Worst. Logo. Ever.

13 hours ago, M4One said:

spacer.png

In a vacuum this is a great logo, save for perhaps the toothpaste swooshes at the bottom. The only problem with it is that it's a poor fit for any professional franchise, especially one like the Islanders. I think it's vastly overhated and isn't anywhere near the worst logo in sports.

• Like 9

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

3 hours ago, PERRIN said:

In a vacuum this is a great logo, save for perhaps the toothpaste swooshes at the bottom. The only problem with it is that it's a poor fit for any professional franchise, especially one like the Islanders. I think it's vastly overhated and isn't anywhere near the worst logo in sports.

I agree. Good logo on its own, but not fit for the Isles.

If that mark was released by a AAA baseball team or any minor-league affiliate, I think the tone towards the design would shift drastically.

This badge was eventually rejected but had it gone through - this would've been my nomination...

spacer.png

Bad!

• Like 3

On 10/1/2023 at 6:31 AM, M4One said:

spacer.png

Bingo.

This logo is so terrible on so many levels. It only lasted a few years, which ended up being the only time in my life I actually watched wrestling. I just assumed it was supposed to be some abstract symbol. Literally never noticed the WCW for the longest time. So not only does it look incredibly stupid, I wonder how many people actually noticed the letters. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

Bingo.

This logo is so terrible on so many levels. It only lasted a few years, which ended up being the only time in my life I actually watched wrestling. I just assumed it was supposed to be some abstract symbol. Literally never noticed the WCW for the longest time. So not only does it look incredibly stupid, I wonder how many people actually noticed the letters. 

WCW was already losing steam by then but that logo change really signaled the point of no return for them to me.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

On 10/2/2023 at 12:23 PM, VDizzle12 said:

Bingo.

It tried to look futuristic, but instead it looked way too goofy.

The poster child of failure - WCW from 1999-2001.

• Like 1

rAUPGPZ.png

4 hours ago, GrayJ12 said:

It tried to look futuristic, but instead it looked way too goofy.

The poster child of failure - WCW from 1999-2001.

So awful, it was immediately (and rightfully) flipped to this when Vince bought them out.

WCW_Logo_(2001)_invasion_of_WWF.png

• Like 3

6uXNWAo.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/3/2023 at 4:26 PM, Cujo said:

So awful, it was immediately (and rightfully) flipped to this when Vince bought them out.

WCW_Logo_(2001)_invasion_of_WWF.png

I actually liked this one and have a shirt of it. Even though it represents one of the biggest failures in wrestling, it's still appealing.

• Like 3
  • Dislike 1

On 10/2/2023 at 12:23 PM, VDizzle12 said:

Bingo.

I'm not a wrestling fan, but I've seen that logo before on multiple occasions and I noticed them . . . if you count me noticing them for the first time ever about three minutes ago.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃