Worst. Logo. Ever.

The thing that always makes me laugh about the Canton Ice Patrol logo is how the two pucks have identical yellow streaking. It seems like they copied the big one and shrunk it down to make a smaller one.

• Like 3

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

16 hours ago, LMU said:

88-Worst-Logo-Designs-35.jpg?resize=301,

300px-Toledo_Storm.gif

Both absolutely horrendous.

The Storm logo has always looked to me like something a random 8th grader drew on the brown grocery bag book cover of one of his school books while bored during 4th period social studies.

• Like 2

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

On 9/18/2023 at 11:37 PM, B3N said:

I think this one meets all the criteria:
- Boring and uninspired
- Probably ripped from a Google search
- Replaced a solid and very recognizable brand identity
- overall, really stupid

logo-black.png.twimg.2560.png

That's right, Twitter/X.

"probably ripped off from a google search"
Oh no, it's straight up a unicode character. I don't think you can actually trademark this either? Plus, remember when Elon said they're changing their name, but it took a few weeks for everything to update to that name? This wasn't planned, he just decided to change it without any sort of marketing push or plan. It's really an inspiration. You can have a hundred billion dollars while being the stupidest person in most rooms you're in.
https://www.compart.com/en/unicode/U+1D54F

• Like 7

On 10/16/2023 at 1:40 PM, MJWalker45 said:

Brownie is the better logo option, to be fair. The NFL doesn't even allow that helmet anymore. 

Not only that, the team occasionally wears white helmets or white facemasks now. So for at least 4 games out of the year it doesn't accurately match what's on the field. 

Hopefully it's on borrowed time. 

• Like 2

On 10/3/2023 at 4:52 PM, BBTV said:

That one wasn't any good either.

When they rolled out that logo, they referred to wrestlers as "WCW Stars" (as opposed to WWF Superstars) and were putting out polls as to whether the new Saturday show should be called "Saturday Night Hotbox." But sure, it was a stinker Buff Bagwell match that made them "abandon" their "plans" for WCW.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

There's a thread in the goldmine, some of you old timers may recall, that had a "concept" done in msPaint for the...steamboats, or something?  I can't recall if that was Lee's work or what.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

On 10/16/2023 at 1:44 PM, infrared41 said:

This is the better Brownie logo.

cd856263c7b718a17bcecb32f81a96c0.jpg

Both of these are incredibly weak logos IMO. Way, way too detailed. I personally don't think the Browns need anything but the helmet logo. It sets them apart and is immediately identifiable as the Browns. But if they were going to add a secondary logo, it needs to be much better than these.

Also, it's completely sacreligious to see them play in white helmets. They have built their entire brand on the orange helmets.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Dislike 2

Carolina Panthers (2012 - Pres)Carolina Hurricanes (2000 - Pres)

3 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

Not only that, the team occasionally wears white helmets or white facemasks now. So for at least 4 games out of the year it doesn't accurately match what's on the field. 

Hopefully it's on borrowed time. 

The much bigger problem is that they wear white helmets at all, not that it makes the logo inaccurate.

• Dislike 1

Carolina Panthers (2012 - Pres)Carolina Hurricanes (2000 - Pres)

1 hour ago, CS85 said:

There's a thread in the goldmine, some of you old timers may recall, that had a "concept" done in msPaint for the...steamboats, or something?  I can't recall if that was Lee's work or what.

It was Lee and the team was the Wyoming Marinerzzzzzzz. (I think it was Wyoming, anyway.)

• Like 1

BB52Big.jpg

37 minutes ago, throwuascenario said:

Both of these are incredibly weak logos IMO. Way, way too detailed. I personally don't think the Browns need anything but the helmet logo. It sets them apart and is immediately identifiable as the Browns. But if they were going to add a secondary logo, it needs to be much better than these.

Also, it's completely sacreligious to see them play in white helmets. They have built their entire brand on the orange helmets.

Whatever.

• LOL 1

BB52Big.jpg

17 hours ago, infrared41 said:

It was Lee and the team was the Wyoming Marinerzzzzzzz. (I think it was Wyoming, anyway.)

If memory serves me, you are 100% correct . . . except maybe on the number of Zs at the end.

. . . and now, on an almost semi-related note, I'm slightly tempted to go to the Goldmine and read the Monica Bisordi thread.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

20 hours ago, CS85 said:

i also recall someone reposting that same concept to see who would catch on. the original was before my time so i didn't get the bit but i tried my darndest to be nice about the concept haha

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns