2024-25 NHL Changes

LMU

48 minutes ago, tBBP said:

That is EXACTLY the kind of mess I figured Fanatics would pull. Nike-levels of hell-nawwh.

Even adidas in all their good sense knew to keep the on-ice authentics under $300. (Okay, I got my adidas Mark Stone VGK authentic out the team store for about $250.) I also saw a lot of Fanatics-branded authentics right next to the adidas ones, for multiple teams, and let's just say the fit-and-finish differences were pretty noticeable. But ain't no way in the world I'm finna pay half my rent plus sales tax for no jersey of no kind...

Except Adidas's "On-Ice Authentic" wasn't actually the same as what the players wore. It was more on par with what this Premium jersey is.  Fanatics is now actually releasing the SP-Apparel,  Canadian-made, on-ice, jerseys. I wanna say I've seen that some Adidas ones were released that were about this price. So definitely expensive, but the actual on-ice jersey. 

So the $190 is still a great look and feel with the stitched crests and everything, but they're just no longer lying about being the on-ice jerseys lol

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

1 hour ago, BrySmalls said:

I agree with everyone that the Caps need a jersey refresh, especially doing away with the sleeve piping. However, it's unclear which logo should be featured on the theoretical new Caps jersey. Here are some potential options for the new logo after the 2024-25 season:

• Using the 50th-anniversary lowercase Capitals logo
  • Finally Featuring the Weagle on the front of the jersey
  • Recoloring the Capitol Dome in red, white, and blue
  • Bringing back the red, white, and blue Screaming Eagle from RR 1.0
  • Or perhaps introducing an entirely new design?

Screen-Shot-2021-03-02-at-10.04.04-AM-e1

• Like 1
  • Love 3

4 hours ago, Cujo said:

The Caps being in love with that stupid looking (current and throwback) Capijals logo, when they have this at their disposal.. 

1a9eede4ea6629d27534d2820652c69ec06afac1

THAT right there should have been the Capitals' new look back in '95. A timeless uniform. The best Reverse Retro 1 besides the Kings' purple and yellow-gold version of the Gretzky-era black uniform.

I would just stick with the diagonal stripe with the ALL-CAPS CAPITALS wordmark without the cumberband hemline.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, YelichGraphics said:

I think the Capitals is more of a Tom Brady like situation. Once Ovechkin retires they will bring in the new era of Capitals hockey. I don't see them changing their look as long as he's on the team. 

Also side note I don't think there's been another player who has worn as many jerseys as him through just one team. I don't really count the Adidas version as a new look so he's worn the original two from black and blue set,  two more from the current one, two throwback uniforms, two reverse retros, the maroon WC, the navy CAPS stadium series, the navy W 3rd jersey, and the weagle stadium series. That brings his total to 12 different uniforms for the same team

5 hours ago, SavardToColton said:

Can't speak to other examples, but he's beaten out by his contemporaries in Pittsburgh of Crosby, Malkin and Letang. They wore the original vegas gold design, the Reebok black and khakis and the 2016 return to Black and Gold. Plus, 2 WC sets that became alts, the gold and current alts,  plus 6 more outdoor game and reverse retro jerseys. That would bring their total to 16 different jerseys worn. Say what you want about the Penguins, but they got their money's worth in Crosby jersey sales

Anze Kopitar has/will have them all beat once the season starts. He wore the pre-Reebok black, white, and purple, the original Reebok black and white (debatable as separate entries), the outgoing LA black and white, throwbacks in purple (1967), gold (1967), and white (1992), 3 Stadium Series designs, the 50th anniversary/later Adidas gray alternate, 2 Reverse Retros, the Chrome Dome alternate, and soon the new black and white. That's at least 17, maybe even 19, jerseys.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, VancouverFan69 said:

A tale of 2 southern California teams:

The Ducks nailed it with their gorgeous all-orange and updated Mighty Ducks era crest. I wanted a return to deep purple and jade teal but the Ducks became NHL uniform pioneers with what they unveiled today.  I can't wait to see the all-orange unis in action next season. The uniform matchups with the Sharks' teals will be awesome to see. Old-school and distinctive. 

Ducks became NHL uniform pioneers with what they unveiled today

Ehh.....by looking like the Flyers now?? That pioneering ?  🤔

The uniform matchups with the Sharks' teals will be awesome to see. Old-school and distinctive. 

How is that old-school.... and what does SJ have to do with this   🤔

• Like 1
  • Huh? 1

8 minutes ago, adsarebad said:

Ducks became NHL uniform pioneers with what they unveiled today

Ehh.....by looking like the Flyers now?? That pioneering ?  🤔

The uniform matchups with the Sharks' teals will be awesome to see. Old-school and distinctive. 

How is that old-school.... and what does SJ have to do with this   🤔

The Ducks are the first NHL team to wear all-orange as opposed to the Flyers who wear black helmets and pants. The Flames and Red Wings are all-red teams. The Canadiens and Blackhawks are not all-red teams even though red is also their primary dark jerseys colour.

The Ducks and Sharks horizontal hemline striping along with simple and distinctive colour schemes. Similar to the '67 expansion teams.

4 hours ago, VancouverFan69 said:

The Ducks are the first NHL team to wear all-orange as opposed to the Flyers who wear black helmets and pants. The Flames and Red Wings are all-red teams. The Canadiens and Blackhawks are not all-red teams even though red is also their primary dark jerseys colour.

The Ducks and Sharks horizontal hemline striping along with simple and distinctive colour schemes. Similar to the '67 expansion teams.

okay, all over orange  is a first, got it. Still not a fan.

And  don't see sharks and ducks is something to look forward to.

Sharks current look is garbage. 

Now, if ducks and sharks have a OG retro night... now that would be cool

🥰

spacer.png

When I saw the Kings update I was immediately taken aback by the fact the "Los Angeles" wasn't all caps. It's a small piece that maybe nobody else cares about but I think it would look better with all caps. It looked so odd to me that I assumed it was all-caps in the Gretzky era. Turns out I was wrong and I've kind of invented a problem. Still, though, I think going all-caps on that would have been a positive for this iteration.

• Like 2

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)