2023 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVIII

canzman

53 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

This is a thing I'm a little tired of.

I see just as many complaints on here about the social media or marketing of the uniform as the uniform itself.

At a low setting, its just "old man yells at cloud." Tedious but tolerable.

When its really cranked up I feel there's a sense of gatekeeping. Those posts aren't meant to hype up the people who look at practice photos to figure out whether a team is wearing throwbacks or who check beat reporter twitter for pregame warm ups to figure out the color undershirt a team is wearing that day. They're trying to get engagement from people who aren't keyed in and that's fine.

At this point I'm more annoyed at the people on the board complaining about "icy whites" than the club social media teams much less the all white uniforms themselves.

Totally get that. (I think) I've made my (admittedly kind of stupid) point and I'll move on. Half the posts in this thread are complaining about the Saints leotards, teams in solid white pants/white socks, and the Cowboys uniforms in general. So I didn't think it was a big deal to vent a little bit. Moving on.

ClAFLDa.png

47 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

This is a thing I'm a little tired of.

I see just as many complaints on here about the social media or marketing of the uniform as the uniform itself.

At a low setting, its just "old man yells at cloud." Tedious but tolerable.

When its really cranked up I feel there's a sense of gatekeeping. Those posts aren't meant to hype up the people who look at practice photos to figure out whether a team is wearing throwbacks or who check beat reporter twitter for pregame warm ups to figure out the color undershirt a team is wearing that day. They're trying to get engagement from people who aren't keyed in and that's fine.

At this point I'm more annoyed at the people on the board complaining about "icy whites" than the club social media teams much less the all white uniforms themselves.

I think you're correct about the gatekeeping, but I am going to keep doing it anyway. I think the ascension of our subculture to something knocking on the door of the mainstream has made sports aesthetics objectively worse, whether that's the neverending stream of goofy Brandiose designs or infinitely modular NFL uniforms tailor-made for a "you know we had to do it to em" world of breaking down each element in an infographic someone was underpaid to make. We'll agree to disagree.

• Like 7

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

On 12/21/2023 at 8:12 PM, Kramerica Industries said:

The Saints have four different uniforms in their collection and all of them have combinations that look fantastic.

Primary black: with gold pants and black socks

Road white: with gold pants and black socks

Throwback white: with white pants and black socks

Throwback black: also with gold pants and black socks

(no black helmets)

They have four different uniforms, which means they have enough to work with to keep everything "fresh" throughout the season. If they stuck with those four looks throughout the season, they'd be the one the league's best looking teams every single week.

S--t, if they even did as much as have black pants with a striping pattern, at least those would be acceptable in design even if they'd still be an inferior option to wear compared to gold pants. 

It's painful as hell that they wear stripeless black pants as often as they do home and away, and that they often wear stripeless white pants as well. They actively choose to look far from their best more often than not. 

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent.

(But at least, socks aside, they look good tonight.)

It’s like they know that they have good combos, but refuse to wear them to look awful…

• Like 5

2 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Have the Lions worn their standard blue jerseys and gray pants together yet this season?

What a bunch of morons.  

Only once. 

Cowboys-Dolphins just looks incredible. It's a shame professional football didn't take the same liking to traditional styles as MLB has. I enjoy a good modern uniform plenty, but if i am honest with myself none of them ever look as good as the classics. Just sitting here daydreaming about how a 1980s Falcons road uniform vs this Dolphins set in 4K ... sheesh

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Michael Bolton said:

Fantastic looking game, yes, but part of me wishes the Fins would’ve worn the white version of this throwback (they have that, right?) so we could see the Cowboys in blue and to continue the troll job of forcing them to wear the uniforms they hate.

I agree it would’ve been nice to see the navy jerseys, but they don’t hate them. In fact, they are choosing to wear them for multiple home games this year. 

3 hours ago, Michael Bolton said:

Fantastic looking game, yes, but part of me wishes the Fins would’ve worn the white version of this throwback (they have that, right?) so we could see the Cowboys in blue and to continue the troll job of forcing them to wear the uniforms they hate.

Until this year, Carolina usually liked to wear white at home against Dallas regardless of the time of season. The Panthers play the Cowboys again next year.

It will depend on what the schedulers decide for next year. The last two years, 2022 and 2023, the schedulers have not been real pals. All the teams who could have made Dallas wear navy blue get their game against them scheduled late in the year. The ones who do are the usual suspects who you know are going to do the gimmick.

I know this is gonna be unpopular, but in the short glimpse I got of the “snowcapped” Broncos set, it looked better than expected. White socks or pants would make it even better (although very Syracuse-like).

ARcgpLT.jpg

I wouldn’t hate it as a once-a-year thing going forward.

• Like 3
  • Dislike 2