2023 - 2024 NBA changes

DJT

52 minutes ago, alxy8s said:

I'm sure the answer is something to do with taxes, but what is the point of this? The Heat's owner is the chairman of Carnival, so he's just writing himself a check?

Cheap plug I guess.

31 minutes ago, SantosD_ said:

F7djzDAaQAAEym7?format=jpg&name=large

Sacramento Kings city edition leaked too

i feel like these jerseys are playing some tricks on my eyes it’s obviously blue but i can’t help but to register it as  purple because the piping on the arms and collar is the same exact one from their last purple set. also is it me or is that nike logo bigger than usual?

4 hours ago, SantosD_ said:

F7dL8NSW0AA7HiQ?format=jpg&name=large

Raptors city edition is gold this time, I really liked...

Although I'm tired of Ovo scheme this is what they should do if they want to keep it. I mean every year Raptors should rotate between black, white (like in 18/19) and gold as a base color. This one is really nice, but I'd still prefer to see something not ovo related.

2 hours ago, SantosD_ said:

F7djzDAaQAAEym7?format=jpg&name=large

Sacramento Kings city edition leaked too

Why I have feeling like this is some kind of rejected 75th Remix design? Anyway gray seems to be forced, but jersey itself look great. Nice tribute to Royals.

• Like 1

4r2eer.png

On 9/29/2023 at 4:07 PM, Rygi13 said:

This appears to be a nod to the "Madhouse on Madison" the old Chicago Stadium. While similar to the iconic Chicago theater marquee, the font looks more like that on the roof of the building but is rendered vertically like the marquee outside of the stadium.

It's not a very effective reference to the Stadium if the lettering never looked like that.

What's left to say about how bad this is? It's an extremely poor use of space, it looks cheap, and besides, Chicago Stadium mythos is more a Blackhawks thing than a Bulls thing. The Bulls were just the Blackhawks' tenant and generally played to light crowds as most NBA teams of the '70s did.  By the time the Bulls were winning championships, the architects were already drawing up the United Center.

• Like 4

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

On 10/1/2023 at 1:21 PM, SSmith48 said:

Why is Nike/The NBA so obsessed with black/navy/white for city looks? When these were introduced, I was under the impression that these uniforms would be the most unique ones in a team's set. In just a matter of years, the creativity with these (outside of maybe the mixtapes we got a couple of years ago) have nosedived. It feels like they are just phoning them in at this point in most cases, just so they can get another jersey out to make money from and for collectors to buy. 

Washington, San Antonio, and maybe Indiana might be the only ones the intrigue me right now, but I'm desensitized at this point. It's hard to care much for a fun new uniform when I know it will only be carried for less than a season then never mentioned again.

11 hours ago, pelicanfan said:

these teams have got to chill out with black and dark jerseys. not even in the sense that "black out" jerseys used to be a cool thing and its lost its magic now. but also in the sense that the whole league is looking more and more diluted. like if you wanna be one of the 20 something teams with black/dark jerseys you gotta at least make some redeeming designs. its really ironic how so far it seems to be the the jazz who are coming out with the least controversial jerseys this year that surprisingly aren't black or minimalistic. 

from leaks and releases these are the teams so far coming out with new black/dark grey jerseys: kings, lakers, pacers, rockets (technically), warriors, mavericks, bulls, wizards, and nets (though i give nets a pass since their design is pretty crazy and they're the nets.)

then we're probably gonna get a handful of more (like raptors as always) on top of all the black jerseys that teams already have in their main rotation. like the suns who've made their statement jersey their whole identity this past year or kings who've decided to make their primary color black now...

It’s like everybody wants to look “cool” but their conceptions of coolness are 95% the same. They think they’re expressing their individuality but they look just like everybody else. 

I dunno. I want more originality in sports design in general. I grew up in the ‘80s and ‘90s, so guess I’m spoiled - but I know everyone involved is capable of better than what they’re putting out there. I have no easy answers. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, mattr1198 said:

Knicks City edition leaked a bit, allegedly this is the full thing and it’s marvelous:

damn i don't like it at all... when will we have an orange jersey? plus after three years of black jerseys, i finally appreciate the idea of a black knicks jersey, at least i see a sense in it. but still the blue, orange and black combo... i never really liked it, for the same reason i liked more the 21-22 city edition.

1 hour ago, mattr1198 said:

Knicks City edition leaked a bit, allegedly this is the full thing and it’s marvelous:

So same late 90's based design for third straight year, but this time in blue and very close to the actual retro.

1 hour ago, MauriceMorris13 said:

When will we have an orange jersey?

Knicks are 0-8 in orange so probably not too soon.

(0-6 in alternate and 0-2 in Christmas unis)

4r2eer.png

3 hours ago, WBeltz said:

ARE THOSE OILERS COLORS?? (If it is, Houston area teams are really selling in on it).

That doesn't seem like it but there could be a filter on the image throwing the colors off. The Rockets already did an oilers tribute uniform. I can't tell what these are paying homage to. I don't recognize the font from anything locally related.

EDIT: I saw a guess on reddit that it may be a tribute to University of Houston Phi Slama Jama

24mcbb-houston-psj-01-bqfg-mediumSquareAt3X.jpg

Olajuwon_Hakeem15.jpg?resize=900%2C1036

• Like 5
  • Love 1