2023 - 2024 NBA changes

DJT

12 hours ago, M4One said:

Adam Silver and every NBA owner's dream court?  An ad for every bucket.

Could never work in a multi-purpose arena, where the floor has to be removed to get to the ice surface, or a concert stage needs to be built.  Curious what their solution to that would be.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

14 hours ago, M4One said:

"New fan experience", eh? More like new fan distraction

What do they want fans to watch, the game on the court, or the court itself??

• Like 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

6 hours ago, tBBP said:

"New fan experience", eh? More like new fan distraction

What do they want fans to watch, the game on the court, or the court itself??

I am guessing if/when the NBA adopts this, they will have various rules regarding colours and animations on the court.

My biggest concern, is how many game delays will we get because the tech is glitching.  There are still clock and scoreboard malfunctions every year in the NBA/NHL. Refs can use a manual clock if/when needed in those cases, but its not like they can quickly paint a new key or three point line

I think the LED court is great for using and swapping out multiple court designs (and could also be a solution for placing the Finals logo back ON the court instead of only visible on TV screens), but I don’t think it needs all of that extra in-game animation. We certainly don’t need it to tell us when someone hits a 3-pointer. All of that seems like a lot of unnecessary distraction. I kept finding myself bugged watching that video by the court “reacting” to every point scored and I can’t imagine I’d sit through a whole game well with that.

I’m all for innovation and I’m all for the NBA potentially using this to solve some problems, but it ought to be done within reason and ensuring that it doesn’t create new problems. Restraint would be necessary with adopting such a court.

• Like 1

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

On 7/24/2023 at 1:05 AM, M4One said:

Should've put a warning to mute that crap first.

Also I could see this being done and in regards to it being used in multi-use arena's. Wouldn't it still just be LED squares that connect to each other? I could see it still being possible, though one would think it would be quite expensive to do for all NBA teams.

I wonder how different is bounce of the ball on that court, also how hard those led screens are and if they add additional protection to prevent cracking (imagine impact from landing after power dunk). At this moment I'd say it's more like a gimmick, but in near future I could see that as a real deal.

On the other side I heard that Suns unveiling is on 1st August. Can someone confirm that?

4r2eer.png

On 7/19/2023 at 2:43 PM, Brave-Bird 08 said:

I don't like the Hawks uniforms. The striping on the side is too busy, the font is lifeless, not a fan of the white jersey saying "ATLANTA" instead of "HAWKS" and the logo on top of the stripes on the shorts looks like a sticker because the line width thickness doesn't agree with the stripes (the logo should be sitting on the front of the short leg where it can breath instead of on top of the stripes). 

NBA Rumors: Atlanta Hawks Open To Trading Notable Big Man In Exchange For  Two-Time All-Star

Going to a classic look was smart but they're pretty forgettable.

This is essentially my problem. They're completely generic uniforms that don't reflect the excitement of the city. In addition, both the white uniform and the red uniform have yellow bordering white in a number of spots, which makes me feel like I'm watching that ghosting effect that old CRT TVs used to have if not tuned properly.

5 roster moves the Atlanta Hawks need to make this offseason

• Like 2
oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

I think the Pelicans release is pretty lame. It feels pretty much like a previous jersey but they just plopped "Crescent City" on there. Could have gone in so many other directions that could have been meaningful or exciting

1 hour ago, DJT said:

these are fine. Don’t care for “crescent city”

As far as on-brand alts go, that's probably one of the better ones I've seen lately.

• Like 2

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

if i wasnt a pelicans fan i would say those are alright. but since i am i can say that im pretty disappointed. i like the idea of bringing in a "crescent city" jersey, i like the idea of bringing some more gold into the mix. and i can appreciate the marketing team for making a decent video (yes the bar is that low for us,)

but on the other hand: they scrapped the most iconic jersey the franchise has had since the rebrand happened over a decade ago.. the new color balancing is odd. the front and back of the jersey looks like a pistons/wizards jersey. but the side colors add some much-needed pelicans pop with the gold. but the side design is way too generic for my liking. every team's got some iteration of vertical stripes going down the sides. they could do way better than that given all the elements from the city they could have incorporated. maybe some wrought iron, maybe some fleur de lis.. anything

the pelicans are the youngest brand in the nba, they've pretty much been wearing the same uniforms since the brand was birthed 10 years ago. with one of the core jerseys gone, it just doesn't feel right. all the little success the team has had and all its memorable moments have been in the red "PELICANS" jerseys. they're easily the most popular jerseys and the one everyone associates most with the team. if you're gonna get rid of them (which i don't think they should have in the first place) you gotta at least go all out and not make something that looks straight out of 2k. 

Edited by pelicanfan
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, tBBP said:

As far as on-brand alts go, that's probably one of the better ones I've seen lately.

Basically how I'm thinking about it. I'm never a fan of nickname jerseys but "Crescent City" and the Pelicans font does at least work nicely with the over-and-under wordmark treatment. Feel like more gold somewhere in there would've done well to feel distinctly Pelicans.

• Like 1