2024-25 NHL Changes

LMU

12 hours ago, CreamSoda said:

Is this a new league wide design?  Seems every new center ice design has the logo going through the red line. 

Not everyone, the Lightning new ice is going down and they have a solid red line.

7 hours ago, ruttep said:

I wonder if it's a requirement in these deals to market the ad patch to the fullest exent possible or something. Maybe these owners are simply so greedy and out of touch that they decide to post these things anyway.

It's definitely a condition of the sponsorship agreement to promote the patch. No team's marketing department actually believes jersey ads are something fans will be hyped about.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Klondyke said:

I dont even get the point of announcing this on social media.  It just creates a channel for everyone to trash the brand that is paying a lot of money for that real estate space. 

Wich is rightfully deserved

13 hours ago, ruttep said:

I wonder if it's a requirement in these deals to market the ad patch to the fullest exent possible or something. Maybe these owners are simply so greedy and out of touch that they decide to post these things anyway.

I hope it's a requirement because if it's not they are clearly trolling their fans...  I mean, there's no way anyone could be that tone deaf.

On 9/5/2024 at 9:50 AM, RobertG said:

It's so odd seeing the Stars with the cup in those jerseys. 

I associate that era so strongly with the "full star" jerseys, that I forgot those were still an alternate in '99.

Yeah, it's kind of strange that they wore those white jerseys for their cup parade because the full switch to the All Star template happened the very next season so it must have been planned at least a year in advance...  Maybe they just wanted to give that uniform a proper sendoff.

• Like 1

To anyone planning on buying jerseys, we should start to see the Adidas models start to go on massive discount very quickly and start popping up at outlets.

I would assume Fanatics wont want the Adidas models even in the team stores, especially since so many jerseys designs are the same.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CreamSoda said:

I’m sure it’s just a rookie mishap but an official photo shoot with a white helmet…

I understand that the rest of the world isn't as into uniforms as we are, but how does this go unnoticed/unfixed?

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

12 hours ago, nash61 said:

I understand that the rest of the world isn't as into uniforms as we are, but how does this go unnoticed/unfixed?

yeah very weird.  He was the only rookie rocking a white lid.  Stuck out like a sore thumb in all the group pics.  

On 9/4/2024 at 9:40 AM, spartacat_12 said:

Neither jersey/logo was all that beloved when they got rid of them

What is your basis for this?  In Vancouver's case, it's not like there was forums for the masses to voice their displeasure and, merch sales were only starting to become meaningfully measurable.

Buffalo I'll give you, though from what I recall, it was more of a desire to return to their roots than it was a dislike for the goat.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

spacer.png

The crests look to be sewn onto the new practice jerseys, with the logos using the same "dimensional embroidery" from the Adidas gamers.  The previous practice jerseys had heat transfer roundels.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BBTV said:

What is your basis for this?  In Vancouver's case, it's not like there was forums for the masses to voice their displeasure and, merch sales were only starting to become meaningfully measurable.

Buffalo I'll give you, though from what I recall, it was more of a desire to return to their roots than it was a dislike for the goat.

The Skate was derogatorily referred to as a "Plate of Spaghetti" and "Waffle Iron" by Canucks fans, even after 1994...  The push for its return is a recent phenomena.

• Like 2

On 9/5/2024 at 2:44 PM, M4One said:

EA NHL 25 revels Utah road jerseys.  Also has the Ducks wearing orange gloves with their road jerseys and black at home.

spacer.png

I will be referring to them all year as the Utah Generics, and I refuse to listen to any arguments against that

• Like 1

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

On 9/7/2024 at 7:25 PM, BBTV said:

I was a kid in the '90s and don't remember people being upset about the skate being replaced. They weren't returning to their old colours the way Buffalo did, so I don't know if Canucks fans saw it as a huge improvement, but when they went back to blue & green I never saw a single person suggesting they should've gone back to the skate then.

Give it another 10 years and we'll be seeing a demand to bring back the West Coast Express uniforms.

14 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

Wouldn't lie I hope Utah will keep that color scheme with new identify.

It's been confirmed that these colours will be permanent. Maybe they introduce a new tertiary colour like some of the PWHL team just did, or maybe they use sky blue as the main home colour, but they want there to be some continuity between the placeholder brand & the permanent one.

• Like 2