College Football 2023

Rixaroo

21 minutes ago, JTernup said:

I’m really hoping they’ll look better on the field (they usually do, replica jerseys look bad often).

This is true, but these are rough regardless, in my opinion

Holy smokes those are terrible. This might be the worst case of BFBS yet. Sure, they are pitching it as a military thing, but when you have such great colors to work with, there is no need for black. If you really want to do something for the military, there are other ways to go about it.

Also, why do the Gators insist on reinventing the wheel for every alternate? The script sticks out like a sore thumb. Just use the standard Gator logo opposite the Jumpman logo and the small SEC logo on the collar. They did something weird like this with the gator print uniform, which had a full size SEC patch and an oversized Gator patch that didn’t fit on the collar.

spacer.png

• Like 1

^ those alternates were so bad that they were good, I can't explain it. Every time I am reminded of them I spam all of my UF friends with photos and no context, but DEEP DOWN on the inside I admit to myself they absolutely are like something I would have whipped up myself and tossed in the concept boards 10 years ago without apologizing. 

The issue they have with the new alt is the same Boise State ran into, which is that if you are blue and orange there's really no way to make a black jersey that doesn't look muddy unless you remove one of the colors altogether. In Boise State's case they just went with black + blue + grey and left the orange out. Granted, I not only don't think it looks any better, but it deviates from the school's brand and therefore isn't necessary. Another example is the Knicks alternates, which in some iterations have been orange numbers/lettering with white trim on black, making them look more like they're in Halloween jerseys than anything else.

As Dr. Ian Malcolm said, just because you could doesn't mean you should.

Boise State Roster Countdown 2022: Day 21, Tyreque Jones - One Bronco  Nation Under God

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, j'villejags said:

It may just be the lighting, but the Florida jersey looks anthracite / charcoal to me -- not quite black. (Not that dark gray is any better.)

It’s black, the lighting in the bookstore was terrible and I couldn’t get a more accurate picture.

• Like 1

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

5 minutes ago, JTernup said:

It’s black, the lighting in the bookstore was terrible and I couldn’t get a more accurate picture.

Ah, whoops. Thanks for clarifying. Reminds me of the dress where nobody could decide on the color due to the lighting.

The_dress_blueblackwhitegold.jpg

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

57 minutes ago, SCL said:

Nothing can save that wildcat logo 🤮.

It’s baffling that instead of slowly phasing it out after nobody seemed to like it, they’ve doubled down and added it to both the football and basketball uniforms. 

• Like 8

spacer.png

Random gray is random.  Number font cam use some slimming down. Pretty cool application of the checkers to the collar.

Solid otherwise. Are they also gonna have white lids? (Probably so, because of course so.)

• Like 3

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

2 hours ago, 406Cane said:

New Kentucky football unis.

https://www.aseaofblue.com/platform/amp/2023/8/3/23819505/kentucky-wildcats-football-new-uniforms-2023-cfb-season

I like ‘em. Glad they dropped the checkerboard finally. 

Checkerboard is still there but more subtle. I referenced these 6 months ago when they teased them during the Super Bowl. Of note: much simpler design on the new Nike template with the Kentucky chest wordmark, wildcat design on the sleeves, gray outline on numbers, simple double stripe on pants, standard helmets with contrasting facemasks, tonal checkerboard on the collar. No signs of black, anthracite, or chrome at this point.

Couple still shots:

• Like 1

Couple template updates:

Alabama - we saw the retail jersey but here’s a gamer

UNC - the argyle stops a bit higher due to the collar 

Oklahoma - the template pushes the wordmark and number down, making the gap between the Jumpman and conference logos very noticeable

In other news:

19 hours ago, JTernup said:

Not so much of an unveiling. More like I was walking through the bookstore on the way to lunch, snapped a pic and sent it to Gators Unis. I like them but I’m really hoping they’ll look better on the field (they usually do, replica jerseys look bad often).

Oh, that’s cool that you stumbled upon them like that.  I guess you can call their decision to just put them on the shelf without any fanfare an “unceremonious unveiling.”

• Like 2

16 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

Couple template updates:

Alabama - we saw the retail jersey but here’s a gamer

UNC - the argyle stops a bit higher due to the collar 

Oklahoma - the template pushes the wordmark and number down, making the gap between the Jumpman and conference logos very noticeable

In other news:

I wish Nike had a better solution for the wordmark across the chest. Pushing it and the numbers further down makes it look like an afterthought.

• Like 1

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

26 minutes ago, j'villejags said:

I wish Nike had a better solution for the wordmark across the chest. Pushing it and the numbers further down makes it look like an afterthought.

Nike does have a better solution. It’s a horizontal seam across the upper chest instead of the deep V seam. However, I’ve only seen it used on a couple teams, mostly teams with UCLA stripes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aawagner011 said:

Nike does have a better solution. It’s a horizontal seam across the upper chest instead of the deep V seam. However, I’ve only seen it used on a couple teams, mostly teams with UCLA stripes.

Wonder why it's not used more if all else is equal. Seems like Nike should insist on it for teams with chest wordmarks. It would look a bit better.

It was the issue I had with my Cowboys' uniforms -- just wishing they were able to scooch the wordmark and numbers up a smidge. Lol

210eafcd-e39b-4609-83f4-e354b30edb28-202

• Like 2