College Football 2023

Rixaroo

Florida State has announced that its October 21, 2023 matchup against the Duke Blue Devils will serve as its first “Seminole Heritage” game on the football field.

Part of Nike’s N7 line (a part of the N7 fund, created to assist Native American and Indigenous communities in establishing athletic spaces), it’s not the first time that an FSU team has worn the turquoise uniforms designed to pay homage to the relationships between different tribes and universities associated with them.

Every year since 2013, when the men’s basketball team debuted the look, a Florida State team has worn the uniform.

From the school:

Florida State makes a distinct departure from its traditional school colors to don turquoise Nike N7 uniforms to stand for the importance of bringing sport and physical activity to Native American and Aboriginal youth.

The color turquoise represents harmony, friendship and fellowship throughout Native American communities and is used in tribute to Florida State University’s special friendship with the Seminole Tribe of Florida.

While Florida State players won’t be wearing the uniforms during the matchup against Duke (which is also homecoming), football staff on the sideline will be.

The jerseys go on sale on September 9, while the apparel “mirroring” what the staff will be wearing will be released on October 2.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 14

spacer.png

gear_left2.0.jpg

Florida State makes a distinct departure from its traditional school colors to don turquoise Nike N7 uniforms to stand for the importance of bringing sport and physical activity to Native American and Aboriginal youth.

The color turquoise represents harmony, friendship and fellowship throughout Native American communities and is used in tribute to Florida State University’s special friendship with the Seminole Tribe of Florida.

NOTE: They're not wearing the actual turquoise uniforms on the field...but (according to the press release) the coaching/sideline staff will, or should, be decked out in the turquoise.

Part of me would actually kinda like to see what the turquoise uniforms would look like on the field. Here's a rough mockup:

FupZItTXsAAiiWB?format=jpg&name=4096x409

• Like 8
  • Love 2
  • Applause 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

39 minutes ago, tBBP said:

gear_left2.0.jpg

NOTE: They're not wearing the actual turquoise uniforms on the field...but (according to the press release) the coaching/sideline staff will, or should, be decked out in the turquoise.

Part of me would actually kinda like to see what the turquoise uniforms would look like on the field. Here's a rough mockup:

FupZItTXsAAiiWB?format=jpg&name=4096x409

As a tertiary color, the turquoise would be pretty solid. Kind of like how the Titans implement little accents of that hot red.

FSU's basketball team has been doing this for several seasons...here's how those look on the court:

fsu-6.jpg

n7game042.jpg

(Which is from a good couple years back.)

• Like 6

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I’m a bit late, but FSU’s updated uniforms look sooo nice. It’s amazing how much that small tweak really makes it feel like a return to the classic set with the collar and sleeve trim.

The one downside is that they skipped over the Vapor Untouchable template and never used it, as the “V” shape of this new Vapor Fusion template is kind of distracting. It also makes the front numbers look a little small.

I also hold the unpopular opinion of liking the “blackout” set, I wish they kept that around, I definitely like it more than the white helmet that they retained.

• Like 1

On 9/4/2023 at 6:06 PM, henburg said:

F5Lhc8-X0AA3xxk?format=jpg&name=large

F5Lhc9KXcAAJICR?format=jpg&name=large

Not sure how to feel about these to be honest. I am a huge fan of the original Smokey grey alternates and as a whole I think that this works pretty well (albeit worse than the original). Still, there's a mismash of elements with the smokey mountains remaining on the helmet while only the dark grey is present throughout the rest of the uniform. The face mask change was necessary I guess with it being black before, but I am not sure that the vintage grey was the right way to go either. Overall, streamlining the colors would go a long way.

Instead of "Artful", that should read "Awful".

Because it's awful that they ruined what was the perfect alternate uniform.  The original Smokey Grey uni was absolutely perfect.  I don't get why teams don't know what good is.

• Like 2

Couple other Pac-12 combos here. Wazzu going dark gray/crimson/dark gray vs. Wisconsin. Glad to see them going with a healthy amount of gray since the Badgers will be in their white and red.

spacer.png

Utah going red/white/red at Baylor:

spacer.png

• Like 6

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Ole Miss needs to clean things up. They have too many mix and match elements. Between the navy helmet, powder helmet, white helmet with the plain red decals and single stripe, multiple other white helmets with outlined logos and triple stripe, the powder blue and white camo helmet, striped pants, stripeless pants, it’s all too much. Strip is down to a few pieces and make it cohesive. It’s a mess right now.

• Like 11