MLB 2024 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

2 hours ago, leopard88 said:

I have no memory of this.  I guess I had grown out of the target demographic by the Cloris Leachman/George Clooney era.

I remember watching those episodes.  They promoted the hell out of them and got everyone my age into thinking of Australia as some magical place.  Then you go there and it's like "eh", though I'll say that interacting with straight-up bogans is ridiculously amusing.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

26 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

Are we gonna forget about "Down Under" by Men at Work helping with the fascination of Australia in the 80's?

And INXS, AC/DC, et al.

Nowadays my favorite Aussie music is probs either Courtney Barnett or King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizzard.  At one point Tame Impala, but not really doing it for me anymore.

But everything is so accessible now, including simply going there, which isn't out of reach any longer.  The pain in the ass is Perth, but... it's Perth.

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, BBTV said:

And INXS, AC/DC, et al.

Nowadays my favorite Aussie music is probs either Courtney Barnett or King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizzard.  At one point Tame Impala, but not really doing it for me anymore.

But everything is so accessible now, including simply going there, which isn't out of reach any longer.  The pain in the ass is Perth, but... it's Perth.

For me, it's always been the Hoodoo Gurus, still active after all these years! 

1 hour ago, M59 said:

For me, it's always been the Hoodoo Gurus, still active after all these years! 

Love those guys!

And that have a baseball connection . . .  sort of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gD2c8yoTsz0

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

9 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

Or INXS?

23 hours ago, BBTV said:

And INXS, AC/DC, et al.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, M59 said:

Back in America this year touring the 40th Anniversary of the Stoneage Romeos LP!

Looks like the closest they get to me (northern Baltimore suburbs)  is Alexandria, VA on a Wednesday night.  I'll have to wait for the 50th Anniversary tour.

As for other Aussie bands of the 80s, Crowded House is also on tour.  They're in Vienna, VA on a Tuesday night.  I'll have to rest on having seen them in Georgetown in 1986.

The Church passed through DC last month and Paul Kelly (minus the Messengers) only gets as close as Richmond.

• Like 1

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

On 7/23/2024 at 7:50 PM, TrueYankee26 said:

New Era made mini mascot hats for almost all 30 teams in 3 colors (goldish (?) brown, white and team color), they created three mascots for the 3 teams that do not employ one (Yanks, Angels and Dodgers)

spacer.png

New Era missed a golden opportunity to revive Dandy there instead created a baby bear for the Yankees. Inspired by Yogi Berra/Yogi Bear perhaps?

spacer.png

Angels have the rally monkey they have used on the scoreboard since the early aughts.

spacer.png

Dodgers have a silver koala. Apparently the koala and the Dodgers go back to the 80s with the Blue Crew which is a kids club.

spacer.png

Red Sox don't have just one

spacer.png

They have 2 sets of mini mascot hats

I finally saw the Yankees on MLB.tv's Great Mascot Race, and they had a mascot-style human named "Yankee Doodle".  Is someone holding onto the copyright for Dandy and keeping it buried until their dead?

Baxter, Billy, and Mr. Red are adorable, but I feel it's a missed opportunity to not get the cursed image of a baby Mr. Redlegs.  And shame on them for having two Boston ones but no Mrs. Met!  Also, who the crap is that in the Swinging Friar's spot?

On 7/24/2024 at 2:56 PM, SFGiants58 said:

Insert recycled joke from “Bart vs. Australia” here and now I owe 900 dollarydoos.

I would have referenced chazzwazzers.

On 7/24/2024 at 3:20 PM, BBTV said:

1-14791442182.jpg

When I first scrolled past this, I thought it was a photoshop.

15 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

Or INXS?

inxs-come-over-here.gif

Steve Martin, also a prop comic!

• Like 1

spacer.png

spacer.png

5 hours ago, TrueYankee26 said:

Apparently Steve Irwin day falls on my birthday 😁

As long as you avoid sting rays, you should be fine 🤪

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

On 7/23/2024 at 7:50 PM, TrueYankee26 said:

New Era made mini mascot hats for almost all 30 teams in 3 colors (goldish (?) brown, white and team color), they created three mascots for the 3 teams that do not employ one (Yanks, Angels and Dodgers)

Okay but who is this and what have they done with the Swinging Friar?

70873155_59FIFTY_MLBMINIMASCOT_SADPAD_BR

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

Signature intentionally left blank

49 minutes ago, leopard88 said:

Looks like the closest they get to me (northern Baltimore suburbs)  is Alexandria, VA on a Wednesday night.  I'll have to wait for the 50th Anniversary tour.

As for other Aussie bands of the 80s, Crowded House is also on tour.  They're in Vienna, VA on a Tuesday night.  I'll have to rest on having seen them in Georgetown in 1986.

The Church passed through DC last month and Paul Kelly (minus the Messengers) only gets as close as Richmond.

I'll be at that (sold out) Alexandria show at the Birchmere, after seeing them at the Hamilton last year. Great show, BTW.
While we're tossing out Aussie bands, gotta include Hunters and Collectors. Along with about nine other people I saw them at the original 9:30 club on their first US tour. Hadn't written this song yet, though. They were still in their weird phase.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, M59 said:

I'll be at that (sold out) Alexandria show at the Birchmere, after seeing them at the Hamilton last year. Great show, BTW.
While we're tossing out Aussie bands, gotta include Hunters and Collectors. Along with about nine other people I saw them at the original 9:30 club on their first US tour. Hadn't written this song yet, though. They were still in their weird phase.

Have fun . . . and that is a great song.

Aussiejack over?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dilbert said:

Okay but who is this and what have they done with the Swinging Friar?

70873155_59FIFTY_MLBMINIMASCOT_SADPAD_BR

The Petco Pup, with a butterfly on its nose???

It's where I sit.

2 hours ago, leopard88 said:

Aussiejack over?

Not just yet.  The Bee Gees called and they thing the Aussiejack needs to be...

• Like 1
  • LOL 1