2024-25 NHL Changes

LMU

The only other teams in the league with black and blue both used at the same time are Columbus and that’s a completely different shade with red thrown in, and Tampa with a different shade and the black completely downplayed. As much as people deny it, they’re fully unique here.

• Like 10

VmWIn6B.png

1 hour ago, bowld said:

As much as we think black and blue is overused, I just realized there isn't a single team that wears a primary black jersey with blue striping. Adding purple would be preferred but this works too

Yeah, I'm just glad we didn't get the 149303974315th navy blue home jersey. At least this shade of blue is somewhat unique.

• Like 1

As far as the striping goes, the black home is clearly the stronger of the two.

At any rate, the set would be significantly stronger if the jerseys matched...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bmac said:

I've long thought Minnesota should replace red with kelly green. This is the way forward:

DrVYsGTUUAET25n?format=jpg&name=large

Double green and yellow-gold would look amazing together. An improved colour scheme would make the worst team name in North American pro sports more bearable. No pun intended.

• Like 4

I honestly expected the Utah jerseys to be incredibly boring, so I'll take this. Not that these are the most exciting thing in the world, mind you, but simply making "Utah" run diagonally helps a lot in that regard, somehow. Definitely better than just slapping the roundel logo on there as the crest and calling it a day. In fact, I was picturing a late-2000's/early 2010's Dallas-esque arched "Utah" script with player number underneath. 

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - 2006  |  New Orleans JazzCats - Major League Hockey (AHL) - 2023

8 hours ago, bowld said:

As much as we think black and blue is overused, I just realized there isn't a single team that wears a primary black jersey with blue striping. Adding purple would be preferred but this works too

The shade of blue might be somewhat unique, but black & blue is hardly original. Both of these even have the same mis-matched sleeve & hem stripes.

spacer.png

spacer.png

And if they do end up being the Yetis (or Blizzards with some sort of yeti logo), they're just going to look like a rebooted Winnipeg Ice.

spacer.png

• Like 2

12 hours ago, GFB said:

…so what you’re saying is that they intentionally mismatched them.

you can see how that’s worse right?

meh I think it’s similar to something like Edmonton with the extra orange on the sleeves. 

the hem has the logo above it so the larger stripes, and less busy version, works well there. 

9 hours ago, LMU said:

The only other teams in the league with black and blue both used at the same time are Columbus and that’s a completely different shade with red thrown in, and Tampa with a different shade and the black completely downplayed. As much as people deny it, they’re fully unique here.

But then black and light blue isn't a far cry from navy and light blue, which the Jets use. They're closer to them than they are to the Bolts or Blue Jackets.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The gnashing of teeth over the uniqueness of the color scheme is about as premature as being annoyed by the boring name and jersey design.

I would be shocked if they didn't include a tertiary color — most likely, as most of you have said, some shade of purple — when they unveil the eventual permanent branding. We're seeing an intentionally watered-down placeholder look here. Why wouldn't that also include the full color scheme?

It seems like a pretty obvious formula they're following: Keep it obnoxiously basic so the eventually branding reveal has more impact. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

The gnashing of teeth over the uniqueness of the color scheme is about as premature as being annoyed by the boring name and jersey design.

I mean the team has said that the name & jersey design is temporary, but they explicitly stated that this is the permanent colour scheme. Smith has shown a preference for minimalist designs, so it wouldn't surprise me if they don't add anything else.

14 hours ago, AstroCreep said:

Just to understand, they're keeping the Adidas template correct? 

Yup. Basically, Adidas has given them the keys to the factory and there's not yet going to be an overhaul like there was with Reebok Edge and Adizero. So until they do their own one it's just the Adizero template with a Fanatics logo. Or "Fanatizero" if you will.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

23 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

The Wild have been around for almost just as long as the North Stars. In a few years, they will pass 26 seasons of longevity.

Great. I didn't feel old enough already...

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

1 minute ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Would Utah release the name itself mid-season, or would they release name and branding together next season?

🤷‍♂️ I mean, the same ownership group just released uniforms that their basketball team won't wear until 2025-26, so anything is possible.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spartacat_12 said:

I mean the team has said that the name & jersey design is temporary, but they explicitly stated that this is the permanent colour scheme. Smith has shown a preference for minimalist designs, so it wouldn't surprise me if they don't add anything else.

Sure, but I’d just take that to mean that light blue and black are the brand’s foundational colors. I wouldn’t see the addition of purple accents as a drastic departure from that. 

In other words, they’re saying the full brand won’t go wildcard and suddenly be yellow and orange.

1 hour ago, wildwing64 said:

Yup. Basically, Adidas has given them the keys to the factory and there's not yet going to be an overhaul like there was with Reebok Edge and Adizero. So until they do their own one it's just the Adizero template with a Fanatics logo. Or "Fanatizero" if you will.

I love the “Fanatizero” template name haha. 

I looks like from the Utah HC sweaters that they basically are dropping the dotted shoulders, but everything else should be the same. For at least a few years.

I do kinda hope that if Fanatics makes any changes in the next couple of years, that it would only really be with the collars, in making them a bit more traditional, so that we don’t have the Toilet bowl look anymore. (I mean teams haven’t really been using that design as much recently, which is a good thing)

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10