2023 NFL Regular Season Through Super Bowl LVIII

9 hours ago, Cujo said:

NFL gave us Thanksgiving Day boatraces. 😪

I expect tomorrow to be more of the same.

Why do they call it that?  Can't boat races be close?  I've never competed in one, but I imagine it's just like any other race.

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

17 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Why do they call it that?  Can't boat races be close?  I've never competed in one, but I imagine it's just like any other race.

I've never watched one... but supposedly once one of those sailboating teams takes the lead, it's impossible to overcome.

6uXNWAo.png

13 minutes ago, Cujo said:

I've never watched one... but supposedly once one of those sailboating teams takes the lead, it's impossible to overcome.

I'm thinking a more accurate analogy for a blowout game would be a car race where the leading car is one of the ones  that shoots oil out of the back of it and makes the trailers slip and spin out so it wins handly.

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

56 minutes ago, BBTV said:

I'm thinking a more accurate analogy for a blowout game would be a car race where the leading car is one of the ones  that shoots oil out of the back of it and makes the trailers slip and spin out so it wins handly.

That guy’s first name was Speed and last name was Racer.  What if the poor bastard had just wanted to be a pastry chef?

• LOL 1

49 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

That guy’s first name was Speed and last name was Racer.  What if the poor bastard had just wanted to be a pastry chef?

I don't think anyone's name should tie them to a particular career.  Two notable examples: there was a guy who's actual name was Repo Man, who, after a successful career as a repo man (duh), decided to be a wrestler but kept the name.

There was also a guy named Irwin R. Shyster, who wanted to be a tax accountant, but also ended up being a wrestler. 

main_banner-1.jpg

Come to think of it, the only examples I can think of all relate to wrestling.  So basically, your name can limit you to two careers - one that matches your name, or professional wrestling.

Your name limits you to either raiding villages and plundering (which is what I assume you do for a living), or this: (don't ask me why a Nordic Viking wrestler is posing with a Japanese businessman):

the-berzerker-and-mr-fuji.jpg

(this is how I imagine you do your posting, just with grayer hair:)

c2380f15a574458ba6ecb345d358e55d.webp

2 hours ago, BBTV said:

I don't think anyone's name should tie them to a particular career.  Two notable examples: there was a guy who's actual name was Repo Man, who, after a successful career as a repo man (duh), decided to be a wrestler but kept the name.

There was also a guy named Irwin R. Shyster, who wanted to be a tax accountant, but also ended up being a wrestler. 

main_banner-1.jpg

Come to think of it, the only examples I can think of all relate to wrestling.  So basically, your name can limit you to two careers - one that matches your name, or professional wrestling.

Your name limits you to either raiding villages and plundering (which is what I assume you do for a living), or this: (don't ask me why a Nordic Viking wrestler is posing with a Japanese businessman):

the-berzerker-and-mr-fuji.jpg

(this is how I imagine you do your posting, just with grayer hair:)

c2380f15a574458ba6ecb345d358e55d.webp

If you live in Gotham City your name can directly lead you to a career as a super villain. 

• LOL 1

20 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

If that drooling idiot Tony Romo says the Cowboys can win the Superbowl one more time I’m going to get in my car, drive to Dallas and punch that embarrassing homer in his pansy face.  

Shut up, a hole. 

My favorite part of the outcome of that game is the Cowboys fans and TV personalities OVERREACTING because they beat a BAD BAD Washington team by 30+ points. They were supposed to beat them easily, and they are acting like that was the biggest win of the year. There are so many issues in Washington with the lame duck coaching staff, I'm surprised that the score wasn't worse than what it was. 

26 minutes ago, shstpt1 said:

TV personalities OVERREACTING

Guys like Skip, Stephen A, and all those ESPN hot take merchants who make their entire show about the Dallascowboys? 🚮

Rivera is clearly done giving af. And Washington threw up the white flag on 2023 when they traded Young and Sweat. And Dallas is a good team in a very shoddy conference outside of Philly, SF and Detroit. Can't fault them for them beating teams who are on their schedule.

• Like 1

6uXNWAo.png

Since he doesn't talk about it and doesn't make excuses, it's hard to know exactly when Hurts' injury occurred.  But according to Jeremy Fowler, it was another Met Life Stadium injury.

Knowing the outcome, I'm glad they played him, but with the absence of that info,  I would have considered giving him a second bye week and treating the KC game as a "scheduled loss".  He took off his brace last week, but he's messed up - and will likely be so for the rest of the season.  His lack of threat has contributed to their formerly-dominant running game basically stalling the past few weeks.