2023 NFL Regular Season Through Super Bowl LVIII

1 minute ago, Unocal said:

The NFL needs a new scriptwriter

So do you. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 7
  • LOL 3
  • Yawn 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

16 minutes ago, BBTV said:
18 minutes ago, Unocal said:

So do you. 

I'm abusing my power as a mod and as one of the 27 members of the M-XII by not following procedure and asking for a second.

Congrats, Vet.

nYDhWob.png

Any grievances or appeals can be sent to the following address.

Majestic XII HQ

PO Box 27

Pueblo, CO 81012

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2

BB52Big.jpg

48 minutes ago, Unocal said:

I would rather Dallas win the next 10 SB's then this unlikeable Cincy team ever win one

Burrow has reached the level of beyond insufferable. I hope he ends up being Philip Rivers in stripes

Funny you mention the word insufferable 🤔

• Like 6
  • Yawn 1

6 hours ago, Cujo said:

Allen felt pressured and threw it away. By the book, that's a flag. What am I missing here?

The pressure was not that bad, and the receiver stopped running after the ball was in the air. It was just a miscommunication. It may have been slightly overthrown, but it was definitely not throwing the ball away.

• Like 1
  • Huh? 1

4 hours ago, Unocal said:

they act like they’ve actually won a SB even though they didn’t

they don’t respect any opponents

Seriously, a personal, private journal would probably be a more appropriate place for you to share your thoughts rather than a public forum where other people can actually read them and form an opinion because it's never going to end well for you.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

7 hours ago, Unocal said:

This NFL season has been predictable as hell.

Cincy, KC, Philly on top.

This has been the least predictable season in recent history. Yeah the good teams are going to be on top because they’re good duh. But each individual game has been a crap shoot. 

15 hours ago, infrared41 said:

This just in: C.J. Stroud might be pretty good.

I said the night of the draft that the Panthers are going to regret taking Young at #1. They must have incredible buyer's remorse right now. 

10 hours ago, BBTV said:

I'll hear no more of this "Ohio State NFL Quarterback Curse" nonsense.

Passing Rushing Receiving
Player Tm Cmp Att Yds TD Int Sk Yds Lng Rate Att Yds TD Lng Tgt Rec Yds TD Lng
Bobby Hoying PHI 26 42 313 4 1 2 2 28 106.5 5 62 0 30 0 0 0 0

I believe this game is why a young EDP became an Eagles fan. 

The only start Boomer Esiason lost in his second stint and final season with the Bengals.

8 hours ago, Unocal said:

I would rather Dallas win the next 10 SB's then this unlikeable Cincy team ever win one

Burrow has reached the level of beyond insufferable. I hope he ends up being Philip Rivers in stripes

You have no idea what an enormous compliment this is coming from you. Thank you. 

• Like 1

PvO6ZWJ.png

3 hours ago, Cosmic said:

The pressure was not that bad, and the receiver stopped running after the ball was in the air. It was just a miscommunication. It may have been slightly overthrown, but it was definitely not throwing the ball away.

He's a pro QB, should be more aware and throw a better pass then. Flag was warranted.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Dislike 1

6uXNWAo.png

1 hour ago, Cujo said:

He's a pro QB, should be more aware and throw a better pass then. Flag was warranted.

Feel like you’re being intentionally obtuse here to, for god knows what reason, defend overzealous officiating.  For one, it was clearly a miscommunication on an option route.  The WR was still in a full sprint when the throw was made.  Second, the penalty requires the QB to be throwing the ball away to avoid an imminent loss of yardage.  He was not.   Allen had already completed his throwing motion by the time any defender comes unblocked.

• Like 1

IUe6Hvh.png

simply based on that clip posted above, I'm not sure how that would be intentional grounding.  Typically that involves a QB in imminent danger of being sacked (or even already in the grasp) and the throw doesn't (or barely) get back to the line, or is thrown away in nobody's direction.  I think Collinsworth explained it well, and there was no reason for him to intentionally ground it - he's standing upright in the pocket.

• Like 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, See Red said:

Feel like you’re being intentionally obtuse here to, for god knows what reason, defend overzealous officiating.  For one, it was clearly a miscommunication on an option route.  The WR was still in a full sprint when the throw was made.  Second, the penalty requires the QB to be throwing the ball away to avoid an imminent loss of yardage.  He was not.   Allen had already completed his throwing motion by the time any defender comes unblocked.

The NBC tv ref said by the book it was grounding, and explained it pretty well.

Regardless of the call, Cincy was winning this game. They were on their way to scoring again on the final drive, but just took knees to run out the clock.

6uXNWAo.png

3 hours ago, Sport said:

I said the night of the draft that the Panthers are going to regret taking Young at #1. They must have incredible buyer's remorse right now. 

The Panthers would’ve ruined Stroud too. They’re just not good enough to develop a QB properly and are entering a nasty development cycle of blowing through QB talent.

• Like 2