MLB 2024 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

5 hours ago, Brian E said:

i dunno, man. i just feel like this was a cool direction to take that jersey. it'll read fine on TV with better resolutions than they had back when they first introduced it in 1999, and i feel like it needed to be spruced up. think it's going to look good on-field.

So far what I see from the style guide, they remind me of the Marlins black alts and those are VERY hard to read on TV. 

Screenshot-2024-01-19-at-7.23.31-PM-672x

20910462.jpg

• Like 4
  • Hurl 1

XM4KeeA.png

The league really needs to mandate that names and numbers contrast with the base color. Form has to follow function here. That Marlins jersey is a failure and the Mets one isn't much better.

• Like 19
  • Applause 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

4 hours ago, AstroCree said:

We had a feeling they might do that, and it's unfortunate that they did. The worst part is that the maker's marks (Nike & New Era) are remaining white, so they stand out extra, like they do on the Marlins' black alts. The white outline was probably the best part about the Mets' black alt. I don't anticipate this is going to look good, and at this rate I'd be fine without the black alt in it's entirety.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, AstroCree said:

So far what I see from the style guide, they remind me of the Marlins black alts and those are VERY hard to read on TV. 

20910462.jpg

Don't like it. I thought the original purpose of bringing back the black Mets uniform was for 90s/00s nostalgia purposes, and "modernizing" it completely contradicts that purpose. 

Plus, yeah, the readability (or lack thereof) is a massive downgrade.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Old School Fool said:

I like it. Reminds me of the old Lakers black jerseys in how they execute the colors. The orange outline is gonna pop most likely.

f01b2b1afe6fb9cc0433e5b9347d6c20.jpg

That works better than this Mets jersey because yellow is brighter than orange. 

And I'd rather see a black Mets jersey serving as a 2000s throwback than a "stealth" version of their primary jersey.

• Like 7

The easiest way to "improve" the Mets black jersey other than unleashing Chris Sale or a serial arsonist on them would be to reverse the orange and blue on the script and numbers.  But the Mets should have left these in 1998 when they were introduced.  

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

57 minutes ago, (probably)notabandwagonfan said:

Via Uni Watch, the Yankees road uniforms are changing.

https://uni-watch.com/2024/01/23/exclusive-yankees-planning-changes-to-road-uniform/

spacer.png

If this is true, I will still hate the Yankees, but their uniform set will be elevated to one of the best in the league, rather than the 70s striped-road uniforms bringing down the #1B home uniform of the league.

I think this change makes sense for the Yankees. I admit that I liked the white outlines (though I did not like the sleeve stripes).

But this is a very traditional look for a traditional team. Then again, they have a corporate sponsor on the sleeve, so tradition is really not what it used to be.

• Like 3

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

This is great news. The white outline seemed very out of place and cluttered a jersey that would be just fine with plain navy letters. I wouldn't hate a single stripe of navy piping on the sleeves, but once they are worn in game, I may come to like the plain sleeves.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, (probably)notabandwagonfan said:

Via Uni Watch, the Yankees road uniforms are changing.

https://uni-watch.com/2024/01/23/exclusive-yankees-planning-changes-to-road-uniform/

spacer.png

Absolutely terrible.  These look like wet paper bags.  The Yankees' road look would go from near the top to near the bottom.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Dislike 8
  • Facepalm 1

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

1 minute ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Absolutely terrible.  These look like wet paper bags.  The Yankees' road look would go from near the top to near the bottom.

Literally in opposite world. The white trim and sleeve cuffs were straight out of the 70s and should've been retired a long time ago. This is traditional, pre-horribly renovated Yankee Stadium era Yankees road uniforms.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, McCall said:

Literally in opposite world. The white trim and sleeve cuffs were straight out of the 70s and should've been retired a long time ago. This is traditional, pre-horribly renovated Yankee Stadium era Yankees road uniforms.

Note that the improvement to the Yankees' road uniforms with the beautiful white outlines (along with the conversion to the strong varsity numbers) took place in 1973, before the renovation of the Stadium.

It's sad to see this unsightly downgrade of uniforms with a proud 50-year history.

• Huh? 1
  • Yawn 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Eyeroll 1

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

17 minutes ago, McCall said:

Agreed, for as classic as the home pinstripes look, the road uni looked like it was stuck in the 70s.  This simplification fits the overall classic look of the Yankees (even coming from a rival fan)

• Like 2
  • Applause 1