags were 2022 playoff teams, but they have an asterisk at this point.

Incredible luck for that franchise.

And while I'm looking for reasons to be upset, this is the 2023 Bengals:

•  

That's actually a pretty even split for Cincinnati, and kind of almost looks incomplete. The AFC North has the NFC West, and the Bengals have to play the Niners on the road. Otherwise, they get the AFC South and their bonus home game with the Vikings. Could be worse.

Ever since you pointed it out, I can't help but chuckle every time I look at a tough Chiefs game, because you're totally right - they're always at Arrowhead!    It really does feel like they have 17 home games.  I know that the scheduling is done with a formula so there's no funny business, but it's just funny how it always seems to work out that way.

I'm shocked they are "hosting" an international game, because aren't those usually for loser teams that don't draw too many fans at home?

Do they ever have a nationally-televised game that's on the road?

• Like 3

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, BBTV said:

Ever since you pointed it out, I can't help but chuckle every time I look at a tough Chiefs game, because you're totally right - they're always at Arrowhead!    It really does feel like they have 17 home games.  I know that the scheduling is done with a formula so there's no funny business, but it's just funny how it always seems to work out that way.

It gets better. In 2024, they have the AFC North and NFC South. Their home games are Saints, Bucs, Ravens and Bengals. They also have AFC South at home, and will be at same-place AFC East.

At this point, none of that means anything, because who the hell knows what happens in two years. But still, if those teams still have Lamar and Burrows in two seasons, you'd want those teams at home.

For those keeping track, I'll quit my bitching in 2024. Bills get SF and LAR at home, along with the Jags, Titans, and same-place AFC West. Should general NFL positioning stay about the same over the next two years (obviously, it won't), that's not so bad!

3 hours ago, BBTV said:

Do they ever have a nationally-televised game that's on the road?

I feel like either this season or last, they had a nationally broadcast game against the Raiders in Las Vegas. If memory serves, I believe that shootout they had with the Rams a few seasons ago was at the LA Coliseum and was a MNF game. Otherwise, though, it really does feel like they’re at home for national broadcasts way more often than not! They’re always at home in the playoffs too, it seems.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png