2023 NFL Regular Season Through Super Bowl LVIII

1 hour ago, infrared41 said:

How is a Native American kid wearing Native American garb not in good taste?

And it’s not like it’s some “My great great great grandma was a Cherokee princess” thing either. Kid’s grandfather apparently sits on the board of the Chumash Tribe in California. So, if anyone can, this kid can. 

People who go after kids need to get a life. Simple as.  Or hell, at least wait 48 hours to get the facts right before shooting from the hip.  At least this hack wouldn’t have beclowned himself. 

Edited by Red Comet
  • Like 5

On 11/28/2023 at 4:29 PM, DCarp1231 said:

Kyle Shanahan talking about Washington’s QB drafting strategy in 2012-

• Always wanted to draft two quarterbacks

• Originally wanted Ryan Tannehill at #6 and Russell Wilson in the middle rounds

• Kyle wanted Kirk Cousins in 2nd Round

• Washington traded up instead to get RG3 and waited for Kirk Cousins in the 4th round

But why? Like why go in and plan on taking a QB in the first two rounds? I can't think of any logical reason to do that.

Carolina Panthers (2012 - Pres)Carolina Hurricanes (2000 - Pres)

4 hours ago, Red Comet said:

And it’s not like it’s some “My great great great grandma was a Cherokee princess” thing either. Kid’s grandfather apparently sits on the board of the Chumash Tribe in California. So, if anyone can, this kid can. 

People who go after kids need to get a life. Simple as.  Or hell, at least wait 48 hours to get the facts right before shooting from the hip.  At least this hack wouldn’t have beclowned himself. 

CBS knew what they were doing by zooming in on the kid.

Engagement is engagement. And angry engagement is the easiest kind there is.

It's like Monsters Inc, except they were wrong about the laughter thing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

On 11/29/2023 at 7:18 AM, BBTV said:

• The only actual regular cheaters are the Steelers, and the video-taping Patriots (I couldn't care less about how big or how deflated Tom Brady's balls were.)  Oh... and the Cowboys, who were the benefit of what was honestly (no hyperbole) the worst call I've ever seen:

No clear fumble recovery:  There were four Eagles around the ball, and zero  Cowboys.  The replay people said they couldn't confirm that the Eagles got the ball, and the refs announced that it was a fumble, but no clear recovery by the Eagles.  GTFO. 

DuBEWUtUUAEJeru.jpg

Remember seeing this as it happened.  All I could think was "wut? 🤯".  I'm not even an Eagles fan, and I thought that was a horrible call.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Is flexing games into Monday night a new thing? I get time slots, but while days seems really cruel to fans that may be traveling or paid a premium for tickets that they can no longer use. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

19 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Is flexing games into Monday night a new thing? I get time slots, but while days seems really cruel to fans that may be traveling or paid a premium for tickets that they can no longer use. 

Agreed but the NFL doesn't give a :censored:.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 minute ago, infrared41 said:

Neither of them playing on a short week certainly seems to be helping.

Yeah, I've seen articles from players talking about how they don't have time to recover from a Sunday game before TNF, so their bodies aren't ready for the game, which contributes to the sloppiness.

Dak is unbelievable man. Dude is playing by far the best he ever has in his career. Only reason why the Cowboys won tonight. He should clearly be the MVP front runner. 

Defense still has me worried against good offenses. They are built to stop teams in exactly one way (which is what happened in this game over the final 7 minutes of the 4th) and if the script goes any other way, they collapse. Again, if it weren’t for Dak being on an absolute tear this season and in this game, they easily would have lost. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

34 minutes ago, ruttep said:

Yeah, I've seen articles from players talking about how they don't have time to recover from a Sunday game before TNF, so their bodies aren't ready for the game, which contributes to the sloppiness.

Again: no Thursday games without preceding bye weeks. Especially Thanksgiving. 

• Like 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

1 hour ago, Cujo said:

Just wanna make sure everyone who hates Thursday night games, and says they're terrible and unsafe, aren't watching TNF.

Try to keep up, Van Smack.

2 hours ago, infrared41 said:
2 hours ago, GDAWG said:

A good Thursday Night Game? What the hell is this devilry?

2 hours ago, ruttep said:
2 hours ago, infrared41 said:

1 hour ago, the admiral said:
2 hours ago, ruttep said:

Again: no Thursday games without preceding bye weeks. Especially Thanksgiving. 

• Love 1

BB52Big.jpg

Good News: Seattle's offense did pretty damn well last night. DK Metcalf made fools out of the Dallas secondary (especially Bland, which surprised me since he's pretty good).

Bad News: The defense couldn't stop a wet paper bag.