College Football 2023

Rixaroo

5 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Because the bandana pattern didn't work as well when using red jerseys. To change the pattern to make it work for red jerseys, it'd be the white bandana instead. 

Trailer: 'Man in the Red Bandana' Will be a Feature Film | Inside Lacrosse

Yeah, that’s true. They probably could make a black version if they wanted, too.

2 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

This level of mix and match should be beneath Florida State. Leave it to the directional schools. You’re garnet and gold. Play around with garnet pants, white pants on the road, even the occasional all black. But this looks totally wrong.

You almost took the words out of my mouth that I was coming here to post.

It looks good in a vacuum but FSU doesn't need white helmets at all. They've done Gold/Garnet/White in the past in the Bowden days and it didn't look terrible, but not as good as gold of course.

3124388.jpg.jpg

• Like 6

On 9/15/2023 at 7:00 AM, upperV03 said:

Arizona State going white/maroon/white with large Sparky face decals on the helmets:

spacer.png

spacer.png

I don’t really care for the big Sparky face decals (just use the regular Sparky), but they’re still better than any of the million different pitchfork decals they use.  

And I think Fresno is wearing the "surrender" all white uniforms (they posted a graphic on IG with the QB wearing them) but not exactly for sure.

I was hoping for ASU in Yellow/Maroon/Yellow and Fresno in Red/White/White or Red/White/Red for this game but oh well.

After debuting new jerseys the last two weeks, Colorado is wearing their old black jerseys on the Elite 51 template tonight. Thought that they had finally moved on, but the flywire just will. not. go. away. Strange move, especially when they could’ve just added a gold outline to the numbers on the new black jerseys. The Buffs are wearing gold helmets tonight (with black pants), so that’s a plus. 

• Like 3

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

After debuting new jerseys the last two weeks, Colorado is wearing their old black jerseys on the Elite 51 template tonight. Thought that they had finally moved on, but the flywire just will. not. go. away. Strange move, especially when they could’ve just added a gold outline to the numbers on the new black jerseys. The Buffs are wearing gold helmets tonight (with black pants), so that’s a plus. 

Colorado looking much better with some gold

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

On 9/16/2023 at 2:04 PM, NOLAPelicans23 said:

Mizzou updated the striping on the gold helmet this year to match the uniform (New Below, Old Above). I wonder if the gold pants will follow suit?

spacer.png

spacer.png

The entire game all I kept thinking was that they needed yellow pants. As a Zou fan, they can wear whatever they want if they win games like that though 😂

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Green27 said:

The ASU-Fresno game really looked incorrect. Am I the only one who thinks of Fresno as a red/white school not a red/white/blue school? ASU also looked off in the hazy night, with the maroon looking almost grey on the broadcast. 

2DYDSW5XUBBVVF77F3HDFBUGIU.jpg

they've always had navy as a trim color, 

Uni-obsessed! Giving the uni history of the teams of the Mountain West -- Fresno  State University - Mountain West Connection College Football Rewind: 5 most important games from 2001 season - Page 3

And I think it was their last set with Nike where they really introduced it to the palette as a alternate uniform color. 

But that game above looks like an off-brand Territorial Cup matchup. 

• Like 3

AmPJ0Ty.png 

13 hours ago, PlayGloria said:

The entire game all I kept thinking was that they needed yellow pants. As a Zou fan, they can wear whatever they want if they win games like that though 😂

As a student, their insistence on often having the helmet match no other uniform aspect kills me inside

• Like 2

jOfO5Rh.pngaYLRFMy.png1FNdgQe.png

"No offense to any of us, and I get tradition, I’m here to uphold that tradition."

Says the guy who puts an oar and his own catchphrase on the helmet instead of the team's long-standing motto.

• Like 14

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

10 hours ago, Green27 said:

The ASU-Fresno game really looked incorrect. Am I the only one who thinks of Fresno as a red/white school not a red/white/blue school? ASU also looked off in the hazy night, with the maroon looking almost grey on the broadcast. 

2DYDSW5XUBBVVF77F3HDFBUGIU.jpg

This is the same aesthetic as those youth teams who have the rights to use NCAA and NFL logos, but can only afford to put them on basic, plain equipment.

• Like 1