College Football 2023

Rixaroo

Despite getting a new uniform set this year, Arizona State is giving the heathered pajamas one last run-out this Saturday against Oklahoma State:

spacer.png

These have been one of the worst unis in CFB the last several years, but apparently they wanted to show them off one more time. As a reminder, ASU has a new black alternate with the gimmicky glow-in-the-dark number outlines that they’ll wear next month against Colorado:

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, aawagner011 said:

Ole Miss needs to clean things up. They have too many mix and match elements. Between the navy helmet, powder helmet, white helmet with the plain red decals and single stripe, multiple other white helmets with outlined logos and triple stripe, the powder blue and white camo helmet, striped pants, stripeless pants, it’s all too much. Strip is down to a few pieces and make it cohesive. It’s a mess right now.

If they haven't done it yet—and at this point I don't know how they haven't—Ole Miss needs to quit jacking around and just swap out the navy for that eggshell blue (or whatever they call it) like stat.

• Like 7

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Cincinnati has unveiled their white jersey, announced with the black-white-black combo for tomorrow’s game against Pitt: https://x.com/gobearcatsfb/status/1699834092458766378?s=46

The red jersey has also leaked via a local bookstore.  Interestingly, they’ve gone with “Cincinnati” on the front, instead of “Bearcats” which has been used on all red uniforms the last few seasons. Retail versions of the red and white jerseys are below. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 4

spacer.png

2 hours ago, SSmith48 said:

Seems like the Dallas uniforms from the last few years made an impact. Looks good except for the odd red belt. Throws the whole look off.

The red belt was obviously chosen for a pop of colour but I wonder if the intention was to mimic the jersey colour placement and continue the red over blue look? The red belt is the red SMU and then, I can't tell from the photo, maybe there's the blue striping on the sides which would be the blue numbers.

IbjBaeE.png

4 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Wish Cincinnati would've opted for red collars on the white jerseys. This way the collar and sleeve treatments across all three jerseys match the underline on the "C" logo with the numbers matching the lettering.

While the black and red jerseys already vaguely give off Georgia vibes, I think a red collar on the white jerseys really would’ve looked like a UGA ripoff. Black was the right choice. 

• Like 5

spacer.png

26 minutes ago, ssj_homeslice said:

I don't have pictures at the moment but if you're watching the KU-Illini game, pay attention to Illinois TE Tip Reiman and his helmet; looks like Riddell finally figured out how to put a brow bar on the axiom. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 8

12 hours ago, kb105 said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

It's wild how much more "normal" that makes that helmet style look. And while not having the "brow bar" (is that the actual term for it? I like it) was the norm for several years in the 50s/60s and into the 70s for certain players, not seeing it on modern helmets is kind of jarring, especially when the facemask color contrasts with the shell.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, kb105 said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Unrelated, but how in the world is Illinois still legally allowed to have that 6 and 9 in their number set?? Like seriously...why, though?

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Last week Colorado showed off their new white jerseys that have lot of gold, but this week there’s almost no gold in sight. They’re wearing black helmets with black and white decals and new black jerseys with white numbers and a white Colorado wordmark on the chest. The only gold is on the CU collar logo and the outline of the Pac-12 logo. They’re wearing white pants, too.

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Meh 1
  • Dislike 3
  • Facepalm 4

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

2 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Last week Colorado showed off their new white jerseys that have lot of gold, but this week there appears to be no gold in sight. They’re wearing black helmets with white decals and new black jerseys with white accents. Based on shots of players warming up, it looks like they’re wearing white pants.

spacer.png

The turnaround from "I love golllddd" to having no gold in sight is hilarious and slightly irritating, especially considering that gold is such a key part of CU's brand. The matchup against Nebraska is going to look all the worse for it. CU/Nebraska in Boulder should always be Gold/Black/Gold vs White/White/Red.

• Like 16

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

38 minutes ago, SSmith48 said:

The turnaround from "I love golllddd" to having no gold in sight is hilarious and slightly irritating, especially considering that gold is such a key part of CU's brand. The matchup against Nebraska is going to look all the worse for it. CU/Nebraska in Boulder should always be Gold/Black/Gold vs White/White/Red.

yup…

I have the game on now and it doesn’t look like CU at all. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Last week Colorado showed off their new white jerseys that have lot of gold, but this week there’s almost no gold in sight. They’re wearing black helmets with black and white decals and new black jerseys with white numbers and a white Colorado wordmark on the chest. The only gold is on the CU collar logo and the outline of the Pac-12 logo. They’re wearing white pants, too.

spacer.png

These guys don’t show off the uniform very well.  

Otherwise, nice evolution though I miss the Gold.

Hate the Gloss Black helmet.  Should be satin.

Not a fan of the black and white look. Was hoping CU’s new black jerseys would mirror the white ones, with gold numbers outlined in white — which would look awesome with gold helmets and pants. On the other hand, nothing can kill the buzz of clobbering Nebraska 😀.

• Like 1
1966BroncosMED.jpg64BearsBlasingamelowres-1.jpgKeyeReboundCloseJPG.jpgDUMagnuson.jpg

Florida State in all garnet tonight and looking great. While their gold pants should be the norm, I always liked their occasional garnet pants at home and on the road. This is taking me back about a decade ago when they wore this uniform and looked very clean before they added the sleeve graphics.

spacer.png

Tennessee looked fine in my opinion. I didn’t think I would like them but they aren’t bad as far as alternates go. They’ve made the smokey gray their own and there’s historical precedence for the contrasting shoulders so it makes sense.

spacer.png

I think this is our first look at Vandy’s new white jerseys. They wore the white lids and pants last week. Probably not a bad idea to go all white for what would otherwise look like a scrimmage against Wake Forest.

spacer.png

Not feeling the all white with powder blue trim on the helmet for Ole Miss. Feels very forced and follows a different stripe pattern than their normal helmets.

spacer.png

Purdue looks like a bit of a mess right now. While they brought back the Brees era throwbacks at home, they are still wearing their modern uniforms on the road. VT in all orange.

spacer.png

Cincinnati looks pretty clean.

spacer.png

• Like 5