2024-25 NHL Changes

LMU

Kings - Love love love them. Don't even have any nitpicks (other than the ad of course). Hopefully they just stay away from chrome helmets. Wouldn't mind them introducing an alternate either in purple/yellow or even gray with the  crown logo in the future.

Ducks - as I said when they leaked, I really like them and and happy to see mask back as primary even if it's not the original colors. Nitpicks here would be as I said before the 'eye' doesn't make sense, but it doesn't look terrible either and I probably would have went with black pants on the home jerseys, because that's a lot of orange. Changes to the D foot are barely noticeable. 

13 minutes ago, bowld said:

New wordmark-

spacer.png

Oof...that beveling is NOT working.

As for the uniforms themselves, I'm not a real big fan of obvious era-mashups, as the new branding appears to be. This look is messing with my brain...probably because of the number/NOB font. In an exception of my stance on custom number fonts as mentioned over in the NFL, this is one time when standard NHL block fonts would have REALLY helped this look. That number font just looks out of place with that stripe treatment...and the dropshadowing now looks really unnecessary. 

I will credit them though for doubling down on the orange, though, and making it their "thing" (which makes sense, playing in Orange County). That said, numbers should be black-base on the white sweaters for legibility's sake (and i echo the need, or at least the option, for black breezers on the home sets). But that's where I stand on this for now.

• Like 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Kings- Excellent Uniform update. Fixed the sins of the Pencil-Tip logo era, and also proved to be a good update of the Gretzky era jerseys. Only nitpick is the Chevron instead of Crown on the front of the jerseys. 

Ducks- I like these less than most. Jersey design is an upgrade on the previous by default, and I do like the updated logo set. That said, I don't like the number font chosen at all, and it is a little too much orange. Black breezers and helmets on the homes would have been fine, I don't think the shoulders on the aways should be orange too either, as well as the numbers. Just way too much. 

• Like 1

KtHjnlJ.png

Pretty disappointed with the Ducks.  It’s too much orange and the numbers are terrible with the shadows and font weight. 

Maybe it’s because I’m not a fan of orange but this would be a 10/10 with the eggplant and jade.  Not sure, besides the owners, who is asking for an orange ducks color scheme….

• Like 3

2 hours ago, tBBP said:

I find it so funny that they're pushing all those "stitches" when so much of the product they push in the marketplace has so much heat-pressed single-layer faux-twill...

You don't know how pissed off I was with recent "swingman" purchases I made within the last year or so. Both Nike NFL and Mitchell and Ness basketball, especially when compared to ones I already owned from 4/5 years ago. The Mitchell and Ness especially, previously you could barely tell the difference between the swingman and authentic. Now it's all just cheap Fanatics glued/ironed on twill garbage.

Had I known I would have just gotten chinese knock offs, or in the NFL one's case,  at worst would have just got the screen printed replica and saved 50$.

• Like 1

The drop shadow on the new wordmark and the numbers somewhat feels it was planned with the old webbed-D in mind, which was designed with a drop shadow. 

I think it's a good set - there's a lot of orange. Wish the stripes had metallic thread instead of the beige. Logo is good, and I love that it's a big logo on the jersey.  The new NOB font is fantastic. 

There's a shot in one of the promo videos where Troy Terry's sleeve numbers (19)  were stitched WAY too far apart - hopefully they fix that.

Kind wonder what outlined Futura numbers would look like on this set (Ducks used Futura on the 90s alts). 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Then there's this, from the video on the Ducks website:

GTEPHWt.jpeg

Imma just set this right here...

• LOL 3
  • Hate 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||