2023 - 2024 NBA changes

DJT

And there is something that I was kinda afraid in my previous post about Suns, I mean while white ball works on away jersey it doesn't fit that well with home where imo now is a lil bit too much white. Other than that whole set is exceptional and I'm glad they waited one year to release and updated it.

4r2eer.png

On 4/7/2023 at 11:25 PM, NeauXone said:

PleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePlease

8 x 10 Color Glossy Photo: Troy Hudson - Minnesota Timberwolves | eBay

Alright so we have pretty significant rumors coming out that the Wolves are getting a Hardwood Classic. And according to the source it'll be white, so we're either looking at the trees,

or these:

Minnesota Timberwolves 80s Fotografías e imágenes de stock - Getty Images

Or possibly even the Muskies throwback again:

Timberwolves Jersey Week: Muskie Monday - Canis Hoopus

image-2023-06-05-005249976.png

1 hour ago, NeauXone said:

Alright so we have pretty significant rumors coming out that the Wolves are getting a Hardwood Classic. And according to the source it'll be white, so we're either looking at the trees,

or these:

Or possibly even the Muskies throwback again:

Timberwolves Jersey Week: Muskie Monday - Canis Hoopus

i like all 3 but please let it be the muskies.

3 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Do the shorts have a spike on the sides coming down from the waistband?

Yes, they have.

2 hours ago, NeauXone said:

This would be nice but I still can't believe that Warriors possibly won't get a retro this season.

4r2eer.png

The more I look at the Suns set, my feelings on the white ball aren't changing... but I'm also missing the black in this set. Phoenix is one of the rare cases where throwing all the colors in somehow works (as long as mid grey isn't one of the colors), and works even better when white is tertiary at best. The home in particular just ends up too Stormtrooper for me, given this team's design history and what you'd expect of a team in Phoenix.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, JuicedSportsNow said:

New: 

screen-shot-2023-08-01-at-7-26-55-am.png

For context. This was the look the Suns introduced in the mid 2010sspacer.png

And the 90s Sunbursts

spacer.png

The Suns new uniforms certainly look nice, but there's something about the incorporation of black in the original Sunburst set that feels better to me than this new emphasis on white. I think that balance of Purple, Orange, and then Black is really what feels the most like the Suns to me, and all of these other sets since have just come a little bit short in trying to get that color balance right. 

• Like 1

spacer.png

21 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Do the shorts have a spike on the sides coming down from the waistband?

here's more of a better look at the shorts. instant turn off for me now lol. always hate those random lines that’s been on the suns/clippers shorts

D97-D22-B7-25-BB-4-B14-B9-FD-C7-A4-E111-

Edited by pelicanfan
typo
  • Like 5

12 minutes ago, pelicanfan said:

myra here’s a better look at the shorts. instant turn off for me now lol. always hate those random lines that’s been on the suns/clippers shorts

D97-D22-B7-25-BB-4-B14-B9-FD-C7-A4-E111-

Yeah, I don't get why they had to put those on there. They've felt random and out of place on the last few sets, but even worse so on here because there's so much else going on.

And looking at this full uniform shot, I believe even more now that the ball needs to be orange. Too much white and too little orange on the jersey, and vice versa on the shorts. Especially with the aforementioned spikes.

• Like 4

The Suns new uniforms are not good. The white uniform is the better of the two, but the ball REALLY needs to be orange. Hell, make the sunburst yellow like the originals and, ya know, like the logo in the waistband. On the purple jersey, the white trim makes no sense, purple would be miles better and match the shorts. The whole thing is a disjointed pale imitation of the original. Do not like. 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Digby said:

The more I look at the Suns set, my feelings on the white ball aren't changing... but I'm also missing the black in this set. Phoenix is one of the rare cases where throwing all the colors in somehow works (as long as mid grey isn't one of the colors), and works even better when white is tertiary at best. The home in particular just ends up too Stormtrooper for me, given this team's design history and what you'd expect of a team in Phoenix.

I completely agree with you. On the '90s purple sunburst jersey white was only used for the script, numbers, and NoB. All the white in this set feels distracting, especially using a white script on a white jersey.

2 hours ago, McCall said:

Yeah, I don't get why they had to put those on there. They've felt random and out of place on the last few sets, but even worse so on here because there's so much else going on.

And looking at this full uniform shot, I believe even more now that the ball needs to be orange. Too much white and too little orange on the jersey, and vice versa on the shorts. Especially with the aforementioned spikes.

Their love affair with those darn spikes is annoying as it really doesn't mesh well with this new, line heavy set. I saw that yesterday and cringed. Its just an unnecessary carryover, like those silver Utah side panel things on their uniform.

All of that said, this definitely pushes back against the 'minimalism' movement that the Cavs/Jazz went towards. I think its important to have a pendulum that features a mix of looks. In that regard, its a winner.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1