2024-25 NHL Changes

LMU

3 minutes ago, Rygi13 said:

No nameplate for the kings??
la-kings-chrome4091.jpg?imageOpt=1&fit=b

I like it. Corrects my two big issues with their uniform since going back to silver and black full time - 1. The silver was too light! Placed directly next to white it just washed out. Double outline on the numbers allows the silver to show up. 

And 2. The alternates they've been using weren't direct throwbacks to the Gretzky uniforms, but just wrong enough to look weird. 

kings-hockey-20490.jpg

Just going back to the Gretzky stripes is the right call. 

Only gripe now is they didn't put the sleeve numbers in the stripes. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Don't love the double outlined numbers on the road jersey. The '90s Kings jerseys are one of the few cases of the floating number outline that I actually like, and the floating outline would match the new logo better. Also disappointed that they didn't put the sleeve numbers inside the stripes.

Still a big upgrade over the last set though.

3 hours ago, B-mer said:

I still think the 100th spoked B is a much better logo, especially in black/yellow. Wish they would have retained that part. 

Intrigued to see how the new Kings' logo will be used at center ice. At the Forum, they had the two logos aligned with the center ice line (some years it was just a logo-less center ice circle). Maybe they'll use the new crown for this era. 

The new Kings' jerseys look fantastic, and the new logo looks better every time I see it. 

• Like 6

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

25 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

I still think the 100th spoked B is a much better logo, especially in black/yellow. Wish they would have retained that part. 

Totally agree, it looked great in the "normal" colorway but almost never got used as such. It's a little disappointing for me to see the Bruins just go back to the previous jerseys, even though I like them, because I thought the updated B was nice and because they've always done as well as any team has in terms of constantly keeping the uniforms fresh and updated, without really repeating themselves nor straying too far off the path.

• Like 3

The bottom stripe is so big, it looks like some knockoff jerseys

It was proportioned just fine with the Adidas template retro one they previously wore, but matches the same proportions as those terrible, low quality retro jerseys Fanatics/Mitchell & Ness produced...

i just hope this was a design choice by the Kings and a lazy oversightt by Fanatics 

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 1

RTNLTwX.png

As a card-carrying member of The Lakers Text Is Stolen Valor Club™, you'll never convince me that this isn't the better direction for the Kings

• Like 13

Ducks confirm orange helmets and pants. I don't know if I like head to ankle orange. Feels a little silly. 

New jerseys and the updated logo are great, though. Big fan. 

• Like 3

PvO6ZWJ.png